• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Can't connect to Stratics from phone

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any reason why this would be?

Loads fine from:

Laptop
Phone connected to my home wifi
Phone on data using VPN

Does not load:

When using data without VPN on.

Missed jrede's auction deadline 'cause I couldn't load :/ I thought the site was down.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What browser were you using?

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Added info: The stratics site DNS was resolving with Firefox just fine, but content was not loading. After showing a blank screen for a bit the cloudflare message saying the domain wasn't responding appeared.

I could load the site just fine with a VPN and with another browser, but not Firefox.

Also on Firefox - I could block the stratics call for ajax.googleapis.com and the site would resolve just fine so it may have been a google problem.

Reconsider depending on Google and cloudflare? They may be 'helpful' but are added failure points that... *gasp*.... fail sometimes. At least tweak the code so that if they fail(on their end) they don't block page loads.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Some sites are broken in firefox. Google.api has nothing to do with loading, that's all trash you don't want anyways.

Flush your dns, check where it's pointed to, check DoH settings, clear your cache and prefetch.
8.8.8.8 - google dns or use your own server. if you are using a vpn, use their DNS for leak prevention.

Need more information.... Can only guess and speculate what's wrong lol. With the ads on this site I wouldn't even touch it with a mobile device

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll just use the VPN next time, was only checking in on the road because there was an auction going on at the time.