• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player News Can get the 25th Anniv Silver Steed on Origin until 9 - 29

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not too keen on the graphic, looks rushed to me but they listened and gave us a silver steed. Not ridable but still!

I had fun, didn't get much done because I stood in line for an hour at ludo before I gave up and tried to do other things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sucks that it's going away already just the day after given that many of us WORK. Couldn't even attend the event ... so now can't even get the pages.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sucks that it's going away already just the day after given that many of us WORK. Couldn't even attend the event ... so now can't even get the pages.
For a positive person such as yourself. 2plats will get you one of mine.

For those that don't know. All Event drops don't have clickers for those that miss the event or don't get one of the # of drops.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm....

available until 9/29..

I check for it on 9/26 and it's already poofed?

:cursing::cursing:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup it was removed by her this am. There are still some banners.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I probably wouldn't have claimed one even if it ran the advertised length, but I"m really not surprised things were removed 3 days before they were advertised to run until. I'm sorry but this Dev teams track record is nothing short of horrendous. Anon gets bashed for being honest, but lets be honest, sometimes you just gotta set your fan bois/girl ego aside and be honest. And I have to admit I"m totally sick of the defense some players give the Devs with "They probably have real life issues going on, that's why they didn't do this update or do that update, or fix this or fix that. I"m sorry, but I don't think EA/Mythic/BS is sitting at home going, "You know what , maybe player So and So has this stuff going on, or that stuff going on, or real life issues, maybe that's why they didn't pay their subscription this month, so let's not let their account go inactive and their house and belonging disappear"...you can BET that thought never enters their minds, so why in the hell does it always enter the minds of the fan bois/girls ????

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Right?

I mean they have real life issues... I get it. We all have those.

BUT... (yepp, always a but)...

they have real life issues that hold things up for a week or two or months etc... players have real life issues and can't make a one day party but figure "well hell, I can at least snag X or Y because the clicky will be up for a few days"... only to have the Devs remove it early? What kind of "real life issues" can Devs have that make them have to remove a clicky early? The only issue I can figure is an inability to read a calendar....

additional note... let me have too many "real life issues" that cause too many substantial delays at my job and my azz would be canned... maybe I should have went into programming instead of construction ;)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your real life issues are effecting your ability to perform your job requirements then it’s time to step down and allow a more professional and competent person to take over

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought the faire was a good idea. Things could have been better planned but I can forgive them on that. Things don't always work out as intended. But what gets to me is that they only gave us two hours of their time on a game most of us have probably spent thousands on over the years. I understand it gets exhausting after a few hours but they should have ran it a few more days and improved some things during the downtime. Maybe another weekend. Maybe a later in the day two hours on different days.

And it would have been nice to turn my voucher in for a free drink as promised, not have them run out. If they had mentioned it was limited I would have went to do that earlier.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Statues gone, taken down ahead of time... disappointing. Had to work extra shifts last few days due to Ian so no way could make event. Everyone's been busting butt to get ready. Got today off, ran to the field earlier this morning & nada. Oh well. I'm not a hater, glad everyone else had fun :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a positive person such as yourself. 2plats will get you one of mine.

For those that don't know. All Event drops don't have clickers for those that miss the event or don't get one of the # of drops.
I will sell a full lore book for 1p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Statues gone, taken down ahead of time... disappointing. Had to work extra shifts last few days due to Ian so no way could make event. Everyone's been busting butt to get ready. Got today off, ran to the field earlier this morning & nada. Oh well. I'm not a hater, glad everyone else had fun :)
The only statue taken down "ahead of time" was the Silver steed statue one.

The others all had timers that expired at 8 AM Eastern on the 25th (aka west coast server maintenance time Sunday morning), unless some of the "fixed" ones had later timers. I know that they were still there and still running with the original timer as late as 4:30 AM on the 25th (ran and got a corrected book with one of my accounts, and tickets that couldn't be redeemed to be deco beside the food), so I assume they went away as originally scheduled.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
these "rewards" aint what they used to be

original Uo > todays Uo
It's just business, they used to give away things like Transfers Tokens, SS frags, heritage tokens etc. but then they made the wise business decision to sell those things in the store and increase profits, and likely the longevity of the game. Like it or not, one of their main objectives is profit and that isn't a bad thing.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only statue taken down "ahead of time" was the Silver steed statue one.
Silver steed statue was the only piece of 25th Anniversary memorabilia I could of possibly gotten & obviously exactly to what I was referring . Would have been nice to get something... anything. I knew there was no chance to attend with current ongoing events in my geographical location, it is what it is.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Silver steed statue was the only piece of 25th Anniversary memorabilia I could of possibly gotten & obviously exactly to what I was referring . Would have been nice to get something... anything. I knew there was no chance to attend with current ongoing events in my geographical location, it is what it is.
Same here... been hoping to eventually get one since they introduced the art work to the Brit Zoo...

oh well... guess I will wait for some to hit a vendor or an auction...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Still :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: about this....

considering a drive from GA all the way to VA just to:
:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: about this....

considering a drive from GA all the way to VA just to:
:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:
Don't know that anyone is actually at the office there anymore... rumor has it that they all live remote now... someone in Florida and Utah?... but that is what I hear through the grapevine... dunno if that's true or not.