• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we please have non-decaying immovable bugged statues addressed?

• Thread starter imported_DarkVoid
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_DarkVoid

This is an image of the statues that are located in Trammel, Oceania, at coordinates 20o 44'N 24o 19'E and I'd like to see these statues and other similar bugged objects removed from the list of objects that can be blocking house placement.

On my home shard of Oceania, there are a lot of these non-decaying bugged immovable statues littering the land from long ago, when Vorpal Bunnies were introduced. What happened is that people took them home with them because at that time it was possible for them to do so by using a bug that is no longer active.

As far as I know the way that these statues originally came to be on the ground and litter the landscape is that players who looted them stored them in choppable wooden containers, EG barrels, crates, chests, etc. When their house decayed, the wooden containers of course got chopped up by players eager to get at items in them which weren't an immovable bugged statue, and never knew that these statues would continue to litter the UO landscape forever.

The last time I paged a Game Master about this issue, they referred me to a page saying that they didn't remove blocking objects like this any more.

One Game Master I asked about a similar pile a long time ago, and which he happily removed, said there could be many thousands of these objects on a single tile.

I would very much appreciate it if these objects could decay rapidly and forever at some point when the publish to fix them comes into effect. I'm also sure there are probably more of these objects lurking around inside of player houses/bank boxes, as I recently visited a Castle IDOC on Oceania that had these very statues in one of the barrels in the house. It also contained stretched hides of various kinds.

That barrel fortunately disappeared to places unknown. However, these blocking objects are still in the game world, and should simply vanish from both player houses and from anywhere they've been left on the ground.

There are still the same statues on the vorpal bunnies, however, they now only weigh one stone, and can be looted normally, do not block house placement, and are not bugged in any way. Those statues should remain. The bugged statues weigh in excess of 100 stones each, and are not highlightable or draggable by players.

I'd also appreciate it if the orphaned barkeeps that didn't disappear with the fall of a house would also vanish. If they're no longer standing on a valid house tile, they should pack up and leave.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

I

imported_Cysphruo

lol those aren't from vorpal bunnies

they're from an exploit many years back and there are still tons available, look on the rares forum and you will find them for sale along with any duped rare you would like.

G

Yep, if i remember right rumor was that it had something to do with the Artist's Guild that is next to the Tinker Shop north of Brit Bank, something about the basement of it and moving a box around the ground rapidly.

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

they're from an exploit many years back and there are still tons available, look on the rares forum and you will find them for sale along with any duped rare you would like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember anything about what you're saying.

All I remember is that these were from the Vorpal Bunny introduction, and they're the same kind of statue you can get off Vorpal Bunnies. If these are an exploit item, however, that's even more reason for them to vanish with the publish that fixes them. They shouldn't be around blocking house placement at any rate, and that is what I want to see fixed.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

Ok you probably didn't play far back enough to remember them before vorpal bunnies could be found.

Before gardening, to get the thorns, to get the bunnies, and before stonecrafting too, which was ilshenar, you could get them (and still can I think) off Ratman mages, and off Pixies (in Ilshenar).

Before that, statues (along with 255 stone lanterns and half stretched hides - be glad that you don't have those around!) that weighed 255 stones and couldn't be highlighted in the world could be put in boxes through some bug or other (someone else will have to fill you in on exactly what it was and when). The box could be moved, but not the item.

On Europa, just over the Umbra bridge to the east, is Hemisphere's empty museum. There you'll find:

- Lamposts
- Big bench
- Fire
- Ringmail tunic

And a couple of other items that are the same - they can't ever be moved once placed and they never decay.

As a side note, I remember when you could get those coloured statues and, when put in your backpack, they couldn't be moved. I think I was overloaded and couldn't actually move with one, once..

G

Gee you cant get them moved! they been there longer than most players now
they are now rares lol

T

TirNaNog

I like them.. have two nice ones by my houses, and know there's a place where someone made a UO symbol out of them so many years ago.
It'd be nice if they didn't block house placement and instead would just move under the sign or something (not sure they don't do that anyway...) but I'd hate to see things like that decay.

T

telmigakdov

hello, I was at the UO Town Hall Meet in Jacksonville last month, and one of the designers Chrissay Zeeman addressed this issue specifically, stating that she wants reports of just this sort of thing so she can delete them i.e. leftover things from old events [like the "Ricardo" posters at the banks]. Not sure how to get hold of her, but maybe if you send it to Jeremy and explain that it's something Chrissay wants to know she can forward it. Hope this helps...

