• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot drop spell into spellbook.

remesq

Visitor
I made a complete fool of myself with a GM in-game. :) But that's okay if it works out in the end.

I completed the Fiendish Friends quest chain, which rewards a Summon Fiend scroll for the Spellweaving book. When I tried dropping the scroll into the book it would not take it. There was no error message. I did everything to make sure I wasn't making some silly mistake, EXCEPT selecting the Default UI.

I asked in chat. I went on the UO forum. I eventually made a ticket in-game.

The GM was able to drop the scroll into my book. That's when I thought I should select the Default UI. This worked. I could drop a scroll into a book. When I loaded up Pinco's again, it would not work.

Problem: Cannot drop scroll into a spell book that should otherwise accept the scroll (book in bag, not open, spell not in book, etc.).

Solution: Load the Default UI and it will work. Re-load Pinco's UI when done to resume happiness.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a complete fool of myself with a GM in-game. :) But that's okay if it works out in the end.

I completed the Fiendish Friends quest chain, which rewards a Summon Fiend scroll for the Spellweaving book. When I tried dropping the scroll into the book it would not take it. There was no error message. I did everything to make sure I wasn't making some silly mistake, EXCEPT selecting the Default UI.

I asked in chat. I went on the UO forum. I eventually made a ticket in-game.

The GM was able to drop the scroll into my book. That's when I thought I should select the Default UI. This worked. I could drop a scroll into a book. When I loaded up Pinco's again, it would not work.

Problem: Cannot drop scroll into a spell book that should otherwise accept the scroll (book in bag, not open, spell not in book, etc.).

Solution: Load the Default UI and it will work. Re-load Pinco's UI when done to resume happiness.
what style of container are you using?
because by design in list view you can't drop items inside a container/spellbook. I've added that limitation so you won't drop items inside containers while you're trying to drop it inside the backpack.

Last edited: