• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get another little BOD-Change?

• Thread starter imported_Drowy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Drowy

The runic changes are really nice, but there is something that still bothers me! I have much more blacksmith large Bods than small ones to fill them. With tailoring its the same turned around. There i have more small Bods than large Bods.
So is it the same for everyone? And can we maybe get a slightly adjustment?

R

Redrum1

I don't seem to have that problem. I have plenty of small smithy bods and a good amount of large tailor bods. And yesterday i turned in 200 smithy bods and got a few large bods and alot of colored.

I

imported_Drowy

Well to specify this a bit here some of my Bods.

For example I have

4 large Bods for 10 Dull Copper Ringmail normal quality
7 large Bods for 15 Dull Copper Ringmail normal quality
4 large Bods for 20 Dull Copper Ringmail normal quality
and only 10 small Bods to fill them. All Bods used, so what shell I trade for them?

10 large Bods for 15 Shadow Iron Ringmail exceptional quality
and only 6 small Bods to fill them. Thats 34 missing!!!

3 large Bods for 20 Agapite Ringmail normal quality
and only 1 Bod to fill.

I could go on and on and do the same with tailor Bods. Although the difference there isnt that much.

F

Fayled Dhreams

*ahem* there WAS a recent change to smithy bods ..
need to toy with it (work with it) ... for its effectiveness to "pan out" (become apparent)
FoF
Bulk Order Deeds: Added the bonus high-level blacksmiths now get to receive colored BODS. (Note, this page is iffy at best at the moment - don't rely on it.)
(bolding Mine to re-re-emphasise:for its effectiveness to "pan out" (become apparent) )

also need to factor in:
Wilki (who did the changes) ALSO mentioned here:
5. The chances of getting a valorite BOD (once you've passed the colored BOD test), have been raised substantially.

Also ... Basara ... did a most excellent break out of comparing Smith vis a vis Tailor ...
here

yw

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also remember - According to Wilki, the missing Parenthesis that caused Iron armor BODs to not spawn for GM+ smiths was also the culprit in causing so many colored smith larges to spawn.

Now that the typo in the code is fixed, the occurance of smith larges appears to be way down from before, about on the level of tailor larges (and the occurance ofa large is supposed to be about 8%).

If you have a lot of larges, it's because they probably date from before the November "bod code typo" fix. I know I do - but i got only a few larges when turning in my first 100 BODs with the current publish, so it seems to be truly fixed now.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Agreed ...
One question remains though ... well 1 question, 1 puzzle ...

question
Does this:
"The chances of getting a valorite BOD (once you've passed the colored BOD test), have been raised substantially. "
Mean:
A)STILL Platemail Exceptional Valorite LBOD 20 cnt only ... with "raised substantially" meaning:
easier to get (higher percentage of rolls FOR the small bods to fill ... built in)
OR
B)OTHER THAN Platemail Exceptional Valorite LBOD 20 cnt MIGHT also get a val hammer to drop ???!!!?!?!?
(example: say a 5% chance for a
Platemail Exceptional in Agapite(10+15cnt)(20cnt)
in Verite(10+15cnt)(20cnt)
in Valorite(10+15cnt) ....

Either way ....Tower of Roses (and others) ... will need to change their charts ...
the suspense is tolerable... for me ...

The Puzzle ... on the other hand ...
So, having submitted my last change to UO (it's a surprise, but I think you'll like it), it's time for me to sign off from this account and continue down the path I was on back in the summer of 2004 - I'm heading back to school to finish my degree. From there, who knows what the future holds in store?

ARRRRRRGH !
"Technically" ... while I WAS expecting "it" to be in THIS publish ...
"it" wasn't Known and/or "promised" ... to BE in this publish ...
For that matter ... I know I MIGHT have walked past "it" and not seen it ...
Already !!!!!!!!!!!

THIS "suspense" ...
every day ...
coming upto the publish
the day of the publish
Every Day After The Publish ....

<center> W I L K I !!!!!

what issss IT ????</center>

*bows before the master*

he
got
me

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

It is too soon to tell but it seems like some of that problem may work itself out over time.

Before we got no iron armor larges and half as many color ore smalls as we should now. Now we do get the iron larges that we should which should reduce the number of color larges and we should be gatting more color smalls. Since it took over 7 years for them to at least look over the code and actually do something, we should be happy with what we have.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have noticed that the number of Large colored smith BODs dropped dramatically back in December when they fixed the glitch where no Iron Armor LBODs were being generated.

Edit...
Ah. I see Basara already mentioned that.

C

Connor_Graham

Talk to the smith's around the Luna forge when you're there. I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind doing some trading. I know I've got a whole slew of dull copper and shadow Bods that I don't have large's for, and a whole slew of large's that I'm only missing 1 or 2 smalls for.

It'd be kind of like trading baseball cards when you were a kid...

I can see it now....

"I'll trade ya my 20 exc DC chain tunic for your 15 norm shadow plate legs &amp; 10 DC exc ring gloves"

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is they increased the chance that ANY Valorite BOD spawns, from about 1% to about the same chance of getting a Verite BOD. This lightly reduces the chance of getting other BODs, but not appreciably (say, to 2 out of 101 from an original 1 out of 100, without changing the other numbers)

Once you get the color set, the other variables are unchanged.
Weapon/armor: 50%/50%
If armor,
Color: 50% Iron/50% color at 70 Blacksmith skill, 30/70 at 110 skill, 10/90 at 120 skill.
Color type: slightly tweaked by adding or two additional chances for Valorite (in my example above, turning it from a random number from 1 to 100, into a random number 1 to 101 or 102)
BOD type: 8% chance for a large (If I remember correctly), 92% for a small.
Small type: 11/24 are non-combinable, 4 are ring, 3 are chain, 6 are plate.
Normal or Exceptional: 50%/50% under GM, 40% normal/60% exceptional at GM+

Those are the hoops one has to hope your RNG goes through to get to an EX Plate BOD, even after you luck into getting a valorite BOD, as it works out that 75% of the valorite smalls will be non-plate, and another 10% (for a GM+ smith) will be normal plate Smalls. That leaves 10% being those that fit verite hammer larges, and 5% for the Valorite hammer large.

So you still end up with about 1-2% of the BODs you get being valorite, but only 1 in 20 of that 1-2% will fit a Valorite Hammer large, and 1 in 10 will go to the verite hammer larges.

This won't affect the bod charts in the slightest, only the math in the server calculations as to what color BOD to drop.