• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can't update

Adrian87

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Could use some help please.
Didn't played for quite a while now and the game had about 400+mb in 4 files to update. It gave me this "to many heap sections" error at the first try to the 3rd or 4th file (not sure, was afk) at a second run of the launcher it had 3 files to update. after 3rd file updated gave me another error (don't remember exact error, should have made an ss, sorry). I started launcher again with 2 files left to update. At 90% it gives me this "to many heap sections" every time i try to update.
http://postimg.org/image/eg0uiiou1/
Tried 7-8 times until now. It's the same every time. Any idea what can i do to fix it please?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In many games I've tested, the "too many heap sections" usually means the game is trying to use more memory than your computer has and fails. Memory management for games is a very tricky thing to program.

My first question is...how much RAM do you have installed in your computer? Running a computer with 2gigs of Memory is very low considering what today's games demand of the computer CPU and the memory usage loads up over time. If you can increase the memory to 8 gigs...that is if your computer is capable of holding 8gigs of memory, I would suggest you increase it. Even running 4gigs of memory, the standard in older computers or today's low-cost computers, may be not enough to handle what the game is expecting/trying to use.

Until I know more about your system or how you are running the game, I can't offer other suggestions. And no, I am not an expert nor claim to be one.

TQQdles™

Adrian87

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your answer.
Yes i only have 2GB RAM. I definitely need to get some more when i can.
Thanks again for your help.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may not be allowed to have more than 4GB with ram and video ram combined depending on your processor and mother board. Before upgrading your memory total up the video memory with your 2GB. Verify you have a 64bit processor before going over 4GB.

You do have the disk space needed right?

-Lorax

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though Windows XP 32-bit operating system doesn't allow memory above 3.2gigs (it will only see 3.2 gigs even though you have 4gigs installed), that extra 1.2gigs of Ram would help in most cases. I have an old Windows XP system which I use to test games...when the devs request it...and the extra 1.2gigs does help iron out most issues. Now, I wouldn't try to play a current MMO with only 3.2gigs...the only ones which would work would be old school games like DAoC or the original Guild Wars.

Project Gorgon, being an indie game, hasn't been optimized for memory management...so it is a memory hog as it stands today. And if your computer is 5-8 years old, you can still buy the memory type for it...it will just take a bit of searching on Google (buy new memory ONLY).

There are also videos on YouTube that shows how to install memory into your computer by yourself...I would suggest that route.

TQQdles™

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Now, I wouldn't try to play a current MMO with only 3.2gigs...the only ones which would work would be old school games like DAoC or the original Guild Wars.
That's hardly true. If Windows is a bit optimised to stay around or below 1gig, you're left with 2gigs. That's more then enough to run most mmo's at max settings (provided your cpu and gpu can handle it off course...).
A lot of games still run in a 32bit client.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
has this problem been resolved? Do you have the most current launcher? If your not sure about the launcher go to http://projectgorgon.com/ and download from there. I can pass this thread to Citan, and I am sorry I did not see it sooner.

myself, I can play Project Gorgon nicely on my Macbook Air, which I always thought was weird, since it is 3d, and doesn't have to streamline memory yet.