• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catching Up

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I left UO a little over a year ago, and I am thinking of returning. I miss my critters, and good old Britannia. So I'm wondering, what's new? What have I missed in the past year? I've been reading up on SA, so I am at least somewhat aware of what is going on with that. Has anything else newsworthy happened in the past year or so?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a couple of events that droped items.

As far as I know there has been no new worthy game changes.

Welcome back :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I'm not quite back yet. I'm in the middle of a massive upgrade. I've got two computers to build, and three to install os and software on, and then a website to build. I won't be back into it for a few weeks at any rate. I'm thinking maybe the start of November.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might want to stay on Top of SA and the Enhanced Client.

Mostly to the tune of how long you would have to get the Additional Stable Slots and the To Gargoyle Tokens. I thought They were saying a couple of weeks, but ....

Did Eve not turn out so well?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, EVE was fun. Right now I'm playing Darkfall, and that is fun. But taming in UO really was my thing, and I miss it. You don't realize how special UO is, in spite of all it's flaws and imperfections, until you try something else.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, EVE was fun. Right now I'm playing Darkfall, and that is fun. But taming in UO really was my thing, and I miss it. You don't realize how special UO is, in spite of all it's flaws and imperfections, until you try something else.
I understand :)

What brought me back from EQ was Taming and ... well my form of RPing a Companion of Pets. *Shrug* I am not their master, I am their chosen companion and need to earn their trust and respect as they do mine.

The other part is the dumbest part. I ... just like having a house that I can do the way I want with the things I want etc.

All in all it is just a biding of my time until the new and improved rethink of the MMORPG paradigm is on the table.

I looked at Eve and when it was all said and done, for me, it was just the same MMORPG paradigm as UO and all the rest but did not appear to offer either of the two things I mentioned earlier.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The other part is the dumbest part. I ... just like having a house that I can do the way I want with the things I want etc.
Nothing dumb about that at all. I had great fun setting up my inn, and I am looking forward to creating another. I'm just hoping I can get some space in my favourite location. I'm cautiously optimistic, but you never know.

UO's house building is the most interesting, fun MMO housing system I have ever seen. I've heard that SWG's housing was pretty terrific back in the day as well, but I never got that far in that game.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So I guess it is to late to ask ... "Can I have your stuff?" :)
I will never give my "stuff" away again when I take a break from UO. There was a lot of "stuff" that went to friends when I left, but anything that I felt had value, I kept. I'm happy to say I have thousands, quite literally, of gemstones waiting for me when I get back. :D

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you have no chance to get your Castle back? By Skara Brae?

Yeah I understand about the giving the stuff away, I sold my stuff and accounts for .... I think $2500US (+- $200US) as I was never coming back :thumbsup: The only thing I really miss about not being able to reactivate those 2 accounts (and I am sorely tempted to see if they are being used) is the Vet Rewards.

*Shrug* I was a total Pack rat when I originally played UO, when items and weights were free for all I had hundreds of bags full of Armour and as many bags full of Weapons etc. I may have had 10K each in Armor and Weapons. Plus a lot of total junk. Maybe 50 bags full of corpse loot that I intended to get back to the individual but just never got around to it.

This time around, I have 2 of the 18x18x3 with the extended storage that came with ML(?), I think between both accounts I have between 800 and 900 items with the majority of those items being Bows, Rings, Bracelets and .... tada Undone Treasure Maps :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll say where my favourite location is once I get back in and see if it is free or not... :)

But I've never owned a castle. I was a pretty advanced tamer, but I've never really been one of the establishment of the elite. I've always played for fun, and not for how much my account would be worth (that's not a shot at you by the way). The only things I've ever had that I considered to be truly valuable were my pets. I know when I left I had the best all round greater dragon I had ever seen.

But even with my pets. I never got that elusive blaze cu sidhe. I have one hell of a cu sidhe, but he's plain coloured, so even though he's got the best stats I've ever seen on a cu sidhe, he's probably not worth much. My rune beetle is pretty helacious, but he's situationally powerful, he isn't the best all round rune I've ever seen, I sold that one.

I guess that's what I'm looking forward to most when I get back. Improving my stable. And I'm really looking forward to imbuing as well.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I tamed dozens, literally, and I have a very nice one waiting for me when I get back. :)
Ah, in that case, you didn't miss anything much regarding pets :)

Btw, I'd always thought your avatar was a duck... heh

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I was getting tired of Magic: The Gathering, and the two dragons just don't suit each other, so one had to go. I honestly was thinking about doing that anyway, so don't think you killed the hatchling. Besides, this dragon matches my wedding ring... :)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was getting tired of Magic: The Gathering, and the two dragons just don't suit each other, so one had to go. I honestly was thinking about doing that anyway, so don't think you killed the hatchling. Besides, this dragon matches my wedding ring... :)
Ok, I feel less guilty now :D

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So do you play only Atlantic? If not, come join our Tamers on Baja.

An Sos
If that was directed at me, I actually play Cats. I started on Atlantic I think back in '97, then moved to Hokuto for a year or so after it opened (I didn't understand the net or how it worked back then), then I played Chessy for another year or two, left UO, came back and played Cats for two or three years.

I've got a few well developed characters on Cats and transferring them all isn't an option and the thought of starting over from scratch doesn't appeal to me either. But thanks for the invite. It seems to me that the taming community on Baja is pretty strong, if my memory serves me well.

E

Ellie Greymist

House Silvanus in Gilfane on Siege Perilous is also a guild of dedicated tamers.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
House Silvanus in Gilfane on Siege Perilous is also a guild of dedicated tamers.
I actually have a dear in game friend who loves SP. I have a couple of characters there. Not sure how far I've gone with the taming though. :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see ya again, Llewen!

ps: Listen to your in game friend. Siege is awesome. My tamer there is at bare-arse minimum for bake kits and has a blast.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just reactivated my accounts and upgraded. Figuring out how to set up my game board and getting used to the new client is the big challenge right now. Amazing how much you can forget in one year... :)

S

Sarphus

I've been playing DF too and enjoying it.

A UO buddy let me know SA released and I'm thinking of picking it up just on principle. I'm still having lots of fun in DF, but if that game were to close, I'd be back on UO in a heartbeat.