• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] card for the client's classic

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon, not so long ago started playing for treasure hunting, faced such problem - I without problems on the card which is built in in game find a treasure place in the 3D client but how to make it in the classic the client, what third-party program is suitable for finding of a treasure on coordinates - latitude and longitude? Thanks

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can use a Davie's Locker which holds treasure maps and sos. Once dropped inside it, it gives the coordinates. You can then use a mapping program Automap, Cartographer, Ultima Mapper, to find the location to dig. I hope this helps. http://www.uoguide.com/Davies'_Locker

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, thanks, this that that is necessary, I use Davie's Locker, through it and I learn card coordinates, tried Ultima Mapper, but this program most likely incorrectly works, it shows the wrong place of a point on coordinates - latitudes and longitudes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In the classic client, you can use a sextant to get your latitude or longitude.

There is also the command "-where" . I'm not sure if it's innate in the classic client or a command within UOAssist. It will give you your latitude and longitude without needing a sextant. I use -where when I do my maps, after getting the rough coordinates from my Davie's Locker.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prompt please and how it is correct to enter this command "-where"? it should be entered simply in game, and to click Enter? And she will write coordinates of that place where you are?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"-where" is a UOAssist command, it is not innate to the classic client. While logged in with UOAssist simply type "-where" (without the quotes) into the chat line and press enter. UOAssist will output to the screen both your x/y coordinates as well as your latitude/longitude.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it's not, but I've been told there are other, easier, means to get the info in the EC - though that might be the result of a UI component. For that matter, you might be able to set up a macro to do it for you in the EC using a sextant.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC mini map has a read out of your exact coords which updates real time as you move. Very handy for T-maps and SoS. :pirate: