• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Gatherers be tossed a bone in this expansion?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining mastery giving a much higher chance of successfully smelting high end ore. 15+ shovels of valorite shouldn't give less than 10 ingots after smelting it. If the maximum chance of success can't be raised, have mastery raise the minimum chance of successful smelting up.

Lumberjacking mastery that let's us find trees that have the high end woods. Think I've found frostwood once when logging. That fabled snowball has a better chance of survival than we do of finding the high end woods while logging.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I rather see a way to get both granit and small gems at same time and a chance to get more small gems.
I also wish Siege to have 2x ressource spawn/drop like in Felucca on prodo shards.
The negative part of mining mastery could be, you get more gems, granit, ore but you can't hide :devil::heart:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather see a way to get both granit and small gems at same time and a chance to get more small gems.
I also wish Siege to have 2x ressource spawn/drop like in Felucca on prodo shards.
The negative part of mining mastery could be, you get more gems, granit, ore but you can't hide :devil::heart:
Only time I hide while Mining is when RL draws my attention away. As a rule I'm just ready and willing to stick a shovel somewhere if attacked while Mining. :grin:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Goodlord....why am I just finding out about this now??? :gee:
Because it's one of those cop out things they put in instead of really fixing Mining and lumberjacking.

I suppose they think it's going to make folk want to do the junk in Covetous... but no. Doesn't help at all.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The time invested to gather the points for the ore maps is really not worth it.
The lumberjacking talismans are rather nice, though. Last time I got one, it allowed me to harvest 3,500 bloodwood.

And I too would like mining/lumberjacking masteries that would allow me to smelt ore properly and actually harvest frostwood instead of depending on the tree stumps vet reward that give them to get some.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The time invested to gather the points for the ore maps is really not worth it.
The lumberjacking talismans are rather nice, though. Last time I got one, it allowed me to harvest 3,500 bloodwood.

And I too would like mining/lumberjacking masteries that would allow me to smelt ore properly and actually harvest frostwood instead of depending on the tree stumps vet reward that give them to get some.
It's been beat to death and you probably already know... but merchant ships are decent for this stuff.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's been beat to death and you probably already know... but merchant ships are decent for this stuff.
Problem is, a lot crafters don't want to fight on Sea or in Coveteus, they just want to relax doing mining or lumbering after a hard day at work and then stock their vendors.
It's great there are other ways as not all like mining and lumbering but the good old ways could need a little love :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Precisely what @FrejaSP said. :p
My miner mostly spends her time beating poor golden elementals for their ore and unloading vet reward mining carts instead of actually digging the ground for it!

And I hate sailing. Just looking at the process to make the supplies needed to attack others ships made me give up on the idea of doing so. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ore/gem carts, Elementals, Merchant ships.... = no STONE!

I want actual stone... I don't care about the ore... and I want to be able to gather some in the colors I need without having to PVM stuff to get points to get the color I need of STONE!

All in all why I say it's all a Cop out to the real problem at hand which is that with the randomization of the ore and wood no one can find the rarer ones without resorting to some sort of "work around".... which IMO is an EPIC FAIL.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there are many more ways to get resources now, people can actually sell some of this stuff, if u make it easy and too cheap, it will be another thing that hurts economy. there is so much wood and certain other resources out there now. if u need stone, go mining or buy. problem is scripters. if they stopped scripters then they could change the randomization. since they put randomization in, non scripting miners can actually make a living without scripters totally destroying them.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try being a Smith and relying on this method for filling lots of BOD's. I've hunted tons of pirate ships and merchant ships in the last few years, saved the ore and ingots and I couldn't even fill 2 large bods of each color with those that I've collected.
This is not a viable solution, mining is an occupation that was ruined by trying to fix something that should have been fixed by finding the scripters and banning them, not by making mining (and lumberjacking) so hard that 99% of honest miners and lumberjackers quit doing it.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try being a Smith and relying on this method for filling lots of BOD's. I've hunted tons of pirate ships and merchant ships in the last few years, saved the ore and ingots and I couldn't even fill 2 large bods of each color with those that I've collected.
This is not a viable solution, mining is an occupation that was ruined by trying to fix something that should have been fixed by finding the scripters and banning them, not by making mining (and lumberjacking) so hard that 99% of honest miners and lumberjackers quit doing it.

