• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can stygian dragon be disco'd?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you or the pet doing the discording?

Barding difficulty is listed at 160 which is the same as Navery so yes I know a player can somewhere between 1 and 30 tries depending how much the game hates you. If it's your pet doing the discording you'll have to wait for an answer as I have no clue.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, he can be Discorded. I have a Disco/Tamer, so i usually use a Frost Mite to tank the Stygian Dragon (Consume Damage helps a lot here) and apply Rune Corruption, then i Discord the Stygian Dragon with a Gwenno's Harp (Reptile Slayer on it). If the Stygian Dragon stays still and focuses on my Frost Mite, then he's easy. If he runs around all over the place Earthquaking though as he chases down guildies, he can be a pain.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, he can be Discorded. I have a Disco/Tamer, so i usually use a Frost Mite to tank the Stygian Dragon (Consume Damage helps a lot here) and apply RC, then i Discord the Stygian Dragon with a Gwenno's Harp (Reptile Slayer on it).
Can the pet disco it?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can the pet disco it?
I assume so, although it'd take a long time for it to work. Pets don't get the success chance bonus that Slayer Instruments provide, so they tend to struggle to Disco 160 Barding Difficulty creatures, even at 120 Disco.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume so, although it'd take a long time for it to work. Pets don't get the success chance bonus that Slayer Instruments provide, so they tend to struggle to Disco 160 Barding Difficulty creatures, even at 120 Disco.
Ahhhh so probably a waste on a pet specific build for stygian dragon.