• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't use any skill....

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I logged in tonight and I am trying to use the hiding skill in my house and it keeps telling me... "wait a few moments". I have closed out the classic client restarted it.. I have switched to the EC client to try.. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions please ?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Only thing I can think of is go kill your char.. works on a lot of things.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged in tonight and I am trying to use the hiding skill in my house and it keeps telling me... "wait a few moments". I have closed out the classic client restarted it.. I have switched to the EC client to try.. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions please ?

Page a Gm "My skill timer is stuck and I'm unable to use any skills, please fix!".

Last time I had to do this was a few weeks ago, and the GM showed up within 2-3 minutes.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok i tried the death technique... OOooooOO --- unfortunately it did not work. I have paged a gm exactly 17 minutes ago... any other suggestions i can do ? i don't have good luck with GM response time....even though i never page them *sad face*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1) Killing your character.
#2) Try to craft an item with any crafting tools.
#3) use a virtue.

If none of those things work, paging a GM is the only option.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Generally when I get this I can't do much of anything but Honor something and kill it usually works... glad the GM helped.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going across a server line or through a moongate usually resets it for me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thank you folks sooo much for the response - the GM just fixed it. 30 minute response time aint bad!!! thanks again folks !!!
Darn, I wasn't on tonight. My dog would have eaten you to try and fix it.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had a similar problem on my crafter a few times recently, she can't make anything, it just gets stuck 'making' the item. Someone on here posted that when that happens you make a spoon, well I didn't think that would work, but it did, UO is full of weird 'quirks'!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go through a moongate, get off your mount and take a step - hopefully it will try to make you do stealth and that will fix that problem

Fire Warrior

Adventurer

Try to use any other skill - preferably one that isn't a magic skill or something like that. I have run into that bug a few times. Generally the key is to reset the 'use skill' marker or whatever it is.
Example, try using arms lore or using any targetable skill or perhaps spiritspeak which is similar in that its a skill use but non targetable etc. I am not saying this will work everytime but it might. Of course you may well have thought of this already. I do agree that having your character killed sometimes will do the trick.