• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CC client Lag, need Help Asap

I

icd

hello guys and good night, im getting real frustrated when playing UO.
I don't know what it is but when i play with Classic Client ( my favorite client) my UO gets really choppy, is like my char struggles to move forward and always gives a little stop. It's making the best part of the game for me , the pvp, real difficult.
Yes some will say and i agree: is connection lag. Im playing from Brazil and i knew i would have more lag then US players but the funny thing is when i log with EC, the lag i was having with CC, goes away! Its like the EC runs much smoothier then then CC ( talk about crazy).
Can someone help me or post a tweal so i can run the CC client as smooth as the EC?
Hope that someone could give me some help, thanks in advance

PS: sorry for the bad english is like 2a.m and im very sleepy

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing to check is that windows indexing service is disabled for UO.

Locate your ultima online folder
Right click it
Select properties

You will now be presented with a window like the left one. Follow instructions on the image to make sure it disabled.

If it was enabled, try disabling it, hit ok, and apply and log in and see if it is better.

This potential fix is valid both for CC and EC lag. (no guarantee it will improve)

-Gilmour