• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cats in MMO's

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

See cats can fight people without being represented as pre-teen high pitched voiced japanese school girl things; while looking like cats. MMO makers unite and observe. There is a pretty large group of felines out there who want cats (both big and small cats) in our mmo's meow; without having to settle for some weird mixed animal/human thing.

Some examples of well represented cats include a part of Chrono Cross for the playstation, at some point you're on a pirate ship and your group gets turned into a bunch of cats. They look like cats.. not like let's say Lynx from the very same game. Or a Mithra from FFXI. And I'm not just saying include a polymorph spell like in Ultima where you can turn into a cat (which is pretty flippin cool anyhow). And naturally you wouldn't want a cat player character type in let's say Rifts cause cat's don't tend to look at things as factions.. we just want food and the admiration of people with.. you know. food. We are non aligned; or just more simply chaotic food seekers who want money, snuggling and you know.. food. Also we like babies as illustrated in the above video clip. So we don't fight with younguns but we may give em a slap if they start acting a dope on us meow. Anyhow another somewhat reasonable example of what I mean when having cat players in MMO's is Puss n' Boots from Shrek. I think the character there could serve as an idea for some. I dunno. Random rant Have a cinnamon roll and enjoy meow.