• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle Deco Idea Thread, Reborn!

A

Amathist of PoC

Faith that waterfall is breath taking honestly well done it is simply awesome. Best player created fountain/water feature I have seen.

L

Lady Red

Well I had always wanted a keep, ever since I watched my father play. I finally got one thanks to a good friend and well I was bored one day and started to play decorator. I'm not the best decorating person but I can play around with somethings. I'm located in Britain Trammel right outside of the mountain, I'm the first keep you'll ever see!! I hope you enjoy my little decorating ideas and I hope they can spark new ideas!

So here's my first floor.... As you walk in you'll see the red & Black room which is basically a sitting/living room.
You can see my little bedroom, my unfinished rune book library and the poor "money" room.... (I'm still working on that one)

you walk up the stairs into another hang out room. Thanks to Drakelord for supplying all of those Goza mats & the white cloth!!!
Along the Aisles are little storage units with various "old" rares & Quest items.
The ladder takes you up to the roof, guarded by my fathers statue. Judas of PAS (Or formerly Knights of Britannia)

Upstairs was a bit of a tricky idea, I used fishing nets (During the spring cleaning event I was trying to find all of these!) and tried to play with the grass effect, I always loved having a porch or atleast a nature looking part of the house. Thank you Brianna and PAS for supplying the fishnets!
The front two pillars are the two suits (Ranger & Demon bone)

This pillar was an idea sparked up by my father. He noticed I had too many bone storage containers and too many deeds for the evil items. He helped me lay out this little scary pillar (Thanks to the boxes that never come up) It's basically going to be stuck there until I get really sick of it.

And finally the "best" part of the house!!! A Hot tub, usually this was going to be a spot for partying, used in various parties. People usually come over and rush up to the hot tub and soak for a bit :]

I hope you enjoyed everything :] Anyone is more then welcome to stop by...

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my roof ~~ flowerbox on north side is how the Hearth of the Homefire chimney is covered up.... and I really, really want to be able to grow hedges!!
Looks like your wish came true! I was looking through the Castle Deco thread today for inspiration and laughed when I read that!

G

Gladius

Hi All,

I am posting pics on my idea Hedge castle deco (tips are welcome TIA), hope you all like it.

-G-

M

mutau

Can i use that bowling alley idea? I think it would be a good addition to the MAN CAVE idea i have going on for a friend.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sarsmi

do you have a piccy of the Q-Bert house u made when u visited us in Europa a few years back, that was THE most bizzare house i have ever seen in UO

X

Xaniya

OMG awsome pics !!!! just love this thread will post mine up when im done :)

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always look threw this thread and after all my years of playing UO i guess its time to add to it.
Front doors

Main room

Roof top Garden

Library

Bedroom one of my favorite places

The kitchen I also spend alot of time here

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hot tub it can get ooh so cold out in the snow.
also of the North pole, you cant forget about Santa lol

The Room of pain

Random loot from hunting

Alchemy

Fishing

The study along with another bedroom

Tailor room

Last the blacksmith along with servant quarters

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybdoy!

I am sure that my castle-decoration cannot compare to those awesome castles I have seen in this thread... But now that I am 90 percent ready with decorating, I wanted to share the results of my first try to decorate a castle (normally, I only use customized houses because I love customizing)... So, here we go: Drachenfels, Skara Brae Area, Felucca (for veterans: Britain X-Road):

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Roof Top:

Still alot of work to do... Waiting for some more banners and additional deco. But I think it is ready for moving in there now...

Have a good week!

