• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Can't scale the dye tub gump

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to make the dye tub colour picker thing scalable?

At the moment its a bit small to see.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't want to start another thread so on the same kinda topic can we please have treasure maps able to be scaled like they USED To be? Was very disappointed when I logged into my t-hunter for the first time with the new default EC to find that I can no longer scale my tmaps up to see where the actual pin is.

Please put it back to how it was so that we can scale up the tmaps.

Would also like to scale up the plant growing gump too, that is tiny as well.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh and another thing missing is the "fame" level on the character sheet. That used to be really handy for knowing how much more you had to go til you got max fame for sacrifice. 10,000 points, and would be nice to have back as well.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh and another thing missing is the "fame" level on the character sheet. That used to be really handy for knowing how much more you had to go til you got max fame for sacrifice. 10,000 points, and would be nice to have back as well.
Fame is on the Loyalty gump now, accessible from your character's context menu.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THunting has become a CHORE with the maps not scaling, is there ANY reason for this? Be nice if SOMEONE would answer

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THunting has become a CHORE with the maps not scaling, is there ANY reason for this? Be nice if SOMEONE would answer
The scaling of T-maps was part of the Pinco's UI and I would think that it will return when Pinco releases 6.0.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scaling of T-maps was part of the Pinco's UI and I would think that it will return when Pinco releases 6.0.
yes, also the dye tub gump will be totally different :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aye. That on top of the lack of quickloot on all containers and very poor loot have kept me from doing much t-hunting lately.
That map looks soooo effing tiny on 1080p. :|

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, also the dye tub gump will be totally different :p
Alas unless the 'toggle legacy backpacks' is also put back in Pinko's to how it used to be, ie, ONLY toggles the container you open AFTER you click on the toggle, leaving all other existing open containers as they were then I will not be using Pinko's but have to use the work around pete mage posted for that problem with his UI mod.

This is what I hate about having to use different modders stuff, it is like a mish mash of if you want this you can't have that, and if you want that you can't have this, I was so hoping that broadsword would employ Pinko to actually run the default UI permanently so that we didn't have to have either or, or this or that.

Anyways, will have to wait and see I guess. I can't stock my vendors unless the toggle legacy containers is fixed, and un-scalable TMaps has dragged the usefulness of the UI back to the dark ages as far as thunting goes and made life 100% more difficult. It is different when you never had an option but in both cases the options were there and now aren't . Is like one step forward 3 steps back all the time with UO.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alas unless the 'toggle legacy backpacks' is also put back in Pinko's to how it used to be, ie, ONLY toggles the container you open AFTER you click on the toggle, leaving all other existing open containers as they were then I will not be using Pinko's but have to use the work around pete mage posted for that problem with his UI mod.
The containers will be quite different than now (since I remade the script from scratch), in fact each container will have the toggle view button that allows you to cycle between grid/list/legacy so each container can be treated separately (like it was on KR). And also if you close a container in legacy mode, when you re-open it, it will be shown in legacy mode again. This means that there will be no more the 'toggle legacy backpacks' action :p
It will also save the scroll position in every container that you open (except vendors and corpses).
About the vendor, there will also be an option to choose how to open their inventory as default (like there is for your backpack and corpses).
There will also be the loot sort (as in the previous version), with the option to customize the sort order too :)

This is what I hate about having to use different modders stuff, it is like a mish mash of if you want this you can't have that, and if you want that you can't have this, I was so hoping that broadsword would employ Pinko to actually run the default UI permanently so that we didn't have to have either or, or this or that.
That's why I've always tried to have all the possible features inside my UI, so you don't have to use other mods :p
We couldn't put my whole UI as default because the devs were against certain features (example: the customizable background of the icons), so in the end even if I have submitted a lot of stuff, much has been removed and for other features there was no time and so here we are :/

Anyways, will have to wait and see I guess. I can't stock my vendors unless the toggle legacy containers is fixed, and un-scalable TMaps has dragged the usefulness of the UI back to the dark ages as far as thunting goes and made life 100% more difficult. It is different when you never had an option but in both cases the options were there and now aren't . Is like one step forward 3 steps back all the time with UO.
The tmaps is in the Pinco's UI 6.0 already so you just have to wait at least for the beta release :p

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The containers will be quite different than now (since I remade the script from scratch), in fact each container will have the toggle view button that allows you to cycle between grid/list/legacy so each container can be treated separately (like it was on KR). And also if you close a container in legacy mode, when you re-open it, it will be shown in legacy mode again. This means that there will be no more the 'toggle legacy backpacks' action :p
It will also save the scroll position in every container that you open (except vendors and corpses).
About the vendor, there will also be an option to choose how to open their inventory as default (like there is for your backpack and corpses).
There will also be the loot sort (as in the previous version), with the option to customize the sort order too :)

That's why I've always tried to have all the possible features inside my UI, so you don't have to use other mods :p
We couldn't put my whole UI as default because the devs were against certain features (example: the customizable background of the icons), so in the end even if I have submitted a lot of stuff, much has been removed and for other features there was no time and so here we are :/

The tmaps is in the Pinco's UI 6.0 already so you just have to wait at least for the beta release :p
Well it all sounds really good and I hope it is coming sooner than later :).

I guess if it is feedback you need my best would be for every 'action' it is always nice to have a choice. So an opt in or out of particular mods. Like I want to have 'enable scaling' ON all the time and not have to turn it on each and every time I log in. We did that in your UI before in the UI settings by putting a 'tick' in the box. Now it is an action and before I can do 'anything' i have to retoggle the action every time so I can reduce my map size from the default to my preference every single time I log in and it gets old really quick. It was nice not to have to keep redoing the same action each and every time you logged in. I also love the fact that you didn't have to have the 'count' of items on every container, that I can turn that off etc and you didn't have to have 'new' item properties gump if you preferred the standard default one etc. It is the 'option' to have stuff on or off that is always the BEST design. Let the player decide what they want and don't want.

However, having said all that I seriously appreciate the work you do, just wish broadsword would put you on the darn payroll and dedicate a bit more resource to getting the default UI up to where a newbie player can log in and run with if without the need to then keep modding on and on etc.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it all sounds really good and I hope it is coming sooner than later :).

I guess if it is feedback you need my best would be for every 'action' it is always nice to have a choice. So an opt in or out of particular mods. Like I want to have 'enable scaling' ON all the time and not have to turn it on each and every time I log in. We did that in your UI before in the UI settings by putting a 'tick' in the box. Now it is an action and before I can do 'anything' i have to retoggle the action every time so I can reduce my map size from the default to my preference every single time I log in and it gets old really quick. It was nice not to have to keep redoing the same action each and every time you logged in. I also love the fact that you didn't have to have the 'count' of items on every container, that I can turn that off etc and you didn't have to have 'new' item properties gump if you preferred the standard default one etc. It is the 'option' to have stuff on or off that is always the BEST design. Let the player decide what they want and don't want.

However, having said all that I seriously appreciate the work you do, just wish broadsword would put you on the darn payroll and dedicate a bit more resource to getting the default UI up to where a newbie player can log in and run with if without the need to then keep modding on and on etc.
Adding toggles means doubling the times because it requires to create multiple time the same thing, and by doing that everything will just became heavy, so even if sometimes having toggles may looks best, in the end it is not because will reduce the performance.

The real problem is that this client has been designed poorly from the beginning, with a little more efforts they could have done something much better, but instead they did what they did and now we have to live with it because there is no way back :|

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, if you're looking for Beta Volunteers, I'd be happy to...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, if you're looking for Beta Volunteers, I'd be happy to...
as the new default UI taught us, few people for testing are not enough, so it will be a public test and let's hope to catch as many bug as possible :D