G

I managed to get half a mountain stuck on my boat one time on Legends, everynow and then I go refresh the boat but the mountain still is there to this day months later.

I would really love to know if there is anyway to move it, I have tried mining it, sticking it in a box everything ....

Any ideas? I would love to take it to my house or even sell it. After all my hard work of you know keeping it alive and on my boat all these months.

G

Send email via the Feedback link on UOHerald.com.

Choose Bug Reports from the drop down menu, and complete the rest of the form.

In the comments, put...

To: Adida
Bugged statues. A description of the area's location. And the coordinates.

Then click the Send Feedback button.

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

hello, I was at the UO Town Hall Meet in Jacksonville last month, and one of the designers Chrissay Zeeman addressed this issue specifically, stating that she wants reports of just this sort of thing so she can delete them i.e. leftover things from old events [like the "Ricardo" posters at the banks]. Not sure how to get hold of her, but maybe if you send it to Jeremy and explain that it's something Chrissay wants to know she can forward it. Hope this helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sent in the location of the ones via the feedback form link someone else posted to this thread. If they get deleted I'm going to submit more reports as I find them.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice try at flaming the rares community

<blockquote><hr>

Ok you probably didn't play far back enough to remember them before vorpal bunnies could be found.

Before gardening, to get the thorns, to get the bunnies, and before stonecrafting too, which was ilshenar, you could get them (and still can I think) off Ratman mages, and off Pixies (in Ilshenar).

Before that, statues (along with 255 stone lanterns and half stretched hides - be glad that you don't have those around!) that weighed 255 stones and couldn't be highlighted in the world could be put in boxes through some bug or other (someone else will have to fill you in on exactly what it was and when). The box could be moved, but not the item.

On Europa, just over the Umbra bridge to the east, is Hemisphere's empty museum. There you'll find:

- Lamposts
- Big bench
- Fire
- Ringmail tunic

And a couple of other items that are the same - they can't ever be moved once placed and they never decay.

As a side note, I remember when you could get those coloured statues and, when put in your backpack, they couldn't be moved. I think I was overloaded and couldn't actually move with one, once..

[/ QUOTE ]
These statues have nothing to do with vorpal bunnies indeed.
Where these mostly came from is a bug that got people to place boxes right around server down on locations where certain items (like the statues) were placed by the server every morning.
Since there was now a box on that location the item spawned inside the box. The box could then be axed and tada. A static item that's immovable.

GMs generally do not remove them.

K

Kat SP

There are also some stretched hides.. or at least half a stretched hide, that I found in a house I bought way way back on Atlantic. I couldn't remove them from the box and someone finally told me I could axe them and the hides would become static. I axed several of them next to a log cabin on Atlantic and last I checked, they were still there! I'll have to check and see.

G

When the land of Ilsh was born, [3d] we could get the statues off the rat monsters in the rat's dungeon. Was a huge thing back then, to all go to the moongate, log out of 2d, log in 3d, and then run to the Rat's place and kill it. Then run back to the moongate, no recalling out back then, then log out and log back in. Man, am I glad I don't have to do that anymore [the logging in and out].

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where these mostly came from is a bug that got people to place boxes right around server down on locations where certain items (like the statues) were placed by the server every morning.
Since there was now a box on that location the item spawned inside the box. The box could then be axed and tada. A static item that's immovable.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is almost right. These statues were from a bug many years ago before they were available anywhere else. The trick was to use a provisioner bought red box and drop it on the ground in certain locations. If you kept moving the box, eventually one or more statues would spawn inside. So this could be done all day long.

Through this method you could obtain the statues, stretched hides, hanging lanterns, radishes and hay. Most other items people think could be obtain were just myths.

I

imported_Mezzac

GM will not do anything about these if the soul purpose is to assist with house placement. I recently came across a number of spots that were blocked by not only these type of statues, but also stretched hides etc.

After several calls to a GM with the standard 'canned' responses, I was finally blessed with the presents of a GM in person!!

I explained the situation in relation to items blocking placement and it was reitterated that he could not move any objects if the purpose of the intervention was to assist with house placement. After further discussion it was finally determined that it was NOT for house placement purposes I required removal of the objects but rather some of the object actually blocked my passage in the area (stretched hides) and upset the balance of the local enviroment (did not look nice
).

Having been given alternative reasons for the removal of the items (not house placement) the kindly GM removed ALL items in the area I was looking at.

