• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I get a red healer once in a while?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I have to spend FOREVER just to find a red healer in certain situations?

It's asinine the way it is now. I think there should be a flag that you can turn on that puts you in "find a healer mode" making it so you can't be res'ed by another player. Then if you wait a good 2 minutes (or 5, whatever) without finding a healer (or standing there) I think you should be auto res'ed and sent to Chaos shrine. Seems reasonable to me and would afford people paying $14 (with tax) a month a bathroom break when they need one the most.

It is really annoying having to man the keyboard while running around long deserted areas searching for a healer. At one point it was great fun to run around checking things out, but now it is just depressing. Just please allow me to take a ****, get a beer and be done with it. We'd all greatly appreciate it.

I'm paying you so I can PvP, let me do it please.

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though I have no red char I fully support you in this request. I hate dying and running for even a few mins for a healer. Take Nujlem for instance, why a town in this age does not have a dedicated healer that actually rez's people is beyond me.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually have good luck finding red healers in the Moonglow area, but even then sometimes I have to wander about a little.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my, I hope people don't stop being red. How else am I supposed to maintain Knight of Justice? :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would like to be able to find red healers on Malas and Tokuno islands on Siege.
It's no big problem to find them on Felucca unless someone is killing them.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they need to take all the priests of mondain that are in trammel and ilshenar and put them all in felucca where they are needed, instead of on facets where you can't even be red. i can see the ones ilshenar where need for a brief time in the past, but not anymore. relocate these guys to where they belong and the problem is solved.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg i so agree. they used to have a stationary red healer in magincia (siege), but when the town blew up they took our healers aways!:( all other places the healers travel so much it takes 10 min just to find one! i vote we need to make the yellow healers heal ALL players!!

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just take away all the drawbacks for being a murderer.
I disagree, and I do have a red char (not my main but still). Actions have consequences. I say bring back stat loss.

EDIT: It occurs to me that JC may have been sarcastic when he posted that. Heh. I had just crawled out of bed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
omg i so agree. they used to have a stationary red healer in magincia (siege), but when the town blew up they took our healers aways!:( all other places the healers travel so much it takes 10 min just to find one! i vote we need to make the yellow healers heal ALL players!!
They could move the spawn from Chaos shine Ilshenar. Making yellow healers res all except crim would be nice too but red healers wandering around in Malas and Totuno may be a better choice when you need a rez. Yellow healers would be camped of noto PK's if they was only quick rez.

L

Lady_Mina

This has always been a problem...

People kill those healers so reds have problems getting ressed.

It helps to have friends who can ress you.
You might be suprised to see that there are actualy some blue (trammies?) who are willingly to go grey to help you out if you show some respect...

Un-like some reds in fell..who scream 'trammie' when they see a blue...but seem to forget they're born in HAVEN TRAMMEL and have trammel chars and go to trammel themselfs with their other chars.

C

Connor_Graham

Un-like some reds in fell..who scream 'trammie' when they see a blue...but seem to forget they're born in HAVEN TRAMMEL and have trammel chars and go to trammel themselfs with their other chars.
I'd be willing to be that most of those reds were "born" well before New Haven came about, and were actually able to choose a starting city, and actually start there. I know all but one of my characters were born somewhere other than New Haven. Usually Brit, with one or 2 (can't remember exactly) in Skara Brae.

That said, all healers in Fel should just be red. The blues could still kill all of them they see, and there wouldn't be such a massive penalty to game time for red players. Game time is the most valuable commodity in UO, and having to lose a big chunk of it because you die isn't good for anyone, red or blue.

And this coming from someone that doesn't PvP, and doesn't have (or ever have had) a red character.

L

Lady_Mina

These days it's even a wonder if you find someone who has been playing pre-aos...

I think...EA should make some use of those vet reward anks.

Anks should ress people..no?yes?

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These days it's even a wonder if you find someone who has been playing pre-aos...

yes, most defiantly yes. set access to whoever you wan't and there you go, kind of like those luck statues.

L

Lady_Mina

yes, most defiantly yes. set access to whoever you wan't and there you go, kind of like those luck statues.
It would be truly nice to get your own ressing Ankh.

