• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Carpet Quest

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Can anyone tell me how to buy the carpets in SA?
I have SA Expansion, have done the quest given by the Weaver Laifem (on top of Tailor Shop). Received the message I can now buy the carpet pieces but every time I click on her the buy and sell buttons are not lit up. If I double click on her I get the message I have nothing for you. Do you have to buy them from another NPC or is this not available on Siege?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have SA Expansion, have done the quest given by the Weaver Laifem (on top of Tailor Shop). Received the message I can now buy the carpet pieces but every time I click on her the buy and sell buttons are not lit up. If I double click on her I get the message I have nothing for you. Do you have to buy them from another NPC or is this not available on Siege?
i did the quest but it was long ago....try UOguide....i am almost certain thats where i got the info for the quest

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, that is where I got the info from. Nothing was said about Siege being different. Did quest fine. Just won't let me buy carpet squares and I am using same character I did the quest with.

Vama Marga

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just completed the quest a couple days ago. If I'm not mistaken, the NPC is still on the roof. you have to teleport up there in order to double click her properly. I couldn't get the carpet tiles to come up from clicking her below in the weaving shop. Hope that helps.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there multiple npcs in the shop? I know "guildmaster" npcs don't sell stuff, so maybe try one of the others in the shop if there are any. It was pretty straight forward as I recall though. You do get them from the same shop as the quest anyway, I know that.

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks I will try the teleport thing. Have not yet found a spot that will let me do it. Keeps saying you can't see the location. However, MoonBeam is determined to get carpet for her house so will keep trying. LOL

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Finally found a spot to teleport from. Works now I am on the roof. Thanks all for info.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there multiple npcs in the shop? I know "guildmaster" npcs don't sell stuff, so maybe try one of the others in the shop if there are any. It was pretty straight forward as I recall though. You do get them from the same shop as the quest anyway, I know that.
Yeah, it's just one NPC that sells the carpet pieces. I have *no* idea why they put her up on the roof where it's hard for people to get to her. That happened not too long ago. Perhaps we should ask them to change that?

Also, in case any did not know, those carpet pieces can be dyed with the special dye tub. I think they can be dyed with the regular tub as well, but the color seem to come out *much* better using the special tub. And if you don't like the color you can use the "default" setting on the special tub to take them back to their original color. That makes it very easy to dye a stack, use what you need, then later take any 'extra' pieces back to default so they can be stacked and stored in a box somewhere. Some of the patterns seem to dye better than other patterns - a little experimentation will quickly show you which patterns take the color best.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it's just one NPC that sells the carpet pieces. I have *no* idea why they put her up on the roof where it's hard for people to get to her. That happened not too long ago. Perhaps we should ask them to change that?

Also, in case any did not know, those carpet pieces can be dyed with the special dye tub. I think they can be dyed with the regular tub as well, but the color seem to come out *much* better using the special tub. And if you don't like the color you can use the "default" setting on the special tub to take them back to their original color. That makes it very easy to dye a stack, use what you need, then later take any 'extra' pieces back to default so they can be stacked and stored in a box somewhere. Some of the patterns seem to dye better than other patterns - a little experimentation will quickly show you which patterns take the color best.
I'm sure its just a bug causing her to be up there.

I did not know that you could dye the rugs! Thanks for the info!