Once all the items had been removed I took the opportunity to soak up the local enviroment now cleared of all rubbish - I was so imnpressed with the area that I decided that it would be a great spot for a house if only one was lucky enough to fit in the area. After further investigations and playing around it just so happened that a castle just happened to fit into the area

So if you have this problem just remember GM CAN NOT assist you to place a house, BUT they can assist in keeping Brittian clean and clear of any un-natural obstructions

Thaks Mezzac

G

<blockquote><hr>

GM will not do anything about these if the soul purpose is to assist with house placement. I recently came across a number of spots that were blocked by not only these type of statues, but also stretched hides etc.

After several calls to a GM with the standard 'canned' responses, I was finally blessed with the presents of a GM in person!!

I explained the situation in relation to items blocking placement and it was reitterated that he could not move any objects if the purpose of the intervention was to assist with house placement. After further discussion it was finally determined that it was NOT for house placement purposes I required removal of the objects but rather some of the object actually blocked my passage in the area (stretched hides) and upset the balance of the local enviroment (did not look nice
).

Having been given alternative reasons for the removal of the items (not house placement) the kindly GM removed ALL items in the area I was looking at.

Once all the items had been removed I took the opportunity to soak up the local enviroment now cleared of all rubbish - I was so imnpressed with the area that I decided that it would be a great spot for a house if only one was lucky enough to fit in the area. After further investigations and playing around it just so happened that a castle just happened to fit into the area

So if you have this problem just remember GM CAN NOT assist you to place a house, BUT they can assist in keeping Brittian clean and clear of any un-natural obstructions

Thaks Mezzac

[/ QUOTE ]

The policy of not removing objects to help with house placement should NEVER apply to objects that have no business being there or are the result of a bug. A natural "permanent" part of the landscape such as an annoying rock or clump of grass or mushroom that blocks placement, of course the GM should not move because that is altering the "normal" game landscape. Things such as water barrels which players place, and can be removed with effort, also, of course GMs should not touch.

However, IMO, these immovable statues are a completely different prospect, and no different than the perma pile o' stew from the Heritage cauldrons that remains when a house falls with one inside. GMs remove the stew if the petition is worded correctly. It is plain silly that they won't remove other inappropriately persisting objects.

-Skylark

I

imported_DarkVoid

An update to this post, the statues have indeed been removed by someone from Customer Service, I'll find more locations and submit them for cleanup.

Anyone else who sees bugged non-decaying statues on ground is also encouraged to send them into EA via their feedback form, the link to which is in this thread.

To EA/Mythic: Many, many, thanks to whoever cleaned these statues up. I only wish there was a publish that would address all the items created by this bug/exploit permanently.

It is now apparently possible to fit in a nice sized 13*18 - possibly bigger, though I didn't test it - house spot where some of the bugged statues were located.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

There was a statue just like that on GL near Wrong..... took me two months of paging GM's to finally get one to show up and take it way....... I recall falling to my knees and praising the UO God for removing the thing!...... at which time we dropped out house and doubled it's size!...... I'd been wanting to do that for ages and ages......

Anyway they WILL actually do it but you have GOT to explain it in the way that the object is there only because of an old exploit..... and therefore the object MUST be removed from game.... any object that is a bug or exploit like that should be removed.... do not say anything about your reasoning for getting the object removed.... or it'll never happen... I learned this after as I said 2 full months of begging to get the silly thing take care of..... I got the same canned comment again and again and again....... "We can not replace lost or stolen items!"...... Can you believe that????? HOw does can you please remove this bugged statue ..... it was placed here using and exploit and needs to be removed from game... I can't place over it it's blocking me..."..... make you think in any way shape or form that I wanted somthing REPLACED!!!!!!!! kinda a dopey response if you ask me.

I

imported_DarkVoid

Well, now you know a better way of getting it removed. And from the timeframe - I put the bug in when I made the response mentioning I'd sent it in - a few days wait is a lot better than repeatedly waiting hours for a canned response from CS reps that don't know they SHOULD remove it.

I do however think that EA/Mythic should talk to their Game Master support staff and send them a list of what does constitute a proper use of Game Master delete keys. EA/Mythic should also alter the website help section so that the objects Game Masters cannot remove EXCLUDE objects which players themselves cannot remove.

Additionally, I believe that the in-game help system would be perfectly capable of reporting these bugged objects without a Game Master actually having to come look at them and tell the player some [censored] about how Game Masters cannot remove items. All it needs to be capable of doing is getting the location coordinates, scanning for items on the ground that would be considered bugged or exploited items, or the results of either, and forwarding these onto an EA/Mythic representative for evaluation and possible action, either directly, or through publishes.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid