• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle/Keep Contest - Illegal Object?

Okies - sooo hours and hours now trying to figure out why the design won't commit. I keep getting "Illegal Object. House won't commit..." message.

I have invis'd on every floor - there is no orange tile whatsoever, anywhere. I erased all of my walls and replaced them on the off-chance that I may have selected or used that "secret door" that looks like a castle wall.

I erased elements, backed it up and then tried committing again to see if those elements were "illegal"..no go.

The only thing I can think of is it's the land spot I plunked the castle on - if I erase my stairs on the first level underneath them it reverts to grass (the actual grass in the game not my plot).

I'm at a loss. Help! I paged GM but not sure there are any on Test. Any suggestions what this illegal thing can be?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes the bannisters don't look orange but they really are. Did you delete all of them and see? One set fits ok by stair openings other not.

Anchwor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a plot in front within 5 tiles? Some of the exterior stair parts extend 1 1/2 tiles instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this twice today . Took most of my time today to try out what it could be. I deleted all bannisters after I red here. And it helped. It was nothing wrong with them really! Now im stuck again and there is no orange or anything suspect. Ive built alot in the past and it has never been like this. The craches can be a bless atleast I get logged out even if I cant get out of deco mode..:(

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Page a Gm, the man named Chernabog is awesome. So is River. I never met any others.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
River is a star for sure , not met anyone elsa for years. but can you cal lthem to TC? I still cant find anything wrong and i have removed and replaced stairs and everything I could think of.. so thanks , I will try!

Nerg, no plots in front just trees. I paged twice and it's two days later and no answer. I deleted all banisters, the stuff on roof...and walls. Anything that I thought -could - be an issue I deleted, then tried to commit - ruling things out one by one. I don;t think there's another plot open to try and re-do this somewhere else.

Please keep suggestions coming I'll keep trying them! :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if its because the submission date is up?
You know what BS are like with their timers....start late and finish early..

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yess! it was a bannister hidden behind a wall after all. Just 1 little piece that lost support from below when I removed the floor. I was so tired and out of ideas Petra had to navigate me trough it. Starting with reverting to last backup and go from there . I started with removing a floor out front as they had bannisters out . Removing bannisters and the floor on the edge was ok..then a bit further in I got the message about illegal object. Took a while to discover the darn little thing ..had to remove a wall to even see it. If it had been orange as all other pieces not supported.. it had saved me both time and headace. Big thanks to Petra!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is tough to see those. They barely look orange. :thumbup1:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thw one I found wasnt part of the bannister I placed , it looked more like I had been clumsy and dropped it there while I was doing the others. It happans to me often that i have a piece on the finger and it drops off not exactly where I wanted it.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if you click on the box to the left of each floor, a couple of times, you should be able to view it, without the walls...
usually you can find whats wrong with it then

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Commit one floor at a time as you build, it saves a lot of heartache sometimes.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I very well know about the left box and how to get the floor bare, but this was a wall piece just very very low and dissapear with the other walls. And all other pieces highlight in orange, just not this kind.
And Blackie is right but im not that structured. I like sketch the whole thing and then go back and test different things . Later I get a new idea how to improve.. Did plenty of buildings ower the years but this prob is new. Everything should get orange, or none should get orange, and thats why I post about it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of problems are arising due to the fact the "tool" is a bit hashed together, like others have said "just extend X and Y to suit castle size plot".
Now there are a lot of other little commands under the hud that go un-noticed that need more info, like illegal objects.....within the 18x18 it knows what to do because it has commands but outside of the 18x18 block....it's like "well I know its illegal but I don't have any other commands telling me what to do".
This has a knock on effect which normally ends in a crash, like a lot of the other issues, like the Char being "outside" the 18x18 block, the tool is not happy by this and CTD at times.
Basically it was hashed together by underfunded, over worked, despondent staff.
At this point i'm thinking like others that this is all a sham and the "winners" have already been chosen....and their castles don't contain Tree blockers....but they now have to make it look like the "community" was involved.