• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Caution: This is not an official auction house (see image)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Caution; someone has decided to place a house next to Silent Auction house #3, and just below Silent Auction house #4, and to design and name it so it looks like it is another festival auction house:

This house and its auction is not affiliated with the rares festival. DO NOT give any items to anyone affiliated with this house.

If you are dropping off items for the silent auctions, the ONLY place to submit items is in the mailboxes in front of Traders Auction house #2.

Please note that space has nearly run out, even with the addition of the 2 extra silent auction houses, so get any last items in ASAP.

Thanks,
Brian

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It always amazes me how many people are willing to try and make a buck from a player run festival like this. Shameful. Anyone placing houses in the area that arent officially a part of rares fest should be boycotted for all of eternity. The funny thing is that they could sell everything in an actual rares fest vendor, or auction for free.... I wont point out names as its probably a violation of ToS but feel free to icq me for a list of which houses are or are not a part of fest.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they are running their own auction in that house. Aside from the possible implications regarding the house name i haven't noticed anything from the place requesting people's items or attempting to scam anyone. It was good for brian to be proactive about it and let people know ahead of time in case that was a possibility, but i see no wrongdoing on this person's part for putting up an auction house.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they are running their own auction in that house. Aside from the possible implications regarding the house name i haven't noticed anything from the place requesting people's items or attempting to scam anyone. It was good for brian to be proactive about it and let people know ahead of time in case that was a possibility, but i see no wrongdoing on this person's part for putting up an auction house.
usually, to ensure good sales for the main auction houses putting up private ones is frowned upon. however, with like 7 or 8 official auction houses already, yeah i dont really see the problem in more items at this point. different style of fest than im used to but to each their own.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Polaris75 to be fair, this happens every fest, and in real life collecting. i guess it comes down to if someone is happy what they got for an item and if someone think they can see further profit both parties are happy. Overall rares prices are down, with no shortage of items so if something is priced "high" theres usually something else thats very affordable.

I agree, the auction safes have changed the rares trade. But this may have been intention of the devs to make item trade more casual and accessable for people who dont use stratics or have extensive contacts to the established sellers. is what it is.

I know for the summer Jubilee, we intentionally create an area so that the focus is on the showcased items. but especially on non-atlc shards with housing spots open this isnt as easily done. in the end, at least it gives many a chance to sell their items, and let the market decide prices.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Yes, It is amazing How many people are trying to "Bully" This rare Fest!
We have people impersonating @Nails Warstein and few others Rare Collectors and bidding on Auctions
We have few other people posting on Bulletin Boards Childish Messages
We have people actually taking their times and buying packies horses and rename them trying to trash talk about other players, but this is funny bc by doing that this person dont realize that it is helping them to sell even more!!!!, so it is like a free advertise!!

Our House is located outside the "Prime Rare Fest Area" between Houses number 6 and 10 Right on front of @Scribbles Houses!!!!!
To Be safe that you are dealing with the right Person, Always check on ICQ 1st!!!, We dont Hide ourselves behind weird names, We use our Real ingame names @AtlanticRealtor and GG / Cytex.

Be Safe and Happy new Year!!!

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks, I did some minor thread clean up here. Let's avoid the general topic of discussing cash sales.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, It is amazing How many people are trying to "Bully" This rare Fest!
We have people impersonating @Nails Warstein and few others Rare Collectors and bidding on Auctions
We have few other people posting on Bulletin Boards Childish Messages
We have people actually taking their times and buying packies horses and rename them trying to trash talk about other players, but this is funny bc by doing that this person dont realize that it is helping them to sell even more!!!!, so it is like a free advertise!!

Our House is located outside the "Prime Rare Fest Area" between Houses number 6 and 10 Right on front of @Scribbles Houses!!!!!
To Be safe that you are dealing with the right Person, Always check on ICQ 1st!!!, We dont Hide ourselves behind weird names, We use our Real ingame names @AtlanticRealtor and GG / Cytex.

Be Safe and Happy new Year!!!
Everyone can do it fre.
I am the organizer of this festival, but I do not have authority to reject it.
We prepared a few months to secure the location and spent hundreds of dollars game time.
You still have a house in a place that hindered our setup at the stage we are not opening the place.
Therefore, we have moved the festival to another place.
And this is still before we release the place, but as soon as we move the place, you find a place and have a house again. I do not welcome your house place, but I will not refuse.

We have not revealed the location of the festival until just before. There are many reasons for that.
In consideration of everything pointed out here, we need to block the surrounding places
That's too much cost. Prepare for months and block the surroundings and may be like 1000 dollars at total cost

That is the image map I took. 
we do not allow that , do not alteration the image MAP and submit it here.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Personally I don't mind houses outside of the area of a fest. The main problem is, folks, wait til all the houses are actually in place. On every shard other than Atlantic, a spot is chosen that's essentially empty of houses. Once the fest houses are in place, then go ahead, surround it with houses, I don't care. But at this point, not only are we wasting money to pay for accounts to hold unneeded 7x7's to fill 'holes' and prevent them being turned into malls in the middle of a fest area, but:

...Pacific a few years back, someone ran in and placed a max storage to the NE of the central fest area, then another person placed a small directly on top of the "path" Mesanna had built...

...Europa, someone took one of the planned fest spots and tossed up an 18x18 to sell their own EM items...

...Izumo, I recall there being some problem house, though I don't recall quite where it was.

...Chessie, someone tossed a plot directly in the middle of the fest area, where the moongate was originally planned to go. (Just NW of the contest house). That's why the gate had to be moved so far off to the far edge on the W instead.

...Pacific, more recently, again with the smalls jammed into "holes" in the layout...

...which brings us to Sakura.

It's bad enough that someone always decides that tossing a harbinger on top of the vendor area is some great fun. But unless you've run a fest, you really have no idea the RL costs involved, the planning, the costs in gold, the general work and time invested. This is as it should be; a well planned fest should look effortless. But really, we make every possible means to sell stuff available. Noone needs their own house at a fest. If you chose to place one, at least wait until the fest has finished placing.

It's getting a bit silly just how many auction box houses and such are surrounding this festival - last I counted, there were something like 15 of them now. :p But I don't mind them... as long as they don't block the fest's planned layout, and more importantly, don't make every effort to look "official" and open the door to scamming, as in the case of the house I posted about way up top here.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are one of the people just looking to make a buck from a festival people have spent time and money creating. (The Whole point of The fest is SALE RARES)
I think some of us forgot the whole point of the rares fest is not to just sell rares. And yes, while its a lot of fun to make a few hundred mill or buy a few hundred mill of items, the fest is supposed to be about the community coming together. I know how hard these guys have worked to set up this festival and I just wish there was a little less bickering.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This thread has been cleaned up. If it has to be cleaned up again, thread bans and individual warnings will follow.

If you have a personal quarrel with someone, take it up with them in game, in PM, or in ICQ. The forums are not the place for airing personal grievances or attacking each other.

As with any Fest or trade, please be careful of who you are dealing with and if you aren't certain, verify.

On a personal note, I have co-hosted a Rares Fest myself. They are a lot of work, and for those paying for the extra housing accounts, a lot of money. It's a shame to see a trend of fest-crashing and opportunistic bad etiquette as Brian has described above. I suggest to those who knowingly place before the official placement is complete that throwing hurdles in the way of the people spending their own valuable time, gold, and real money into building a multi-shard community event discourages them and others from continuing to do so and harms your own future ability to "join" such endeavors.