• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't wait to SEE you!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So starting at 8am Pacific time tomorrow, I will be able to SEE my friends in SoTA! Wait - do I HAVE any friends? Do you wanna BE my friend? The anticipation is building. Work will be impossible. My clients will have to wait. Husband will have to get a taxi from the airport.

Why?

Because it's SoTA time!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WHEE!

When logging in, you will not need to "have friends" as I believe only two options will be available - the Single Player Option and the Multiplayer Option.

And Rhiannon had an awesome idea!

She and I (and maybe more of the Stratics team!) will be in the village of Braemar! You will know us as we will have "Stratics" as our last names.
Come & visit us, be included in our disucssions, and I will be streaming LIVE!

See everyone tomorrow!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kirthag likes to video stream and Rhiannon likes to ask questions. So be prepared for both. :) We anticipate being in Braemar around 8am Pacific time, off and on all day. Come on over and say hi!

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of us from the Paxlair Statehood on Chesapeake in UO will be gathering also. Hope to see you!

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I saw you Sean! Or at least someone from your guild.

Kirthag and I had a blast today. She will be posting an official link to the hours of streaming we did. I will be posting an article with pictures. We had fun! It was the first time we have actually played a game together. Hopefully we'll be around more Saturday (gotta work to pay the bills!). Say hello if you see us!

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically the three places will be the FireLotus Tavern in Owl's Head, the "Party Boat" in Kingsport, of the building with the antlers over the door in Braemar. Also use Enter to bring up chat and you'll get an idea of who is in the area and can find out where people are hanging out.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Finding out that people's logins are instanced. Rhiannon & I were waiting for Ghost Heretic, but he wound up in a different instance from us. Something a bit unexpected - but I'm sure the devs will be looking at ways for groups of people to get together in the same instance (party-pull). Think of those games that have channels and when you party up, the party leader has to pull you over to the rest of the group.

Just remember, this is a Pre-Alpha folks. Lots of exciting development and we have the privilege and honor of helping! WHEEEE!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tooling around in Single Player tonight until I get my character to NOT look like a Newb. Also, I MAY have availed myself to a little extra in-game gold. I don;t consider it too big of an issue so long as we're still facing character wipes, however the issue itself NEEDS to be resolved before the game goes live.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the game seems to have layers. Many times you'll find other players floating or sinking in the world. Layers are not syncing up very well...well, R3 is all about testing the mulitplayer systems. We're doing a great job!

Nice to see Stratics alive and well. I used to come to these forums/site long ago...and will be back more often once again.

TQQdles™,

Noldor Numbwit
aka Dolnor Numbwit
Eternal Testing Newbie
Satine's Web Browser

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...so I need to see those Unicorn-Wisp screenshots!

Thanks for promoting the game with your stream. Sorry for the jerks at the end at the cave...kids will be kids.

TQQdles™,

Noldor
aka Dolnor Numbwit
Eternally Crashing Avatar...it seems. -*(

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a great few days trying things out both in SPO & MPO modes. For the 3rd release in pre-alph, well I'm thinking it's shaping up nicely.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noldor: None one of us got a close up screen cap of what we THINK are Unicorns inside the wisps (glad you were listening to the stream!). We'll have to wait until next release. :( I've been in UO since '97 and used to the annoying kids who have nothing better to do than TRY to ruin the experience for others. It used to really annoy me. But I've learned to just block them and go on. I did report one UBER inappropriate person who said something really crude to one of the "Stratics Sirens" (Kirthag came up with that one). Annoying immature people unfortunately are just part of it. That's the nature of any online game.

Lum, I think I saw you once briefly Saturday. There was so much excitement, chatting, activity - I didn't introduce myself. Sorry about that! But we did meet on Thursday when I got locked inside the bar (don't ask...).

Dermott: you should report the problem to the devs, preferably via private message since it's an exploit. And it was nice to meet you Saturday in the wisp field!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The bug was already detailed on the proper forum on the SotA site. As I stated in my lengthier review, it's not something I would condone in the final game, but in a limited time playspace where there is no meaning to the economy and we're getting wiped anyway, might as well test things out and see what happens and why.

Saturday evening was a great time. Glad to see everyone that was there!

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to constantly check the SotA Patcher. I just updated from Patch 72 to Patch 76...even though I can't log in (for the Dev+ funders only).

I checked in ESO but their lightning bugs are NOT unicorns....

TQQdles™