• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Candid Coverage News] "Marry Me" UO-Style

• Thread starter imported_Joshua Rowan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Joshua Rowan

A very creative way to ask someone to marry you, UO-style! Thanks to Shane for sharing this image with us, which he titled "Lord Beregond's Love".

<center>
</center>

G

That is great!

Anyone see the reply in the image? Small purple player speech text in the middle... now that is hilarious!

R

Ryix (europa)

A real life proposal in game or an ingame proposal?
Would be nice to have a story with the image :p but cute either way.

G

"I cant wear it tho... i needs my 70s and dci. what about an engagement cincture...? I mean, if you reeeeeeally loved me..."

J

JoyousGard

That is really cool. What ended up happening? Is there an accompanying story? I wonder what ring he gave her? Grandma's "An old ring?"

S

stevethepirate86

hehe this is an on going thing. whisper is my GF in RL and we live together. beregond is quite possibly my best friend in game and he makes a point to remind me how lucky i am to have whisper.

E

Eleanora [EVE]

LOL well if you haven't done the 'deed' yet, how about adding a little international flavour and come to the land of Oz and do it in style! Catering and wedding attire provided and we may even be able to sober up the resident monk to perform the ceremony or bring your own.

Brackenwood Village can cater for formal and informal receptions, a tavern if you so choose, a dirty limerick night for your stag or hens party in our tavern theatre, or if you are into blood sports or just a rough and tumble wedding we can 'do it' in the Brackenwood arena while your guests throw you money and gifts from the stands.

*raises glass*

Regards

see:

EVE-vents Venues or follow the EVE links from Spellweave.com

G

I thought I remembered reading something a long time ago that the Devs were thinking of creating an in-game marriage package where two characters could get married with a certificate for each of the two and two rings each can have one choice of different engravings. I think it was going to be a bit different from the old wedding rings. Maybe a Dev can pop in with a little info on that?

G

They did ...... and then they dropped it..... was awesome... I'm living proof... somewhere in my grand bunch of goodies I have two wedding certificates!..... I truely wish they would bring back the package.. they don't need to actually perform the ceremony. But it would be nice if you could still get the invitations, the rings and the certificates. Heck I would rather my friends performed the ceremony. I myself own a theatre and have performed 3 or 4 in-game marriges myself.. I'd be more than willing to do that again!.... fix up the Theatre to the specs of the couple..... or I even did ceremonies whereever the couple wished.... like in Illsh on the top of a mountain.... was so pretty there...

U

_Uriah Heep_

Originally the Seers and Counselors and Gms did weddings. And since they had no backpacks to carry things, it was funny to watch em create and engrave the wedding rings. They would take the parties aside, make the rings, bless em, engrave em, and then they would drop at the GMs feet and the parties had to pick em up. Of course, if anyone else picked em up, it did no good, they were off to jail LOL.

Then came the power-up weddings...buy the package, and get invitations to pass out with the date and time and location on it {looked like a scroll} plus you were given engraved rings as part of the deal also. And a marriage certificate
. For some reason they dropped this, guess they werent making enough money off of it. But they were well done, the Nu'jelm palace entrance decorated with tall candelabras and flowers and all.

All services rendered to players, try gettin that now

S

stevethepirate86

hehe ill tell beregond he needs to come look into the uo wedding thing and he can figure out what he wants to o from there. as for the pick ya she wanted her all 100% lrc and taming still so she didnt wear the 10000 diamond band he gave her. as for the pick im still suprised poor whisper hasent said anything bout the fact she was surrounded by 3 guys in green robes that drug her off in a field and asked her questions :p

G

Hehe thats a bit more romantic then what my char got.
my scenario was, In Luna, he said marry me, gave me a ring he got off the tinker on the other side of the wall *laughs*

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

They did ...... and then they dropped it..... was awesome... I'm living proof... somewhere in my grand bunch of goodies I have two wedding certificates!..... I truely wish they would bring back the package.. they don't need to actually perform the ceremony. But it would be nice if you could still get the invitations, the rings and the certificates. Heck I would rather my friends performed the ceremony. I myself own a theatre and have performed 3 or 4 in-game marriges myself.. I'd be more than willing to do that again!.... fix up the Theatre to the specs of the couple..... or I even did ceremonies whereever the couple wished.... like in Illsh on the top of a mountain.... was so pretty there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they dropped it because too many players were asking for UO divorces, lol.

S

stevethepirate86

lol now that has some momentuem right there, ill bet the players wanted the gms to be lawyers and judges lol, i get the dragon and ki rin you get the keep and the cu sidhe on weekends.

G

I had considered this post dead after about two weeks. I guess it just took you guys some time to find it. The "I can't wear it thought" was for my own defense simply in regaurds to her suit. Thanks to steve the pirate I found out that all of you were posting on here. We've all been to busy to go through with the ceremony but the time is getting closer to seal the deal. I was curious as to if any of you event holders cared to host it for me on LS or knew someone that would be willing.

S

stevethepirate86

so does that mean i get to be the best man for the ceremony while you marry my RL GF in the game now that will be a good story to tell some day