• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CASTLE IDOC ON CHESAPEAKE - FALLEN

T

TheGwy

CASTLE IDOC ON CHESAPEAKE

Located in Trammel Yew, Grove of Love
Coords: 11-36 N, 36-50 W

Hope to see you all there

FALLING THIS MORNING, SATURDAY MARCH 8TH
---------------
Was Alot of Fun, Lots of People, and from what I seen, decent Loot, Hope you all enjoyed yourselves

T

TheGwy

Not too sure, fell asleep hehe, but usualy turns idoc on Chesapeake around
3-4am

G

Yay! Saturday Surprise, hehe.

Thanks Gwy! *smiles*
Most of our IDOCs fall between 9 and 11 am.

G

Thanks GWY for a real event!!!! to span the uo boredom

Take note devs........

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

Located in Trammel Yew, Grove of Love

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes it a pretty lame event.

Standing around doing nothing for ages with 100 other people isn't fun.

G

If my daughter stilled played she would camp it for sure, being far older then her I am off to watch Saturday morning cartoons with my Grandson. At least he likes my company, spiderman cartoon is new today and I am taping it for play back with him when he is wearing his spiderman PJs.

G

Still its better than the 20 second valantine EM event that the devs mustered up...

We need content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Well, my client crashed about the time I was going for something....

But! I had a wonderful time, and even made a new friend. After the crash I did get a couple of things.

I hope everyone who attended had a good time regardless of the loot. Just getting to see a *castle* fall was exciting! *grins*

G

Missed it...lol

Gwy wasnt gating ....and ...i couldnt be assed to run to the grove...heheheee

But castle falls are awesome

Bring on Big fall day 2.....sometime this year!!!!!

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Well, my client crashed about the time I was going for something....

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here , I wish the dev's would look into this a little , this happens ALOT....

G

Somehow I'm not surprised that suddenly dumping piles of dynamic objects onto the ground while hoards of people charge in at once is a pretty good stress test for revealing bugs in the client

I arrived waaay late to visit, but did get to see a really upset blackrock-infected lich wndering around.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All this except the lamppost was in one white metal shipwreck chest that was the only thing that i got to grab.

G

i didnt even see any chests, someone placed instantly and it all went under the sign, it was unbelieveably laggy thanks to gwdion gating in everyone and posting here so that 30 people from other shards would come, i was too lagged to loot anything, wasnt much there though very few things i saw

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

only thing that i got to grab.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> only!!!
love that! </font>

G

You joke yes...did someone replace/replot a castle???? straight after the fall//// im guessing this feat would be impossible even on a smaller shard like chessy... just 1 water barrel would block it?????

G

LOL..... Get real Pink.....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Goes to take a piccy of his own bank box and house to try greif/waz peeps off /// LOL....

G

All I got was an artifact rarity 9 sword display which I gave to Littleblue who I spent most of the morning talking to while waiting around for the castle to finally fall.

If anything I at least had good company while wasting my morning lol.

It was interesting to see so many people from shards other than chessy on just to loot some junk. I was actually trying to grab anything that would help me start a char on that shard but the castle looked to be rather empty for the most part.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You joke yes...did someone replace/replot a castle???? straight after the fall//// im guessing this feat would be impossible even on a smaller shard like chessy... just 1 water barrel would block it?????

[/ QUOTE ]

chessy isnt a small shard sir

G

That's a sweet grab!!

Gwy was gating. In fact, I took his gates twice...once to check things out, and then again with my pack llama. I'm not sure how long he was there though.

Anyway, it was a good time. I would have liked to see more loot scattered about so that everyone could have had a chance to grab something.

I really like these swords, Doomsday. Whenever I finally build up my little Zento place, they will be a very nice addition! *smiles* The best fun was making a new friend, and just seeing all the Chessy residents, new and old, coming together at quick notice.

T

Time Keeper

no offense but i do not believe it is a very smart move at all to advertise a falling idoc much less a falling castle before it falls on any shard too many people are at these idocs as it is. if it was me was me i would have kept it a secret from anyone who is not a good uo friend besides that Chesapeake is my shard and i believe its one of the oldest and most populated shards in uo.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

no offense but i do not believe it is a very smart move at all to advertise a falling idoc much less a falling castle before it falls on any shard too many people are at these idocs as it is. if it was me was me i would have kept it a secret from anyone who is not a good uo friend besides that Chesapeake is my shard and i believe its one of the oldest and most populated shards in uo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gating allowed people there to witness how the SAME people always win the castles and the Luna City idocs and is a good thing in my opinion.

How do you like the fact that a guy whose home shard is Atlantic can come to YOUR shard and get ALL the best plots using every trick and exploit known in UO?
(And almost certainly at least one script for that ever so perfect placement of 3-4 small plots betwixt and between all those barrels).

Don't worry he will gladly sell it to you for lots of cold hard real life cash.

UO:Reality Check (cash only! no checks please!)

T

Time Keeper

i wouldnt know anything about that considering i only play one shard i hate scripting and cheating too i do not do that but i also do not like when every scripter from every shard to comes to an idoc on my shard that i wait at and they get 90 percent of the good stuff. when that happens i am lucky to walk away with one container with stuff last time i was at a idoc keep full of stuff i got 3 items because there where too many peeps and nothing that i got was that good. i dont have alot of gold i have less then a million gold right now i wasnt expecting to place that keep i tried but as soon as i failed once they placed all these tiny houses which is annoying but what can i do. i am not greedy i just wanted a bit more then i got. someone was casting gates costantly and more and more peeps kept comming before he did that there where 8 players total there including myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

not only do i keep idocs a secret ALWAYS but i dont show anyone friends or no one, nobody ever except me and my gf loot em, im not going to spend 4 hours checking every inch of tram to show someone that did nothing and doesnt deserve to be at the idoc a castle thats falling...

T

Time Keeper

i dont blame you if i show it to a close friend i only show it to one and usually only if i wont be home when its expected to fall. forget to mention if i show it to a friend i make them promise not to show anyone else.

G

I just love it when people get mad about others showing up at an IDOC like they and maybe a couple friends should be the only ones who get a chance to loot anything such greed...

IDOCs mean almost nothing to me other than the thrill of trying to snatch stuff out from under other people. I don't need any of it but when I get something good it's a nice bonus and fun competing at free stuff. I like opening chests and such because you never know what might be in them could be almost anything at all if it was in a players home.

But for the love of god people need to stop complaining because they didn't get to loot the entire house all by them selves. Sure complain about the scriptors and such all you want that I can understand but complaining because there are actually other people who play and want a shot at the loot to is just ridiculous. There is no such thing as a secret IDOC in uo if you found it chances are someone else has seen it also.

All I know is I had fun meeting someone new and talking all morning while I waited to grab at some random loot. It was fun just like it should be and I didn't give a damn what I got infact giving away the only thing I actually got to my new friend because I was only there to have fun above all.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll tell you all how Ra,,, err how the same person keeps getting the good Luna plots and Castles. Are you ready? I'll guarantee you that castle was gone from his client wayyyyyy before it actually fell for the rest of you. The only thing his program was looking at was the house sign.

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gating allowed people there to witness how the SAME people always win the castles and the Luna City idocs and is a good thing in my opinion.

How do you like the fact that a guy whose home shard is Atlantic can come to YOUR shard and get ALL the best plots using every trick and exploit known in UO?
(And almost certainly at least one script for that ever so perfect placement of 3-4 small plots betwixt and between all those barrels).

[/ QUOTE ]

Gating to Idocs used to be a bannable offense. And further more, Some are complaining about not getting anything ( grats if you did btw ) and that more stuff should be spread around, yet everyone who wants more stuff is happy to be gated to it along with 50 others. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

The more people you have there, the less you are going to get.

The guy that comes to every shard ( if it is the same one you are talking about) mainly does Luna falls, Oh yeah, and the falls that someone is kind enough to gate him to by spamming at the bank. Boy, there is another reason not to gate to idocs. You never know who you are going to get coming through the gates. So dont sit there and complain about it possibly being scripted if you enable that person to get there in the first place by gating.

Just because someone placed at a house fall doesnt mean it was scripted. You should know that, Paris. I am not saying that this guy didnt script because it has been proven, but you ASSUME that if a house goes up quick it was scripted. You couldnt be farther from the truth......again as usual

Gating only allows people wth questionable means to upset the honest players at idocs.

Do your own work, find the idocs and loot them. Dont rely on someone else's fortune to be "given" an idoc and then complain about it. Might have to start doing Chessy now too.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gating to Idocs used to be a bannable offense. And further more, Some are complaining about not getting anything ( grats if you did btw ) and that more stuff should be spread around, yet everyone who wants more stuff is happy to be gated to it along with 50 others. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

The more people you have there, the less you are going to get.

The guy that comes to every shard ( if it is the same one you are talking about) mainly does Luna falls, Oh yeah, and the falls that someone is kind enough to gate him to by spamming at the bank. Boy, there is another reason not to gate to idocs. You never know who you are going to get coming through the gates. So dont sit there and complain about it possibly being scripted if you enable that person to get there in the first place by gating.

Just because someone placed at a house fall doesnt mean it was scripted. You should know that, Paris. I am not saying that this guy didnt script because it has been proven, but you ASSUME that if a house goes up quick it was scripted. You couldnt be farther from the truth......again as usual

Gating only allows people wth questionable means to upset the honest players at idocs.

Do your own work, find the idocs and loot them. Dont rely on someone else's fortune to be "given" an idoc and then complain about it. Might have to start doing Chessy now too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't even there I was asleep. I dont even play Chessy why would I be there?

No clue who placed other than the usual barrelers with a website selling castles and luna city vendor houses.

I play Pacific and when I idoc I will gate IF I FEEL LIKE GATING.

Good enough?

I am not greedy and you can't make me be.

