• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Cartel Celebrity Death Auction

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a PvP event!

Date: Sept. 16th, 2010

Time: 5:00 PM PST

Hostess: Proserpina

Howdy folks,

Ever seen all the trash talk in the General channel and wanted a shot at those names? Here's your chance!

Rules are simple:

1. Each celeb can have 7 bids; the top 7 bids will win. Any bid is acceptable. Bids will be handled and organized on Stratics. Any single individual may bid on more than one celebrity. Bid winners may show up on any character. Celebs can bid on themselves and can also bid on other celebs. Celebs who bid on themselves will not be counted in the 7 top bids.

2. On the day of the event, all 7 top bidders will have 7 minutes to kill the celeb at the same time (7 v 1). The celeb cannot hide/stealth, leave Cartel Island, go into a house or kill him/herself. Dismounts, tamers, heal stones and pots are all OK. The celebrity can fight back. Bidders may not attack each other.

3. The bidder who gets the killshot, confirmed by having the celeb in party with a neutral, will win the pot.

4. If the celeb is alive after 7 minutes, the celeb wins the pot and keeps the gold from the bids.

5. Audience may not interfere with the chase. Audience members may not be attacked. Only one celebrity gank is conducted at a time.

6. This is a PvP event. Dress accordingly.

And that's it.

Confirmed Celebrities:

1. Soulless - $C$ - 60k (CryptisRavenous), 25k (Jeff.)

2. Twista - $C$ - 20k (SK), 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

3. Turtle - GSE - 60k (CryptisRavenous), 100k (SpiderBall81), 25k (Emosocial)

4. Balljoint - $C$ - 60k (CryptisRavenous), 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

5. SuperKen - $C$ - 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

6. LoL Eat the Dirt - SI -

7. Ayassa - SI - 500k (BrigSI), 100k (SpiderBall81), 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

8. Yourself - K^R - 1mil (Ayassa), 20k (SK), 250k (Lt. Snuggles), 100k (SpiderBall81), 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

10. lil Debi - M!S - 50k (ShockerBleedsKR), 25k (Jeff.), 25k (Emosocial)

More celebrities to follow. Contact me if you would like to put yourself up for auction.

Any questions, comments? Ask here.

Let the bidding begin =]

S

ShockerBleedsKR

its going to be really hard not hitting my smokebomb macro when im redlined. lol

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo! I'm hostess! Yay!

Does that mean I can't bid on Yourself? Aww, drat.

S

ShockerBleedsKR

by the way where is this cartel island at? is it the one called horse shoe island that you pretend is cartel island? :eek:snap:

S

Sephiroth_BTH

can i play i dont need 6 other people to kill twista

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's held after 6:00PM Server time, or on a weekend, I'll go up on the auction block. Although, I should perhaps request that I be allowed to win the pot after 7 seconds than 7 minutes. :)

S

Slugs hate Mongbats

I'd happily offer up my services (and a death robe) if not for the "celebrity" thing :gee: I sooo much prefer remaining an anonymous nobody :lol: (Besides I'd be hard pressed to match Brytt's 7 seconds)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added you Six.

I hadn't considered it, but bidding on yourself just makes the pot bigger for others to want to get the killshot. That's fine.

C

Capt.E

100k airhaun, 100k lt snuggles, 100k yourself, 100k SK, 100k six, 100k aya

ps its tweedle dee not tweedle dum, i havent seen dum on in awhile

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fixed, sorry about that.

I was kinda hoping no one would bid on me =[

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added you Six.

I hadn't considered it, but bidding on yourself just makes the pot bigger for others to want to get the killshot. That's fine.
got to make it fun bro, everyone hates me anyways so lets see the 7 peeps kill muah

S

ShockerBleedsKR

im bidding 600k on abigar. :heart: and for the record its K^R not K*R :)

S

ShockerBleedsKR

ill put 50k on debi... muahahha

any news on if it will be before thanksgiving? lol

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'celebrities' ... really ?

nobody cares lol no offense to all you 'celebrities.'

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time and Date finally posted!

Date: Sept. 16th, 2010

Time: 5:00 PM PST

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SK icq me day before make sure im home, working commuting alot right now. i dont have six here but DKong is.. just dont want to forget..

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, gotcha Six.

New entrant - The highly popular LoL Eat the Dirt has joined us; bids have been reset (even those who bid a number on "everyone") at his request.

G

Give'R The Onion

I may have to make an appearance for this, sounds interesting.

M

MasterP

Please please please.....Take lots of screenshots...I GOT TO WORK :(

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, this is tonight. I hope everyone has their bids (checks and so on) ready.

J

Jeff.

Airhorn is no longer with us. Please remove his bids from the manuscript.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to fix the list now.

Meanwhile, Duchess Wildstar of DWN has graciously donated 10k for every bid. Thanks Wildstar and DWN!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone who came out to the event!

I'm sure there were some kinks to work out, but overall, I believe it was fun for everyone.

Now we have to organize a celebrity roast for someone on Baja.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you SK and Cartel for the event was as fun to watch :popcorn: as it was to run :gee: I had a great time. :thumbup1:

And Charlie .....all I can say is WOW

I

IvanH20

Thank you SK and Cartel for the event was as fun to watch :popcorn: as it was to run :gee: I had a great time. :thumbup1:

And Charlie .....all I can say is WOW
Thanks debi :) I almost made the timer lol. Ironically got ganked by my own teammates lol.