• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Can't attack Mirror Image

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I'm trying to train Ninjutsu and can't attack my Mirror Images to get rid of them, so I can cast more. I'm currently in the low 50's. The guide says to cast, kill and repeat but I have to just wait til I have less than 5 before I can cast another. Please help advice. When I try to attack one of the images it says "that is forbidden" I tried being in and out of a guild and in tram and fel, guard and no guard zone.

Thanks.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Go to Chief Paroxysmus' Lair North of Papua, you need a rope to get in or you can buy one from the guy at the door for 5k, then follow it down to this point. It's usually clear of monsters but if not lead them away.

Go into Cat/Dog Form for the HP regen and stand roughly where I am in the picture. Here gas will burst every so often and kill any images you summon. Some tiles have more gas ticks than others so find one that only has one, if you need to you can simply step one tile out of it to heal up but the regen should take care of it. Depending on your HP you may want to wear only items with no durability as it may wear them out unnecessarily.

If you have Hiding/Stealth on the template as well you may be able to do it in that too (can't remember).

If you are on Atlantic there is/was another location known as Yriggor's dungeon which also had gas tiles, but I can't remember where it is.

If you are training this on a Stealther and you want to use Shadow Jump for training, aside from throwing on lots of LMC/MR and 4/6 casting you can make a UOA macro to Shadow Jump Target Relative Location (where the relative location is 1 tile N), then 1 tile E, 1 tile S, 1 tile W, with a delay of about a second (1000) between each. You can then repeat this macro inside the walls of Luna (the inner walls near the bank) and it will work in such a way that even if you fail the jump and it goes to jump on to a tile that is blocked, the next line will always be moving away from the obstacle.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 0 problems killing my own mirror images when i trained ninja not so long ago.
Maby u have turned on "Block on friendly" or "block on followers" in your'e client.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I had 0 problems killing my own mirror images when i trained ninja not so long ago.
Maby u have turned on "Block on friendly" or "block on followers" in your'e client.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH boy, I feel silly, thank you. :eek:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In the EC, go to options and uncheck "block war on pets" and "block war on friendly" (you can keep "block war on party" checked if you like, but the other two both need to be unchecked).

Now you can attack your mirror images anywhere, even in guarded zones or in trammel.

EDIT: oops, just saw @kaio posted the info already. Somebody delete this post.

Last edited: