• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Can Mages gain points in the Honor Virtue ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can Mages, well, spellcasters, gain points in the Honor Virtue ?

How ?

I mean, tamers can.

That is, if a Tamer says "I honor thee", targets the enemy and then commands to kill it is possible to gain points in the Honor Virtue.

Question is, can a Mage also ?

For example, by casting summons who work as a pet ? Energy Vortes and Blades work as summons right ?

So, if a Mage says "I honor thee" and then casts energy vortex or blades or tells a summon to kill, would this gain points towards the Honor Virtue ?

Thanks.

G

Gelf

Yes, u can also gain by casting damage spells. but u tend to have to fight higher end mobs, than a fighter, to get gains. and its harder than for a tamer since ur summons are not even close in power to a pet.

T

Tazar

I went all the way to Knight of Honor on my mage by fighting Succubi and Balrons with just direct damage spells.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went all the way to Knight of Honor on my mage by fighting Succubi and Balrons with just direct damage spells.

Only direct damage spells ??

Energy Vortex, Blade Spirits, Summon Daemon or the summoned Elementals do not give Honor Points ?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Energy Vortex, Blade Spirits, Summon Daemon or the summoned Elementals do not give Honor Points ?
They do give honor, I am about 3 or 4 dots away from Knight on one of my mages and I gained solely from Summons. Also Thrasher inside Twisted Wield gives the best honor gains, even better if you can do it in fel.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ha, yes of course. All you do is pack around a demon slayer spellbook (or other if you are fighting another type). Slayer prone mobs are nice because they die in a couple of hits. Just pack an attack at the mob with which it is weak to and you're all set.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Summons like using pets will gain you less honor than doing direct damage. That is why it takes almost twice as long for a tamer using pets to get to knight of honor verses a melee char.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is why I personally suggested using an applicable slayer spellbook. As long as you know what the mob is weak to in terms of their resists, you can make quick work of most any mob. Just have honor virtue macro hotkey setup, have the applicable spellbook ready to go, and walla. Couple hits and then move on to the next one.

T

Tazar

Summons like using pets will gain you less honor than doing direct damage. That is why it takes almost twice as long for a tamer using pets to get to knight of honor verses a melee char.
Which is why I only used direct damage spells... seemed more honorable. :p

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is why I only used direct damage spells... seemed more honorable. :p
lol...that is actually the real reason however. Is also why archers gain at a slower rate. Typically it can be quite difficult to stay within the 2 tile parameter and gain the full amount of honor per kill on an archer. Nonetheless, it still takes plenty of time to accomplish.