• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can some on please post the formula to calculate the Greater Dragon Skill caps?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apologize for asking this as I know it is around, but no search coombination shows it :(

I have the post tamed values and would like to know the skill caps.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Someone else posted that you multiply the post tame by 1.25.

Pre tame, wrestle, tactics and resist lose 27% (might be 28%) but can be trained back up to as if they had only lost 10%. Magery loses 10% and that becomes it's cap.

(I don't know if the post tame thing is right or not I personally always either wrote down the pre tame or worked it out in reverse.)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As an addendum,

The post Tame Resist Spell was 92.1
Using the Spell Soulbinders in New Have, the pets Resist Spell is at 115.2 and has not gained for more than 45 minutes. This generaly iindicates to me it has hit cap.

That gives the number 1.250814332

For what it is worth.

A week from today, I will go after the others skills using the Shadow Iron Elemental.

HP(922)
Dex(52) now (125)
Int(533)
Str(622)
------
PhR(84)
FR(87)
CR(51)
PoR(59)
ER(56)
------
W(95.1)
T(84.5)
RS(92.1) now(115.2)
------
Ma(120.4)

The cost at Taming 115.4

3 Honor attempts,
2 Deaths,
4 Peacemaking attempts.

I tamed it on the 4th Peacemaking attempt.

In one sense, GRRRRR to the 5 minute reload timer on Honor. On the other hand all is well that ends well. This one was 99% of what I was looking for. I went all out to tame this one.

J

Joyous2K

I apologize for asking this as I know it is around, but no search coombination shows it :(

I have the post tamed values and would like to know the skill caps.
multiply by 1.25 works because it loses 28% upon taming.... in other words, after taming, it has 72% of its original skill.... so to get from 72% of original to 90% of original you multiply by 1.25

I have had a situations where it was .1 higher than I expected, and I think that was due to rounding error.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Same (RE: the rounding error) for working it out in reverse, though as long as it's higher not lower I don't mind :)

Had a couple that were borderline wether they'd go 120/130 in stuff.

R

Revenant2

Ah....

Straightforward way is in Windows Calculator, multiply the wild value by 90 % (use the percent sign instead of an equals sign). Then, often, the whole value is bumped up by .1, just for the heck of it, and that's the post-tame skill cap. I donno why that .1 frequently gets added, it just does.

Like, a wild dragon with 139.9 wrestling comes out to 125.91, just pay attention to the 125.9 part, and then roll that 125.9 up to 126.0, and there you go.