• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Get the Special Staircase to work

Cheever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you get that special staircase to work. i looked it up on here and i found a thread that told me how to do it that you place teleporters down on the tiles in which you want the portion of the stairs to be deleted. then you place the stairs and when your done in customizing mode you place square gozas in the spots where you had the portion of the staircases deleted. but when i try to place a staircase on top of the teleporters, it removes the teleporters underneath the staircase in customize mode. did they fix this so you aren't able to do that anymore?

D

Dragonchilde

It's supposed to remove the teleporters. Taht's part of the trick. Check the UO Homes and Castles forum... there's some GREAT picture-by-picture tutorials. It's a bit tricky, but the effect is completely worth it.

Elijah Cross

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be a video on YouTube that took you step by step through the process. Not sure if it's still there but you might check it out.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
If it isn't there ill contact Bam Bam she does videos. Nastia may be able to help as well.

N

Nastia Cross

I have no clue about making videos. It is a little tricky to figure out even with the picture by picture tutorial. Basically, you place the teleporters in the spots you DONT want stairs, then place the stairs on top of said teleporters, again where you want to delete the stairs. Then you hit the transparency of the floor you're currently working on so you can see the teleporters. Delete all of the teleporters then click on the icon for the floor you're working on so the transparency will go back to normal. The stairs that were on top of the now deleted teleporters will disappear, leaving behind the stairs you wanted.