• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Can you still Sell Accounts????

• Thread starter dirrty_kustoms
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

dirrty_kustoms

With the new system and linking accounts, is it still possible to sell accounts..... and if so how do you do it???

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. However, stratics and uoforums no longer support selling in game items for cash. You really just have to know the right people. Good luck.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is bannable. EA can ban your account if you post character names anywhere. Good luck and be careful.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pink FLoyd.. That is utter rubbish. Go read the ToS and read what it actually says. Considering EA facilitates account transfers.

Look, I'm posting my character name: Salivern Diago... Ok now I'll sit here and wait for a fan.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pink FLoyd.. That is utter rubbish. Go read the ToS and read what it actually says. Considering EA facilitates account transfers.

Look, I'm posting my character name: Salivern Diago... Ok now I'll sit here and wait for a fan.
They still facilitate account transfers? Last I checked the whole migration and linking screwed it all up.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, utter rubbish indeed! Come at me with some quoted passages from the ToS and I might be bothered to defend myself. Account selling is bannable and the fact that stratics doesn't allow the selling of accounts for RL cash any more on their trade forums for this reason should validate my opinion. They wanted to remain an EA sanctioned fan site and had to change the rules to reflect EA's new policy.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely true.
Stratics hasn't allowed the selling of things for RL currency for a really long time, because of the Fansite agreement, but did allow the trading of accounts for gold and whatnot.
But, that proved to be a huge can of worms. People rarely used the account trading service, and so disreputable folk would sell their accounts for gold, then in a few months reclaim them with all the new owner's stuff, and since there was no official record of the transfer EA would return the "stolen" account to the original owner.
So being an area that resulted in a lot of trouble, and I mean a lot of trouble, it was disallowed.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely true.
Stratics hasn't allowed the selling of things for RL currency for a really long time, because of the Fansite agreement, but did allow the trading of accounts for gold and whatnot.
But, that proved to be a huge can of worms. People rarely used the account trading service, and so disreputable folk would sell their accounts for gold, then in a few months reclaim them with all the new owner's stuff, and since there was no official record of the transfer EA would return the "stolen" account to the original owner.
So being an area that resulted in a lot of trouble, and I mean a lot of trouble, it was disallowed.
Today I learned something, thanks for clarifying :D I did hear from a few different sources that EA disallowed it though.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the new ToS, it seems that UO has fallen under the same umbrella as the rest of EA's MMOGs, and inherited a firm "no" to account trading. Which is why the service isn't available any more :(