• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone please help with a build for a Giant (Blue) Beetle ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to use it with a Treasure Hunter so, the goal would be a Build whereas the Giant Beetle would be capable of taking also Trove Maps MoBs (1 on 1 or at most 1 on 2 MoBs).

I have been reading around and I see that most people advice to have it with Rune Corruption.... some also prefer poisoning so as to stop the targets to self heal as much as possible...

I read here Giant Beetle | uo-cah.com that the Giant Beetle, for Magical Abilities, besides Poisoning, also has :

• Poisoning
• Battle Defense
• Bashing
• Piercing
• Slashing
• Wrestle Mastery

Is any of this any good in alternative to Poisoning ?

Also, what about a Special Move or an Area of Effect ?

Would Armor Ignore be a wasted special considering that Rune Corruption reduces all resistances for 5 seconds down to 50% ?

The Mana Cost for Rune Corruption is 30 so, I wonder, even with 30 MR maxed out, how much Mana should be in the build to avoid the Giant Beetle to run out of Mana and thus stop the Rune Corruption.

Also, in order for the Treasure Hunter to be able to also hit the MoB and take advantage of the Rune Corruption 50% damages reduction, the Giant Beetle should be able to do some tanking so, I assume, it should be given a good amount of Hit Points and Strength... to this purpose, would the Wrestle Mastery or the Battle Defense be a better option as compared to Poisoning ?

Special Moves available are :

• Armor Ignore
• Armor Pierce
• Bladeweave
• Bleed
• Concussion Blow
• Crushing Blow
• Dismount
• Feint
• Force of Nature
• Frenzied Whirlwind
• Mortal Strike
• Nerve Strike
• Paralyze
• Psychic Attack
• Talon Strike

Area of Effect Available are :

• Aura of Nausea
• Poison Breath
• Essence of Disease

Which would be a better pick for this pet ?

From reading here and there, I also read that the order with which a Special Move or Area of Effect is added to the training is important because, at some point in the training, they disappear... they are no longer offered as an option...

So, what is the correct order with which to add the specials when training a Giant Blue Beetle so as not to risk being barred to add any ?

Also, is it worth investing 120 PS with such a pet ?

Considering that it does Physical Damage, the PS involved (Wrestling and Tactics) are quite expensive.... would the gold spent with them be worth it or would 110s be still good enough for the use needed ?

What other skills does a Giant Blue Beetle have that are worth spending PS on ? Meditation and Focus so as to boost its Mana regen to keep up with the use of Rune Corruption ?

Or better spent the training points on Intelligence to help with Mana Regen ?

Lastly, I read that the Taming Spawn Intensity spread ranges 1680 - 1830 Intensity so, pretty tight...

Is it worth it spending time taming Giant Bluee Beetles over and over so as to get a better Intensity one to have more training points to use or, since the range is so tight, pretty much any Giant Blue Beetle comes with moreless, give or take a few, the same training poins and makes it not worth the time to keep taming them until a better Intensity one shows up ?

Thank you for the help !!

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately,
You asked this same question February 5th 2023?
Hopefully, things have changed in a Year, some bugged specials for pets might have been fixed, some players who did not contribute to that thread might want to contribute to this one... I mean, things change over time, don't they ?

Besides, I saw another recent Thread from another player asking also help for a Treasure Hunter Pet build and several players have mentioned using a Giant Blue Beetle but without giving much details on their builds, so, I thought, not wanting to derail that other thread, to post my question here.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AI/RC. If you don't like that build it different.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AI/RC. If you don't like that build it different.
@Pawain

Thank you for the help !

Are you in favour or against Poisoning in a Giant Blue Beetle ?

Arguments that I have read in favour, are that with Poisoning, the Giant Blue Beetle does not get poisoned and so, the healing of it comes more handy. Not sure if there might be any other in favour.

Are there arguments "against" having Poisoning on a Giant Blue Beetle ?

Thanks again for the kind help and advice !!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison is not that great. That's why I did not include it in my answer. Beetles are disposable pets that work fine with 105 scrolls. Make as many different versions as you like.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since when did the poisoning ability make a pet not get poisoned?
Not that pets in general get poisoned often since they have resist.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since when did the poisoning ability make a pet not get poisoned?
Not that pets in general get poisoned often since they have resist.
Pet still gets poisoned, but shrugs it off before taking damage.
Not sure if its based solely on skill level or on difference between skill and poison level.