• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Career Planning

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The crowd had thinned out by the time he arrived. Pulling the hood of his cloak down to conceal his face he made his way to a table at the back of the Tavern.

“Are you… ” he began before he was interrupted.

“Sit down, child.” The old woman’s voice was soft-but not weak. It sounded as if every word disappeared into vapor as soon as it escaped her lips. And, he thought, it reminded him of something.

He focused as she continued, “Do you have the agreed-upon payment?”

The man reached into his pack and pulled out a rolled scroll. “Yes.”

She stretched out a wrinkled hand and took the offering. Murmuring something that the man couldn't understand she smiled, “This will do. Were you able to determine the location?”

He hesitated for a moment. His normally arrogant demeanor was fading in her presence and it angered him, “As far as I know, he's in Skara Brae.”

“Very well, my Lord.” she said, “It shall be done.” Her expression making it clear that their meeting was over.

Death, he thought as he made his way out, that's what her voice reminded him of.

Last edited:

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The shimmering blue gate opened beside her as soon as Governor Okami left the small hut. She stepped through and found herself in a small clearing surrounded by several veiled figures. Turning to one, a woman in dark armor, she spoke, "You did well tonight, child."

The woman she addressed smiled beneath her face covering and gave a silent nod. The old woman continued, her voice soft but heard clearly on this quiet night, "But now our true work begins."

Those gathered around her began to leave, one by one. Each knowing their individual tasks. Each aware of the importance of their own role, no matter how small. One veiled assassin remained behind. With a loving look, the old woman turned to face her. "You, my child, will complete our contract. Are you ready?"

The woman gave a quick nod and, to add emphasis, pulled a wicked kryss from the sheath at her side and spun it in a graceful arc around her. She breathed deeply, taking in the alluring scent of poison coating its sharpened edge, and answered, "I'm ready, Mother."