• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cart glasses

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can anyone tell me the correct info on which t map chests, types give the cart glasses. ty for responses.
also are there any pictures on all the stuff yet? thanks again

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive done 15 supply maps with GM cart and 2500 luck and havnt seen any yet.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
done over 100 supply , is why I posted. thought I missed something lol
No it's just good ol' RNG. Went a good 50 maps without any, then got two in a row with a third two chests later, now i'm back to a long streak of none.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
question is..... are people using old relabeled maps or new fresh off monster maps......

(and the black helicopters circle!)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats is the benefit of the carto glasses anyway? I mean what do we achieve with a couple of extrapoints in carto?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did 83 Supply maps and only got 2 pair of Mapmaker's Glasses........one was +1 and one was +2. The Gargoyle glasses are on the left and human glasses on right.

Mapmaker's glasses.jpg

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats is the benefit of the carto glasses anyway? I mean what do we achieve with a couple of extrapoints in carto?
Yeah and is there a benefit swapping a luck against a skill part. Glasses means head slot?
BTW I own a cartho talisman.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive done about 300 maps and have recieved 6 or 7 pair of +11s among countless others. My question is when they fix the +11s, what will they become. I hope its not random and they go to +5s.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah and is there a benefit swapping a luck against a skill part. Glasses means head slot?
BTW I own a cartho talisman.
I've asked a similar question a couple times throughout testing plus again after the release. Likely needs to be tested but can't be tested until the fix the stacking of the glasses on 100 Carto. Based on the notes I've read, it seems like cartography (and being over 100) will only possibly help for dig radius (maybe get an extra tile from +5) and chest quality (rusty/metal/gold). I'm not sure how much +5 carto will help move the needle with chest quality though... Might only get ya another couple percentage points likely (but I guess every point helps right?!).

That said, I've been doing several different levels of chests to test drop rates etc and have messed around with total luck slightly and from my testing it's very hard to actually see a noticeable difference. So far I have really only done extensive testing on the Stash/Supply/Cache chest as I work my way up. What I can tell you is that in game luck has absolutely zero to do with the amount of drops in a chest (I've gotten mysterious fragments while having 150 luck, 2500 luck, and 3500 luck) as I haven't received more drops consistently from using higher luck. I typically use my luck suit but when I was testing some luck theories (and wasn't using a luck suit) I actually got a pair of carto glasses. So I don't think luck will even impact which drops you get. I really think the drops is purely RNG.
I've had a legendary item I've kept from a rusty cache chest (and I've had drops in the rusty cache chests) and I've had no drops + absolute junk in a gold cache chest all while using the same luck. I've done a lot of supply level chests while training remove trap (2500 luck suit which I'd bump to 3500 just for fun) and there has been absolutely zero magic items I've kept in about 100 chests.

My personal opinion is that you might as well use the glasses if you get a +5 pair but I wouldn't pay much for them (or even swap them out if I had a good piece of headgear) because they aren't really a game changer.

@Maldar - How did you get the gargoyle glasses? Did you use a garg hunter or dig them up in Ter Mur? I only ask because I'd actually like to avoid getting garg glasses since my hunter is human and my luck is that I'll get a +5 pair of garg glasses and not be able to use them lol.

Ive done about 300 maps and have recieved 6 or 7 pair of +11s among countless others
@TheGrimReefer Are you getting all of these only at certain times or certain maps or certain luck? What shard do you play? I'm only asking because I've done 100 or so supply chests and I've gotten 4 pairs that have all been +1 or +2. To get 6 or 7 pairs all around +11 seems like you have to be doing something special to get them... I'm with you in hoping that when they change the mods they just cap them at +5 which is why I want to do whatever you are doing so I can get a +5 pair to test. Thanks!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing Supply maps of all sorts. Havent event started on the other 2 lockers I have of maps. As for luck, doesnt seem to matter. I have received glasses with no luck (not +11 but +1 and +2) up to 3K+ luck with Fel maps. I have yet to receive any glasses with +4, +6-+10 (seems +1, +2, +3, +5 and+11 only) so Im assuming the +11s are supose to be +5s.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been doing Supply maps of all sorts. Havent event started on the other 2 lockers I have of maps. As for luck, doesnt seem to matter. I have received glasses with no luck (not +11 but +1 and +2) up to 3K+ luck with Fel maps. I have yet to receive any glasses with +4, +6-+10 (seems +1, +2, +3, +5 and+11 only) so Im assuming the +11s are supose to be +5s.
There are +4 and +7, but the fact you haven't gotten any is interesting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have never met a Gargish T-Hunter but I do think it's nice they finally remembered that Gargoyles are in the game and included them in something...

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Maldar - How did you get the gargoyle glasses? Did you use a garg hunter or dig them up in Ter Mur? I only ask because I'd actually like to avoid getting garg glasses since my hunter is human and my luck is that I'll get a +5 pair of garg glasses and not be able to use them lol.
I was using a Gargoyle T-hunter. I don't recall what facet I was on but, yes, I have done a few maps in Ter Mur, so that could be where they came from. I'll pay better attention and write this stuff down. lol. Oddly, though, my Gargoyle T-hunter also got two pair of human glasses.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far about 60 maps, 2 glasses - a +1 and a +4. There were over 40 maps between the two pair.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was using a Gargoyle T-hunter. I don't recall what facet I was on but, yes, I have done a few maps in Ter Mur, so that could be where they came from. I'll pay better attention and write this stuff down. lol. Oddly, though, my Gargoyle T-hunter also got two pair of human glasses.
I think the gargoyle drops are related to the area you're digging (ter mur especially) rather than your character