A

Africanus

GarthGrey: "I'll tell you all how Ra,,, err how the same person keeps getting the good Luna plots and Castles. Are you ready? I'll guarantee you that castle was gone from his client wayyyyyy before it actually fell for the rest of you. The only thing his program was looking at was the house sign. "

Bingo!!!!!

G

GarthGrey: "I'll tell you all how Ra,,, err how the same person keeps getting the good Luna plots and Castles. Are you ready? I'll guarantee you that castle was gone from his client wayyyyyy before it actually fell for the rest of you. The only thing his program was looking at was the house sign. "

Bingo!!!!!
---------------------

Kerching!!!!!

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, and be that also meanin' that any items inside also be "gone", so no lag from the booty suddenly appearin'?!?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote of the day!

Seriously if you get nothing from an IDOC have you lost anything? Oh yeah you sat there for so long well no one twisted your arm you chose to sit there and while you were sitting did you try to find players to talk to or things to do?

Things at IDOCs are free if you get something great if you don't who cares you got along without whatever it was before you will live without it. The only people who complain about "not getting anything" are the greedy ones. You want the stuff go earn it by playing the game instead of waiting around for someone who has done the works house to fall so you can snatch all their old loot without effort...

C

Connor_Graham

I've always wondered what kind of affect it would have on the economy if the IDOC system was to go away, and when a house fell that was it, it fell, and everything in it went *poof* with the house.

How much gold, resources, etc would leave the economy on a regular basis if they weren't being recycled back into it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've always wondered what kind of affect it would have on the economy if the IDOC system was to go away, and when a house fell that was it, it fell, and everything in it went *poof* with the house.

How much gold, resources, etc would leave the economy on a regular basis if they weren't being recycled back into it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is a great point!

T

TheGwy

------------

I think Castles should be enjoyed by ALL, not just a few, and if I see Castle/Keep Idocs on ANY shard, look for a post by me in uHall and that shard's board as well, I dont go there to place either, and all I got for loot was apreTrammel table, the ones that never decay when not locked down

I

imported_Cysphruo

hell i've made a few billion in gold doing idocs just within the past 2 years, i would have to agree though that doing away with idoc loot would have an interesting effect on the economy.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote of the day!

Seriously if you get nothing from an IDOC have you lost anything? Oh yeah you sat there for so long well no one twisted your arm you chose to sit there and while you were sitting did you try to find players to talk to or things to do?

Things at IDOCs are free if you get something great if you don't who cares you got along without whatever it was before you will live without it. The only people who complain about "not getting anything" are the greedy ones. You want the stuff go earn it by playing the game instead of waiting around for someone who has done the works house to fall so you can snatch all their old loot without effort...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid you misunderstood my post, which was a reply to someone else's post that people SHOULD NOT gate other people to idocs.

I DID gate people to idocs on Pacific, and got called plenty of names for doing it.

I do feel that people that call other people names for gating the whole shard to an idoc are doing so out of greed, and I do no understand them and I refuse to become one of them.

Hence my statement that you quoted above.

A

Africanus

"hell i've made a few billion in gold doing idocs just within the past 2 years, i would have to agree though that doing away with idoc loot would have an interesting effect on the economy. "

I have also made a few billion from idocs, but the effect on the economy wouldnt be all that big. Probably half the idocs in the game fall without a soul to pick them up. Even with someone there, I cringe at the thought of how many rares or major items have went poof simply because someone didn't know it was rare or valuable. It is in effect a massive gold sink as it is.

As for doing away with idocs, that would be a very bad idea. Why, because it is unique to UO, no other game has such a system that a vast number of people enjoy. Gold sinks have to be systems that appeases the interest of persons who are wealthy and poor alike and give reason for them to spend their money rather than horde it.

C

Connor_Graham

"I have also made a few billion from idocs"

That's just my point. Here's 2 billionaires just from the boards. How many other billionaires are there from this system? If all those billions hadn't been allowed to stay in game, what would the economy today look like with the reduced population? And what about all the resources that were preserved, and thus didn't have to be purchased from other players, or bought from NPC's?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's just my point. Here's 2 billionaires just from the boards. How many other billionaires are there from this system? If all those billions hadn't been allowed to stay in game, what would the economy today look like with the reduced population? And what about all the resources that were preserved, and thus didn't have to be purchased from other players, or bought from NPC's?

[/ QUOTE ]The billions were and are already in game. The items were sold to other players who already had the gold in the game to buy the items. The idocs are not houses with million dollar checks locked down to the rooftops.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have to agree with you Connor. Let idocs and ALL contents just poof.

If it happened like that we wouldn't be continually getting banned dupers houses falling full of duped high end items like those vine cord sandals with +4 to all resists.

How is it that they can catch and ban dupers and not remove bags of duped crap from their houses before they fall?

Shoddy work, Mythic GMs.

C

Connor_Graham

"The idocs are not houses with million dollar checks locked down to the rooftops. "

Actually, I've seen several times right here on the boards where people have pulled out 100's of millions in checks that had been stored at these houses, so again, if it's happened that many times right here, how many times has it happened with people that don't post on Stratics?