• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Casting Issues

Konquer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm having an issue in the enhanced client where my character will auto cast on anything I have selected with the gold ring under it. Now this is a fresh install and I have changed absolutely nothing. My guildies also installed the EC at the exact same time. None of them have legacy targeting on and they don't have this issue when casting(I don't have it turned on either). I do not turn legacy casting on because when that option is on you don't seem to be able to make a mount macro. My guildies are able to click on someone and prime a spell and then target people. I on the other hand will instantly cast without ever even seeing my spell gump. Now granted this has been pretty awesome for duels but as far as holding spells or priming a spell while someone is in a house or around a corner or simply out of distance causes it to attempt to cast on the person giving the message "target cannot be seen" or something to that affect. Now I'm basically pulling my hair out as I've just uninstalled and reinstalled the EC and have literally gone through menu by menu, option by option with my guildies confirming that I do have the same exact set up as they do.

If someone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Have you right clicked the icons these buttons are mapped to and checked the target is "cursor" and not "current"?

Konquer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I actually figured it out last night, for some reason if I made an individual macro in the macro menu it wouldn't even give me the option to set the target via the right click context menu. HOWEVER I added a bunch of hotbars, put all my spells on them and was immediately given the option. Thanks for your help WhiteWitch!