• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Careful say 'Claim' at stable! (Bug)

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did on siege, I got my shadow wyrm and my frost dragon for a split secon...then my shadow wyrm was gone.

Dont show up in followers - no longer in stable. It just vanished... glad it was that tho, not the frost...but never the less... I relogged, its still no where to be found.

Heads up

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah if you just say Claim it will attempt to pull every pet you have out of the stables....it's not fun lol.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It pulled my shadow wyrm and my frost dragon, shadow wyrm dissapeared after a split secon...is no where to be found.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you log out and back in and check your claim list again?
First thing I did...
But I also saw the shadow wyrm, then my frost dragon as the shadow wyrm dissapeared...its all gone. No where, not stable not followers.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Saying "claim <name of pet>" will pull only that one from the stables and avoid this. But saying just "claim" should not cause the loss of pets ... it should stop when character slots cannot hold more.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But saying just "claim" should not cause the loss of pets ... it should stop when character slots cannot hold more.
This is how it has always worked in the past... hopefully they take it back to that pretty quick.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try going to stable and saying "claim <name of Shadow Wyrm>" and see if it pops back out of the glitch.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also lost a pet recently a Cu that I had for years. It died and disappeared as if it was not bonded - slot count disappeared too. I actually can prove that it was bonded since I copied the character to TC right before that and it's still there. But, ofc, GMs do not return lost items. These disappearances just scare me, because they are seemingly random and potentially can happen to a very valuable pet.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got in the habit many years ago to say "claim a" at the stable and never name a pet "a". That way it always just pulls up a list for me of my stabled pets to choose from.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the main reason you should do TC1 fully... and I do mean every step.
This is just one thing of many small steps in taming and test that should be a no brainer.
Don't always assume every mondaine step we do will be working ... this was a big change to old code.
Even the simple steps we do in game can go wrong... once a change of this size goes in.
While I do agree the command : claim is rather vague in its parameters of what is being requested.

For a time when the game first started there was little to worry about in the stable request of this type.
Now that being said, the number of changes to what can be tamed and kept is a whole different kettle of fish!
The biggest is the limit of what can be outside the stable. Remember a few years back we didn't have any limit of the numbers of pets we could run.
So this command was no big deal. Now though this should have been addressed by some of you in TC1...

Dev also should have thought of it when they were looking at stable issues.
But I give them a bone as this was a huge undertaking and well liked publish.
Send in a bug report.. give examples and explain the issue to its fullest. don't add in personal feelings.. short and to the point will get the issue looked at.

I would like the command modified to open the menu only. Stopping any impending loss curbed.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got in the habit many years ago to say "claim a" at the stable and never name a pet "a". That way it always just pulls up a list for me of my stabled pets to choose from.
I've done it for years myself. Never failed to get the list of pets to choose from (although I did have a few pack horses for IDOCs, named A B C D E. Got rid of them though.)

Try going to stable and saying "claim <name of Shadow Wyrm>" and see if it pops back out of the glitch.
Only works if your pet has a one word name, i.e. "Claim Nightmare"