• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Can't seem to make 100% elemental weapons.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the reforging thing:
"100% elemental smithy weapon: Dull Copper or Shadow runic + Powerful + Quality"

On a Double Axe.

I can't find the "Powerful" option. I tried all kinds of options with several types of runics (dull copper, shadow iron, copper) I keep getting weapons with crap properties too.

Help!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Are you crafting the item directly with the runic hammer, or are you crafting a normal item, then using runic reforging on it? Yon want to do the latter. While near a soulforge, double-click the runic hammer, then target the axe and you should get the runic crafting menu.

This is what your runic tool should look like:

Runic.PNG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, depending on which damage type, often if it falls short, you can enhance to finish it off.

Smith/Tinker:
Energy: 80% Energy/20% Physical can be enhanced with Copper to get to 100%
Cold: 70% Cold/30% Physical can be enhanced with Agapite. 80/20 can be enhanced with Shadow Iron
Fire: 60% Fire/40% Physical can be enhanced with Bronze.
Poison: You're SoL, unless having 20% energy is okay, in which case Copper or Verite would be of use (except for some unreproduceable claims of randomness. the energy gets applied first).

Carpenter and Fletcher can add Cold with frostwood, but that's about it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The preferred method these days is

Make as regular, reforge with runic, then imbue with other properties. Enhance to finish the damage type off, if needed.

The preferred method these days is

Make as regular, reforge with runic, powder of fortification (don't forger to due this!), then imbue with other properties. Enhance to finish the damage type off, if needed.
Slipped in one more step in the process. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep - I usually count "powder to 255" as step 0 for any imbuing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I usually enhance before I spend powder and imbue the item, otherwise you will have to waste a tool charge to enhance it with 100% chance of not destroying the item.

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If the weapon is for a suit with 100 % Dammage Increase i find its best to go for store bought weapons (why use crafting then a whetstone when a store bought weapon works well). Also i select the ones with durability up at 100, saves some POFs.
So buy some weapons, use a shadow hammer to reforge Exquisite of Quality, then enhance, POF, Imbue....

Finegold

Journeyman
I burned through 4 shadow hamners last night without even turning out 1 100% wep.

Its not a high percentage.

Or could be the uo god of randomness being cruel.

This was holding a +30 ancient hammer (dont have a 60)

Finegold

Journeyman
My success rate is like 1 in a 100 weps (if that). Is that normal? Only have a +30 Ancient Hammer... perhaps that is teh problem? Should I be using copper hammer instead?