• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cap LRC suits at 60% max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an idea, but it seems with 100% lrc suits, you have really cut down on the risk in the game. Not that this would bring whole sale change, but it's something.

Oh, and the 60% is just a random number I came up with...just cap the suits below 100%...imo...la

B

BloodstoneGL

Why stop there? Let's just get rid of LRC all together..as well as...
SDI
MR
LMC
FC
FCR
HCI
DI
DCI
and any other stupid addition that came with or after AoS.

O

Old Man of UO

I think it should be even lower, say 40% cap.

But there should also be other caps, like a skill check for stealing against another player, rather than 100% chance of success at 120 stealing skill... sort of like the skill check for stealth and detect hidden.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But there should also be other caps, like a skill check for stealing against another player, rather than 100% chance of success at 120 stealing skill... sort of like the skill check for stealth and detect hidden.
Maybe you should play a thief more. There is no 100% chance to steal from a player at 120 stealing skill. Nice try though...la

O

Old Man of UO

SDI
MR
LMC
FC
FCR
HCI
DI
DCI
I think they are all okay to have, just not as effective as they are now. It would be nigh impossible to get rid of all of them, but easier to make adjustments to those.

O

Old Man of UO

Maybe you should play a thief more. There is no 100% chance to steal from a player at 120 stealing skill. Nice try though...la
Okay, you may be right... But, I do play a thief, just haven't stolen from a fellow player in several years. And I forgot how that worked.

What is the chance then?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SDI
MR
LMC
FC
FCR
HCI
DI
DCI
I'd be ok with that, but do you honestly think that would happen? Besides, those other items you listed do have caps. I'm curious why they didn't include a cap for lrc below 100...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, you may be right... But, I do play a thief, just haven't stolen from a fellow player in several years. And I forgot how that worked.

What is the chance then?
There is no set chance...it is all dependant on a number of different factors...la

C

Connor_Graham

No.

And if you have any more stupid ideas that would accomplish nothing but making people quit, please keep them to yourself.

M

Millie

How do you fig no risk? I can be killed and lose my lrc stuff that is worth a whole lot more then Reg. I cost a lot to replace it. If I killed by a player he gets Insurance money for my armor but he wouldn't for my Regs. It is not like it give my mage any more of an advantage than any of the other buffers offered.

K

Kratos Aurion

Another alternative.

Keep LRC at 100%. Remove LRC from the crafted-items properties. Only allow LRC to spawn off creatures with absolutely no MODS with the exception of "mage armor"

So all LRC armor would become modless and serve its original purpose.. A training luxury.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.

And if you have any more stupid ideas that would accomplish nothing but making people quit, please keep them to yourself.
So this would make people quit? The ability for players vendors to add some additional profit by making regs a valuble asset again? Sheesh, you are a bit touchy this morning. Have a cup of joe...la

K

Kratos Aurion

How do you fig no risk? I can be killed and lose my lrc stuff that is worth a whole lot more then Reg. I cost a lot to replace it. If I killed by a player he gets Insurance money for my armor but he wouldn't for my Regs. It is not like it give my mage any more of an advantage than any of the other buffers offered.
Unless you execute an "inusarnce bug" I don't figure how you see that happening. Most people won't even wander fel with less than 200k in there bank if they figure what they're wearing is valuble enough to be worth the risk.

O

Old Man of UO

There is no set chance...it is all dependant on a number of different factors...la
So, you are saying you don't know what those "dependant" [sic] factors are? There IS a range of chance to succeed, and it is pretty high overall. Just wondering what they are and how it works... if you don't know what it is, that is okay, too.

C

Coyt

might aswell cap it at 1% then, or even remove it completly
i find lrc useless unless its at 100% (arcane cloth might make it possible but still need to be replaced)
and if its capped, you should make tith points physical(lootable/stealable)
also make quivers drop their arrows in the corpse

M

Millie

Nah then a thief could steal my regs... la
That' s just it. With out Lrc, a good thief can stealth up to you and steal your regs with out you even knowing. It would give people like Rico 100 % of an advantage. And honestly that is the only reason this stuff brought up. Trying to nerf someone else, to give the Thief the upper hand.

And I don't buy the "One word..."Insurance"...la" crap. Most make a lot off money off insurance. It's your choice to play a shard that does not offer it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah then a thief could steal my regs... la
That' s just it. With out Lrc, a good thief can stealth up to you and steal your regs with out you even knowing. It would give people like Rico 100 % of an advantage. And honestly that is the only reason this stuff brought up. Trying to nerf someone else, to give the Thief the upper hand.
If a thief tries to steal your regs, if you knew how to protect yourself, you wouldn't have to worry about them. And then again, you could also try to kill the thief before they got away with your regs.

I really wish people would learn how to use the game mechanics to protect themselves instead of playing the rube who can't...it's not that tough...la

C

Connor_Graham

So this would make people quit? The ability for players vendors to add some additional profit by making regs a valuble asset again?
It has nothing to do with selling regs on vendors and everything to do with destroying the most expensive suits in the game. This change would affect multiple templates in an extremely negative way.

And sorry, but Joe doesn't live here. You might want a cup of him, but I'll pass and wait for Jane. :lick:

K

Kratos Aurion

and the recall miners
There probably isn't a single change the developers could make that wouldn't alternatively benefit scripters. So you win some you lose some. Thats a whole different matter that could be settled by taking action against all reported/confirmed scripters.

M

Millie

What I truly wish Is that they would put a cap on trouble making :stir:mouths.

B

BloodstoneGL

And I don't buy the "One word..."Insurance"...la" crap. Most make a lot of money of insurance. It's your choice to play a shard that does not offer it.
All you have to do is make small stacks of each reg so that if they steal your pearl they dont get all your pearl. Not so hard now is it?

