• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get Ultima lore-friendly guns in UO yet?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't see it as political. I just see it as a waste of time. We already have so many different weapons including range weapons. A flintlock wouldn't be able to be any more powerful as anything else. It would all have to be balanced with the rest of the weapons out there. We have better thing to spend dev time on than another weapon that wouldn't do any more damage than we have now. Now if they made one here a flag came out of it and the flag had *bang* on it I might need that :p

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which skill would they required? Archery? So it would be reskinned bows?
Throwing would fit nice, bonus is that you wouldn't have to reload:
Edit: Damn, video doesn't start at 55 sec, just jump there manually...

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm surprised we didn't see energy weapons of some sort when they brought out the power crystals, that would be kinda neat (No, not star trek style phasors! :p)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm surprised we didn't see energy weapons of some sort when they brought out the power crystals, that would be kinda neat (No, not star trek style phasors! :p)
Lets add lasers, aliens, spaceships, just set the whole thing in space, and rename it wing commander online. It's in the lore.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets add lasers, aliens, spaceships, just set the whole thing in space, and rename it wing commander online. It's in the lore.
Honestly, I would love an Online version of Wing Commander. Probably my second favorite franchise after Ultima.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, I would love an Online version of Wing Commander. Probably my second favorite franchise after Ultima.

Wing Commander was a lot of fun and is one of my favorite all time games. My favorite one of the series is privateer 1 and it’s add-on.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wing Commander was a lot of fun and is one of my favorite all time games. My favorite one of the series is privateer 1 and it’s add-on.
Wing commander II. Vengeance of the Kilrathi. I may have to go back and play through those again as well.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Star Citizen?
There aren't any Kilrathi, but the Vanduul are as bad-ass. Plus over the course of the years, SC has probably more lore than WC.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Privateer Online was almost real, but EA went with Earth & Beyond instead.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like Star Citizen?
There aren't any Kilrathi, but the Vanduul are as bad-ass. Plus over the course of the years, SC has probably more lore than WC.
I tried SC. Backed it with a $100. Tried to play and cant seem to get in half the time. Its laggy and the lack of any tutorial boggles my mind. I have a decent machine and it can barely run SC....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want the BFG2000 added :)
Ummm wasn't that the BFG9000? Been a while since I got into that one.

Me ... I'd like an Automated Spear Slinger myself. <shrug> Ain't gonna happen so I'll just muddle along with what I have.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummm wasn't that the BFG9000? Been a while since I got into that one.

Me ... I'd like an Automated Spear Slinger myself. <shrug> Ain't gonna happen so I'll just muddle along with what I have.
Very well could be. Been nearly two decades since I played that game!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried SC. Backed it with a $100. Tried to play and cant seem to get in half the time. Its laggy and the lack of any tutorial boggles my mind. I have a decent machine and it can barely run SC....
If you want o find out, if your rig will be able to handle SC, check the frames/sec in Arena Commander solo play. As long as the netcode hasn't been optimized (network bind culling & object container streaming), the PU will always be laggy as hell. If you just want to play SQ42, you don't have to worry about the netcode at all. I'm not sure, when we can expect SQ42 to be released. But I definitely don't reckon with this year. Q1/Q2 2019 hopefully...

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has nobody mentioned how badly they would butcher the mechanics, and that no one would end up using them? High Seas?:p

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Has nobody mentioned how badly they would butcher the mechanics, and that no one would end up using them? High Seas?:p
This topic has taken a different path from the original OP, and I am glad to see that..lol.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Personally if I wanted guns in UO game I'd just play a FPS.

I never saw the appeal given the games original framework.

But then Bonnie took over and now there are dinosaurs. You could add probably just about anything at this point and probably wouldn't change the projection of UOs circle down the drain.

Go for it, if anything it'll be worth a laugh.