Last edited:

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
and I thought I was the only one with that many corrupt tree heh ;o)

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the sea and beach is in and most of the wedding aisle now to do the rest of the roof garden the gaps looking down are going to be filled and made garden area sea and beach.png

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so finally finished beach.png beach.png roof 2.png just little bits like vines and pots to be put down and pavers

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is some of my deco, it not a 100% done but it getting there and there no pic of the roof cuz it just my mess pot lol fl 3.png fl 2.png fl 1.png

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
regular castle with stone added, on napa 32s by 36w.
updated can view anytime most boxes can view.

upload_2019-7-15_19-56-49.png

upload_2019-7-15_19-57-53.png

upload_2019-7-15_19-58-27.png

upload_2019-7-15_19-58-57.png

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The BoD Exchange Centre on the Drachenfels shard.
Location Trammel 27.56S 27.37W
I owe much gratitude to Mene Tekel who provided me with the starting idea. That must have been somewhere at the end of 2019 or the start of 2020. Now, most of it is ready.
For the decoration I mainly made use of the Artisan Festival rewards but I'm still leaving a bit of empty space for the future years.
1632066358975.png
Facade and entrance

1632066406244.png
Reception area with rune library for crafters + runes for Artisan Festival.
Inside to the left all tailor BoDs and on the right the blacksmith BoDs.

1632066521456.png
First floor with Carpentry, Fletching and Cooking BoDs. Also a dining area for when the crafters get hungry.
I still need to think of something to better present the planters outside.

1632066616435.png
Second floor with alchemy, inscription and tinkering.
Still need to think of something nice for the fountain outside.

1632066668210.png
Relaxation roof where the crafters can rest after their working day is over. My thanks to Petra Fyde who the "recipe" to create the water of the swimming pool.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, its half past midnight on a sat. night, and here i am, decoing...

addiction is awesome isnt it?

ok so, i wanted to get some comments on my deco in my castle. Also i'd like to see what other people have done! Lets share deco ideas!!!!!!!

ok here we go!

silly thing will only let me post five images :( more to come! oh wow, apparently my signaure counts as an image. ok four at a time, here we go.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but all the images have a photobucket logo across them which makes it hard to see the details.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here it’s just how they were uploaded I guess @Tori855

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Archnight

Epic. Well done my friend.

*crates up a case of Good Old Moonglow Red and sends it off to his old friends new keep prior to his arrival*

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Impressive, @Archnight!
One question. How do you create the floors with goza mats? Whenever I place two goza next to each other, I still see the border. Is this a different goza than the models in the tailoring menu?
Thanks in advance for your info!

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Impressive, @Archnight!
One question. How do you create the floors with goza mats? Whenever I place two goza next to each other, I still see the border. Is this a different goza than the models in the tailoring menu?
Thanks in advance for your info!
Yes you need to craft the correct goza. If I remember correctly it's the square goza, the one that doesnt say any direction (South/east).

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A question: how is possible to place custom wall pieces over existing walls, e.g., to raise the external walls of a Classic Castle or Keep?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use goza mats raise them up drop wall piece on them axe goza

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
gozas still work on those walls as well last time i tried

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
gozas still work on those walls as well last time i tried
Maybe my question has been unclear: how it is possible to place a Goza on, e.g., a North or West EXTERNAL Wall section if it hasn't a related Floor tile?

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 15-38-10 Castle Deco Idea Thread Reborn!.png

COOPERebc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did it the the other day.

Go to ground floor with circle of transparency on. Place goza right on/under edge till it goes. You might not be able to see where it goes or where you are clicking.

Once it places click the same spot until it is selected then raise up until it is visible through the wall and up to the desired height/level.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Did it the the other day.

Go to ground floor with circle of transparency on. Place goza right on/under edge till it goes. You might not be able to see where it goes or where you are clicking.

Once it places click the same spot until it is selected then raise up until it is visible through the wall and up to the desired height/level.
Thanks! I'll try this...:)

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
sometimes you have to go outside the house and place the craftable stone pavers, to get them to under the North and Western walls. Then go outside and ctrl-shift to see the paver, double click to lock, and then start raising all the way up. That's at least how I did with mine.

In CC I can't see the ground with Circle of transparency on, when I'm on the first floor of my castle. I need to be outside for that to work, and there you can't place gozas.

A tip is to do this before you really start doing any deco, as it can be a pain to target anything under the floors if the floors are filled with items.