N

Noobish Noob

I can't imagine trying to do champ spawns without a 100% LRC suit. Die once and let the ratmen loot all my reagents is not my cup of tea. This seems more like a post stating... "Please let thieves steal even more". 100% LRC suits are as much a part of the game now as insurance. Why bother talking about utilizing other game mechancs when there is no need to. A thief is one of the few templates in game that you can basically do sucessfully naked if you wish...no reagents, no armor, no jewels. Add in Ninja skill and a few smoke bombs for fun if you want to. Granted you may not live long but maybe you should consider nerfing yourself instead other players enjoying the game. Just my to La's.

H

Heartseeker

Forget it.

The only way it would wash, is with the removal of insurance.

I don't want my regs stolen, unless I can disarm them and steal their weapon.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about Ninja, Bushido, Chiv, Spellweaving........ which dont require any regs?

Why only punish mages and necros.

If anything they need to make it so warriors/archers are not constantly losing their band aids.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an idea, but it seems with 100% lrc suits, you have really cut down on the risk in the game. Not that this would bring whole sale change, but it's something.

Oh, and the 60% is just a random number I came up with...just cap the suits below 100%...imo...la
Let me guess...you want something else to...
steal?

:yell:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems more like a post stating... "Please let thieves steal even more".
Then you would be incorrect...la
Which in turn would make you a big big poo poo fibber! Quit being such a lazy thief and play the game as intended. If not, I am sure there are plently of pre pub 16 freeshards out there with your name on it.

Rico: I cant steal it!
Guy: of course you cant steal it, its a house!
Rico: Make it stealable!
Guy: sorry, but you would have no means to transport such an item.
Rico: No fair! Change the rulez!
Guy: *shrugs*

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SDI
MR
LMC
FC
FCR
HCI
DI
DCI
Amen. All the crap from AOS turned my experience in UO from a cool "virtual world" to just another "game".

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Yes.

Get rid of 100% LRC. 60% sounds good to me...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this would make people quit? The ability for players vendors to add some additional profit by making regs a valuble asset again? Sheesh, you are a bit touchy this morning. Have a cup of joe...la
Ya so 4+ hours of camping a vendor just to play one hour of game? hell no. Nothing worse than having to spend countless time just to compete.

Also the competition would not be fellow players but automated bots buying the npc's out the very instant the regs respawn, lame.

edit* we have been there done that, dosent work*

This Idea gets a fat NO.

I know lets Add a mandatory factor for stealing, gloves you must purchase from a npc that have stealing charges on them. You can only steal from other players if the gloves have charges left. They spawn every 30 minutes or so.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you have to do is make small stacks of each reg so that if they steal your pearl they dont get all your pearl. Not so hard now is it?
All you have to do? lol how tedious..lets make the people who think this stupid stuff up have to run around with a limit of 25 items in their pack and nothing stackable including gold!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you have to do? lol how tedious..lets make the people who think this stupid stuff up have to run around with a limit of 25 items in their pack and nothing stackable!
Better yet...lets add the inability to insure items worn by thieves. After all, no reward without risk right? The way I see it, if the general public noticed a thief stealing an item...that thief would be thrown in the dungeon and all his/her items stripped from his/her possession.

My two cents.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better yet...lets add the inability to insure items worn by thieves. After all, no reward without risk right? The way I see it, if the general public noticed a thief stealing an item...that thief would be thrown in the dungeon and all his/her items stripped from his/her possession.

My two cents.
Sounds good to me .1 stealing and you get a "You cannot insure that item" if you try or "You have just lost 600gp for picking up an insured item"

this is just my way of saying NO to the LRC cap we are all talking about...la-me :)

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thanks

Why are so many suggestions geared around removing mods, enhancements, etc.? I dont understand how making things tougher for the entire general population somehow makes the gaming experience better for said population.

If someone chooses to play that way (eg, lower LRC suit) then god bless 'em...do it. Or if you dont want no blessed items....play the siege shard for that challenge.

If uo is trying to attract and keep new UO players, then this sort of suggestions does not help. Trying to go back and appeal to pre-AOS players will not get this game the increased population it needs.

Creativity needs to move forward, not backwards.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are any of the modifiers capped then? Let them all reach 100%? I didn't ask for the mod to be removed...just capped like all of the rest...la

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thanks

Why are so many suggestions geared around removing mods, enhancements, etc.? I dont understand how making things tougher for the entire general population somehow makes the gaming experience better for said population.

If someone chooses to play that way (eg, lower LRC suit) then god bless 'em...do it. Or if you dont want no blessed items....play the siege shard for that challenge.

If uo is trying to attract and keep new UO players, then this sort of suggestions does not help. Trying to go back and appeal to pre-AOS players will not get this game the increased population it needs.

Creativity needs to move forward, not backwards.
All I have to say is first check to see who is asking for the change, then ask yourself why they would ask for such a change. I think once you get those two answers dialed in you will better understand the *wants* of these players and be able to better pick and choose what thread you wish to waste your time with.

R

RavenWinterHawk

If a thief tries to steal your regs, if you knew how to protect yourself, you wouldn't have to worry about them. And then again, you could also try to kill the thief before they got away with your regs.

I really wish people would learn how to use the game mechanics to protect themselves instead of playing the rube who can't...it's not that tough...la
I do use game mechanics to protect myself. 100% LRC... la

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I have to say is first check to see who is asking for the change, then ask yourself why they would ask for such a change. I think once you get those two answers dialed in you will better understand the *wants* of these players and be able to better pick and choose what thread you wish to waste your time with.
I see....Rico does seem to be lacking some common sense and posts for the sake of posting

Got it

Status
Not open for further replies.