• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't gain in fishing!!!

• Thread starter Gilbarin Fyre
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gilbarin Fyre

Title says it all....... 3 days fishing, not one gain.
66.7 skill, not skill capped yet, skill is turned up to gain, etc.
Fishing from shore..... tried offshore a bit too, no catches there...
99% from shore. Not ONE gain. What am I doing wrong?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shallow water is your freind now. Easiest to reach by sailing close to a server line. If your gains are getting too bad, just move 1 or 2 steps further away from the server line. (Shore would work too, but its a bit difficult to stay at the same distance from shore for several fishing spots.)

C

catship

i just made a fisher, go to bucs den and fish off the docs
i went up to 72 in no time

Sparrowhawkmk2

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a gm fisher from 10 years ago, and made another fisher on a second account to test stuff out. I can confirm that at about 67 ish fishing in most shallow water you wont get you raises. Nor will fishing in deep water. Instead go a few boat lengths out of shallow water (on a boat naturally) and fish there; I raised to 75.5. Then head out to deep water from 75 to 100 for the good stuff :)

Also - do it in Felluca for twice the gains - I can guarantee you wont meet many pks out at sea hehe. Just if you are brave enough to chance getting to the Fel coastline without losing your boat. Rather, go to the coastline without your boat, mark a rune, get your boat, return and launch. Good luck.

S

soulstoner

That crystall ball of knowledge works wonder for fishing.
:confused:

---

I went from mid 80's to GM quickly in the Abyss moving around within the water ele den with archer to swap b/w bow & pole - lotsa lucky coins in the process as well:thumbup1: oh, and good supply of herring & mud puppies.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a quest item from Ter Mur (NPC infront of the mage shop). You have to hand in 100 bones (the type you need for the golden skull quest in doom) and 100 dragon blood (i got mine from shadow wyrms) to get the crystall ball. it works like the skill tutor statuette.

You activate the crytall ball in your backpack and then start fishing. The ball will tell you after each cast, how your chances to gain are. As long as it says "optimal" you are fishing in the right spot. Past 95 you will get "easy" anywhere so just keep fishing.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did mine at the docks in Bucs Den. Gained fairly fast from 60-70. Just keep at it!!!

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I GM'd fishing a month or two ago and can attest that the Crystal Ball of Knowledge was key. It showed me exactly where to fish, so I did not waste time in the wrong waters.

S

soulstoner

It's a quest item from Ter Mur (NPC infront of the mage shop). You have to hand in 100 bones (the type you need for the golden skull quest in doom) and 100 dragon blood (i got mine from shadow wyrms) to get the crystall ball. it works like the skill tutor statuette.

You activate the crytall ball in your backpack and then start fishing. The ball will tell you after each cast, how your chances to gain are. As long as it says "optimal" you are fishing in the right spot. Past 95 you will get "easy" anywhere so just keep fishing.
I GM'd fishing a month or two ago and can attest that the Crystal Ball of Knowledge was key. It showed me exactly where to fish, so I did not waste time in the wrong waters.
That's so kewl -- Imma gonna go look into gittin' me one of them there balls now! :D Guessing it works on other skills as well ... will research