Regular Ankh's ress people...so why shouldn't those vet reward Ankh's?

Cause spamming more red healers won't solve this problems...just more NPC's for some 'bored' people to kill.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be truly nice to get your own ressing Ankh.

Regular Ankh's ress people...so why shouldn't those vet reward Ankh's?

Cause spamming more red healers won't solve this problems...just more NPC's for some 'bored' people to kill.
oh i used to hate that, when blues would walk around just looking to kill a priest of mondain. i'm glad thats died out it.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I have to spend FOREVER just to find a red healer in certain situations?
To give you time to rethink your evil ways.

If it were up to me, no red healers at all.

Float your way to the Chaos shrine.

;)

L

Lady_Mina

;)
Yeah but that's cruel to the people who turned red accidently..
(yes that happens! lol :) )

The world needs 'good' people and 'evil' people to balance.

if there are no reds...there's no pvp....

the good guys need 'evil' guys to chase...
And the evil guys need good guys to kill.

it's sort of roleplay..

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but that's cruel to the people who turned red accidently..
(yes that happens! lol :) )

The world needs 'good' people and 'evil' people to balance.

if there are no reds...there's no pvp....

the good guys need 'evil' guys to chase...
And the evil guys need good guys to kill.

it's sort of roleplay..
Gotta catch me first =)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I wish my chaos tiles would res reds as well as blue, I could then place a public one outside my house for all who need a rez.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

;)
We tryed that already, that was a pain and blue gankers was camping the chaos shine so it was like trying to rez at Ilsenar's chaos shine, almost impossible.

Trust me, some blue can be real nasty.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my proposal would make you wait several minutes and send you to chaos. that is fair. half the time i end up using help/stuck anyway.
You said 2 or 5 minutes. That is not a burden in the least. Just go read this forum or grab a snack while waiting.

Just make a friend and have them come help you when you die.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We tryed that already, that was a pain and blue gankers was camping the chaos shine so it was like trying to rez at Ilsenar's chaos shine, almost impossible.

so fine that is a risk you take.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You said 2 or 5 minutes. That is not a burden in the least. Just go read this forum or grab a snack while waiting.
exactly. why should i have to run around dead for 2-5-10 minutes? you can run around and possibly find a healer in 30 seconds, or hedge your bets and just click the 5 minute rez button.

#1 chaos might be camped
#2 you can't return to the fight right away

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

so fine that is a risk you take.
Risk for what? Being a RP red who share the fun with my "victims"
The color tells nothing about the honour of the players, blue noto PK's had always been the worse scum on the shards.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree, over half the blues are more evil then reds they just dont have the balls to stay red. most the time u see them sitting as a ghost at the bank working of counts. *misses perma red*

i like the idea tho, yellow healers rez all players except criminals:)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every wandering healer in felucca should be red because they rez reds and blues so there is no downfall to doing this, save reds about 20 mins trying to find a healer

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put the map ***s on blue healers in Fel and put the red healer back in Magencia

G

gjohnson5

I would like to be able to find red healers on Malas and Tokuno islands on Siege.
It's no big problem to find them on Felucca unless someone is killing them.
This remind me.
I am going to restart killing them

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could come to Great Lakes, we have a loser named Lynk rez killing everybody that manages to find one.

S

Sheridan

Every wandering healer in felucca should be red because they rez reds and blues so there is no downfall to doing this, save reds about 20 mins trying to find a healer
I totally agree. There's absolutely no drawbacks for blues to get rezzed by the Mondain healers so make all wandering healers in Felucca red. Healers in towns should still remain as they are, of course.

M

monnie101

I agree. It's a big pain in the no-fun rear to find a red healer. Those bums are always hiding somewhere.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday122.html

"Can we get more red healers in Felucca?"

Yes! We had a bit of extra space since we rearranged the schedule for this publish, so we've tweaked the spawn rate for Priests of Mondain in Felucca upwards - specifically, they should spawn more often around moongates.
Thank you for addressing this.

Hopefully this is a sign that things such as the Beneficial Acts bug (or dumb feature?) may get fixed.