• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we make a sugestion sticky on how we want inproved Thunting and fishing?

G

If devs will look at T-hunting and fishing loot.
I think its good that we will provide them whit out thoughts.

My English isent to good so i don't wanna start one :)

For me the inportent is that its fun and rewarding.

One way to make it more fun is to get chain maps. It will work like this.
You have a chance to get a piece of a map in L1 chests. To get the rest you must find next bit in a L2 chest and ceep going so all the way up to L6.
When you finaly can put all 6 bit together you will get a L7 map that only can be digd up in Felluca . The guard spawn will be 4 champ bosses or like them.

More rewarding would be if chests had items of to days standard.
Resources
regents (as now)
gems (as now)
ML resources
money (as now)
bit of a treasure pile
runic tools
themed armor,jewelry and weaponds

A similar system for fishing.

Well this is how i would like to see it change.

F

frodofeet

I really like your idea of collectable map pieces. Something like "A top-left piece of an adeptly drawn map", "A bottom-right piece of a plainly drawn map", etc, being 9 pieces in total for each map.

But rather than just promoting to a higher level 7 chest I'd like to see a special item, whatever that may be, in a 'special chest' that was the same level as the chests that spawn the pieces. For example:

- Collect 9 lvl 1 pieces from lvl 1 chests, get a 'special' lvl 1 T-Map
- Collect 9 lvl 6 pieces from lvl 6 chests, get a 'special' lvl 6 T-Map

They could make the special item an existing item, say a 10th anni item or how about an item with guaranteed high intensity properties? But I think Doom arties should be kept exclusive to Doom, and runics exclusive to crafting. They could create new items though, and perhaps a new graphic/description for the actual chest?

I like the idea of using ML resources. It would increase the numbers and decrease the value, but that's a good thing imo, then it might actually be viable to craft things which use ML ingredients, which atm are way too expensive.

I'd also keep the spawn the same, and stick to Trammel.

Why? Well I don't like the idea of being forced to Fel. The few times I've ventured there with my resource gatherer usually ends up being griefed by a red. That's not my idea of fun, there's no RP element involved, and I'm clearly not kitted for PvP, so I'd like to avoid Fel.

Likewise, by having champ-level spawn, you're basically saying that these cannot be done solo. Only guilds or large groups would manage these. I enjoy doing hunts solo, for many reasons I won't bore you with

G

GragusMortal

T-Hunting should have their own artifacts. Nothing uber of course. Just usable and different. Mostly Deco, some super rare others common. I also like the whole piece of a level 7 map thing. Then make the Lvl 7's spawn a super monster(champ boss strength) that has a good chance at either a really nice arti or a normal chest arti.

F

Faldor

I alos like the idea of pieces put together to make new level. How to make it that lower level hunters can still get in on this? I agree with keeping same level chest spawning same level pieces. It really is time to bring treasure loot into a worthwhile status. I throw half of level 6 treasure into spawn corpse. To the point where I have stopped checking values on some things. And all that work on cart, LP and surviving a solo 6,, to open up green bag and discover gold bricks??? LOL please,,, lets get it up to speed,, nice deco's or less junk and a few very high quality items would make it more enjoyable. I can't even give away arties now,,, well, That is my humble opinion anyway. See you in the woods,, Faldor

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

One way to make it more fun is to get chain maps. It will work like this.
You have a chance to get a piece of a map in L1 chests. To get the rest you must find next bit in a L2 chest and ceep going so all the way up to L6.
When you finaly can put all 6 bit together you will get a L7 map that only can be digd up in Felluca . The guard spawn will be 4 champ bosses or like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Treasure maps always have been and always should be about a personal challenge not a group effort. For what you have described it would be a very hard group effort. Champion bosses are not that easy. Now you want this done in Felucca where all that time and investment ends up with me being dead and someone else looting my chest...no thanks.

I am not against level 7 maps. I just think that you have to be realistic about what the mobs that guard them should be. I can see it being on par with what level 6 is but removing the balrons and aws. The remaning mobs have a 50% chance to spawn as a paragon however.

<blockquote><hr>

More rewarding would be if chests had items of to days standard.
Resources
regents (as now)
gems (as now)
ML resources
money (as now)
bit of a treasure pile
runic tools
themed armor,jewelry and weaponds

[/ QUOTE ]

Resources are fine. Reagents are fine. Gems are fine (would be nice to have a low chance to get the special gems). ML resources (low chance) would be nice as long as they arent the peerless specific items. Gold in the chests is really not that bad. When you add up all the spawn and the chest gold you can normally easily bring in 25k in about 10 minutes. A low chance for runic tools would not be that bad.

I would love to see treasure hunter only marties and arties (with low drop rates) that can only be obtained through treasure hunting. These should be on par with all the other artifacts but have more a treasure hunter feel. Would be nice if one of them was a talisman with +5 lockpicking, +5 cartography, 10% LRC, and elemental slayer.

All this being said...I don't honestly expect them to do anything else to buff the system that they haven't already done because I am a realist...it would be nice if they would at least figure out a way to make luck apply to chest loot.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I alos like the idea of pieces put together to make new level. How to make it that lower level hunters can still get in on this? I agree with keeping same level chest spawning same level pieces. It really is time to bring treasure loot into a worthwhile status. I throw half of level 6 treasure into spawn corpse. To the point where I have stopped checking values on some things. And all that work on cart, LP and surviving a solo 6,, to open up green bag and discover gold bricks??? LOL please,,, lets get it up to speed,, nice deco's or less junk and a few very high quality items would make it more enjoyable. I can't even give away arties now,,, well, That is my humble opinion anyway. See you in the woods,, Faldor

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still some very nice items that are normal marties...unfortunately they are few and far between. How about a marti turn in system that allows you to claim better items? Like how Tokuno marti/arti system worked.

E

Envinyatar80

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still some very nice items that are normal marties...unfortunately they are few and far between. How about a marti turn in system that allows you to claim better items? Like how Tokuno marti/arti system worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with both of you. I just started a thunter recently, but I've been going on thunts since I started with UO back in 1999 and I think that it is way overdue for an update with regards to the loot level. I like the idea of a turn-in system and better items specifically for thunts only. I have yet to attempt a map in Fel but I wouldn't be adverse to it if there was something special in it for me.
I really like the idea mentioned about collecting map pieces for a special kind of chest, but I do agree that this should be level specific (lvl 1 pieces in lvl 1 chests and so on). Maybe it doesn't have to be map pieces for another chest but a piece of a puzzle to direct you to a turn-in for a reward (something good, not those crappy quest reward chests),

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with both of you. I just started a thunter recently, but I've been going on thunts since I started with UO back in 1999 and I think that it is way overdue for an update with regards to the loot level. I like the idea of a turn-in system and better items specifically for thunts only. I have yet to attempt a map in Fel but I wouldn't be adverse to it if there was something special in it for me.
I really like the idea mentioned about collecting map pieces for a special kind of chest, but I do agree that this should be level specific (lvl 1 pieces in lvl 1 chests and so on). Maybe it doesn't have to be map pieces for another chest but a piece of a puzzle to direct you to a turn-in for a reward (something good, not those crappy quest reward chests),

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done maps in Felucca and it is a constant slew of problems. For starters you get that annoying can't walk through mobs thing that kind of sucks. After that you face the fact that anyone can come up and just pick loot out of your chest while you are looting it even if they don't pk you. Lastly, they can pk you and take all the loot from you and from your chest.