• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can somebody help me.

• Thread starter Lord Zephyrus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Zephyrus

I was looking at uo guide the other day and i found this page.
http://www.uoguide.com/Glass_Sword

Well i have googled to the ends of the earth. I know it's not a big deal or anything but i want so badly to find a working copy of that single player demo. Mostly for nostalgic reasons and to see a glimps of the uo pre aos. If anyone can help i would be enternally grateful.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have all my UO CDs. I'll see if the Demo is on the Second Age CD as that article states.

L

Lord Zephyrus

Ok tyvvm I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation :).

L

Lord Zephyrus

Anyone had anyluck finding the demo . If you do please let me know thx. Zeph

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The demo needs to be installed over the full game in order to work (that is to say, it uses many of the same game files).

I'd be highly surprised if you could install it over a modern client. You'd very likely need the whole Second Age disc to get it to install.

L

Lord Zephyrus

edit. Does anyone have the cd that could make a .iso of it and put it on a ftp server or p2p server of some sort .

L

Lord Zephyrus

and omg bomb i just realized that you are the person who put that screenshot on the uo guide. Does that mean you have the demo/cd *twitches with anticipation*

L

Lord Zephyrus

*tumble weed blows by while patiently waiting on some news*

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahahah, indeed it does...

I put it up when the glass daggers started appearing, as I thought it a point of interest.

But then someone edited the sword page re their use in Ultima 5 against the Shadow Lords (a fact I didn't know, I'm fuzzy on most events prior to the Guardian's arrival in the series).

Perhaps the glass daggers will eventually see a similar use in UO?