• Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

Cannot drop spell into spellbook.

remesq

Visitor
I made a complete fool of myself with a GM in-game. :) But that's okay if it works out in the end.

I completed the Fiendish Friends quest chain, which rewards a Summon Fiend scroll for the Spellweaving book. When I tried dropping the scroll into the book it would not take it. There was no error message. I did everything to make sure I wasn't making some silly mistake, EXCEPT selecting the Default UI.

I asked in chat. I went on the UO forum. I eventually made a ticket in-game.

The GM was able to drop the scroll into my book. That's when I thought I should select the Default UI. This worked. I could drop a scroll into a book. When I loaded up Pinco's again, it would not work.

Problem: Cannot drop scroll into a spell book that should otherwise accept the scroll (book in bag, not open, spell not in book, etc.).

Solution: Load the Default UI and it will work. Re-load Pinco's UI when done to resume happiness.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a complete fool of myself with a GM in-game. :) But that's okay if it works out in the end.

I completed the Fiendish Friends quest chain, which rewards a Summon Fiend scroll for the Spellweaving book. When I tried dropping the scroll into the book it would not take it. There was no error message. I did everything to make sure I wasn't making some silly mistake, EXCEPT selecting the Default UI.

I asked in chat. I went on the UO forum. I eventually made a ticket in-game.

The GM was able to drop the scroll into my book. That's when I thought I should select the Default UI. This worked. I could drop a scroll into a book. When I loaded up Pinco's again, it would not work.

Problem: Cannot drop scroll into a spell book that should otherwise accept the scroll (book in bag, not open, spell not in book, etc.).

Solution: Load the Default UI and it will work. Re-load Pinco's UI when done to resume happiness.
what style of container are you using?
because by design in list view you can't drop items inside a container/spellbook. I've added that limitation so you won't drop items inside containers while you're trying to drop it inside the backpack.

Last edited: