• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

caster pvp

V

VazTheSpaz

My friend said that the necro ruind cast pvp. And that pvp mage needs necro is that true why? or is he wrong. His archer mage no longer worked cause he didnt have room cause he needed necro and spirit speak for his pvp build.

I

imported_GFY

There are still some good mages out there but if all things are equal a necro usually beats a mage.

I

imported_Spiritless

I run a nox mage, occasional scribe mage depending on which skills I switch out. The meta currently is heavily focused on necromancy for mages or just archers. It is difficult to play only mage-based characters now, sure.... and a mage will often struggle against characters with necro unless they're running chiv but there's still room for skillful mages in the field imo.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I disagree. Yes a necro has the advantage for a few things, but it is how you play your template that makes a win or lose result.

If you get strangled. Your first instinct is to either run or remove curse, eat an apple whatever. Regardless necromages expect you to run after a strangle that gives them time to cast a combo. There are other options. You can get off heals,cures, weaken, magic arrow,fireball,harm, poison between ticks not to mention your specials if you have any will always go off strangled or not. I go into dueling mode when strangled. 90% of the time I wouldn't be able to outrun them for one reason or the other.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A mage is still a very capable template and if that is where your interest is, then stick with it. Necro doesn't beat mage so don't feel the pressure to follow the crowd - good tactics and timing win. Get to know some dominant pure mages on your shard and see if they will practice with you and teach you some tricks.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then go see if those so called dominant "pure mages" can dominate the dominant Necro Mages..... I don't know any pure mage on ATL who can beat my Necro mage.

G

If you could only bless one thing what it would be for a necro mage?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

necro mage > pure mage, every single time. With that said, I play a scribe/wrestle, heh.

C

CheezWhiz

Nexed and Blackmage are right on, mabye just mabye if the necro you are fighting does not have a mage- weapon and is not chugging you can take him out. I used to play a nox mage a month ago before going scribe and would take out necromages that did not chug not too bad. If a necro mage chugs imo its the most powerfull temp in the game.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the latest necro mage temp always uses a mage wep... there just idiotic or not really a good pvper if they attempt to use a staff or something....

dci glasses
cyrstalline
aof
inquis
orny
crimson
quiver of infinity

Start with those peices then find yourself a -20 -23 mage wep sc no pen DCI and anything else is a plus... then basically what u need is to find 3 peices that add up to 25 lrc about 12 lmc and as much MR as possible with resist mostly in fire and poison with a lil phys and your all set.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep your right.... i forgot... the #'s i gave were the ones i was looking for (lrc wise at least) when i was looking for gorget and legs... the arms have 15 lrc 2 mr that im using sry bout that u need 40.

J

Jaimes

dexer > necro/mage > smart pure mage > warrior

or at least, I suck vs. dexers on my necro.

I

imported_GFY

If I know I'm going to fight a dexxer 1 vs 1, I put wrestling on my necro. No contest.

P

Pothoz

"then go see if those so called dominant "pure mages" can dominate the dominant Necro Mages"

i have a mate i use to visit from time to time and we play together.. he is a pure scribe-mage pvp'er and i never seen him loose may it be a dexxer or a necro/mage.. not in 1v1 atleast..

Then however he has played same char since -98 and has a extremly good suit.. but today i find many people seems to have extreme suits

P

Pothoz

"then go see if those so called dominant "pure mages" can dominate the dominant Necro Mages"

i have a mate i use to visit from time to time and we play together.. he is a pure scribe-mage pvp'er and i never seen him loose may it be a dexxer or a necro/mage.. not in 1v1 atleast..

Then however he has played same char since -98 and has a extremly good suit.. but today i find many people seems to have extreme suits

S

Salem de Monfort

<blockquote><hr>

A mage is still a very capable template and if that is where your interest is, then stick with it. Necro doesn't beat mage so don't feel the pressure to follow the crowd - good tactics and timing win. Get to know some dominant pure mages on your shard and see if they will practice with you and teach you some tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, without elaboration.

The best pvpers in the game are still magers.

Save your skills for the pure mage template, set your macros right, and move your character right in the game. Choose your targets, don't let them choose you. Also, make sure you puter is up and running at over 2.66 Ghz, 3 GB's RAM, and a decent video card like an 8800 GT or such. Then watch how the world changes, and the flowers bloom over the dead.