Should of just of been left the way it was originally. The high end resources were always in the same spot, not very hard to police those areas.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AGREE COMPLETELY. This is a case of totally ruining two skills for the majority of players to supposedly 'fix' a problem of scripters by actually making it better for the scripters (now they are the only one's who can mine/chop 24/7 to get the rare woods/ingots as they don't need to worry about dying of boredom when they click their 'go' button and go shopping or whaever).

Legitimate players got screwed every way you look at it. I hate the void pool and find it pretty much mindless killing for zip reward, and I don't want to trade in 3:1 on upscaling wood/ingots as that is pointless nor spend hours doing something I don't like to get boosts for them. As for merchant ships, yeah you get 'some' resources but agree, no where near enough to make a dent in a couple of large bods and frankly the effort in canon resorces just to take them down is a lesson in outright complication for complications sake and not really worth the amount of man hours required to go fight merchants. If you could also get rewards of orc ship parts etc it might be ok but you don't get them just the resources, and spending like 20 mins finding and taking down one of them for like 60-80 val ingots is moronic. Right now I have lots of bods requiring val ingots but the ONLY way I can fill em is to buy val ingots off the damn scripters which I refuse to do. My last few mining sessions of around 2-3 hours each netted me something like 80 val ingots. Whoopee, and I haven't found a frostwood tree in the last 6-10 times I have been out, the last one I actually 'found' gave me 40 Frost boards and 80 plain boards and chopped out after 2 goes so whoop, a huge 80 frostwood boards.

I used to LOVE mining and lumberjacking,not any more.

What really gets me is instead of the devs saying "Ok, we made a mistake, we will change it back" they keep tossing these moronic other ways (void pool, merchants, vet reward carts etc) as a way to appease us, but it just isn't good enough. Like i really wanna blow my limited vet rewards on stuff that I should be able to get in game given I invested the points and time to train the skill up.

I just wish they would listen to the MAJORITY of us and put it BACK instead of leaving it as it is to just to please the scripters.

Last edited:

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining mastery giving a much higher chance of successfully smelting high end ore. 15+ shovels of valorite shouldn't give less than 10 ingots after smelting it. If the maximum chance of success can't be raised, have mastery raise the minimum chance of successful smelting up.

Lumberjacking mastery that let's us find trees that have the high end woods. Think I've found frostwood once when logging. That fabled snowball has a better chance of survival than we do of finding the high end woods while logging.
I agree. I have not found one frostwood. I feel the same about smelting. I would just love to see it changed back so we have better chances.

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AGREE COMPLETELY. This is a case of totally ruining two skills for the majority of players to supposedly 'fix' a problem of scripters by actually making it better for the scripters (now they are the only one's who can mine/chop 24/7 to get the rare woods/ingots as they don't need to worry about dying of boredom when they click their 'go' button and go shopping or whaever).

Legitimate players got screwed every way you look at it. I hate the void pool and find it pretty much mindless killing for zip reward, and I don't want to trade in 3:1 on upscaling wood/ingots as that is pointless nor spend hours doing something I don't like to get boosts for them. As for merchant ships, yeah you get 'some' resources but agree, no where near enough to make a dent in a couple of large bods and frankly the effort in canon resorces just to take them down is a lesson in outright complication for complications sake and not really worth the amount of man hours required to go fight merchants. If you could also get rewards of orc ship parts etc it might be ok but you don't get them just the resources, and spending like 20 mins finding and taking down one of them for like 60-80 val ingots is moronic. Right now I have lots of bods requiring val ingots but the ONLY way I can fill em is to buy val ingots off the damn scripters which I refuse to do. My last few mining sessions of around 2-3 hours each netted me something like 80 val ingots. Whoopee, and I haven't found a frostwood tree in the last 6-10 times I have been out, the last one I actually 'found' gave me 40 Frost boards and 80 plain boards and chopped out after 2 goes so whoop, a huge 80 frostwood boards.

I used to LOVE mining and lumberjacking,not any more.

What really gets me is instead of the devs saying "Ok, we made a mistake, we will change it back" they keep tossing these moronic other ways (void pool, merchants, vet reward carts etc) as a way to appease us, but it just isn't good enough. Like i really wanna blow my limited vet rewards on stuff that I should be able to get in game given I invested the points and time to train the skill up.

I just wish they would listen to the MAJORITY of us and put it BACK instead of leaving it as it is to just to please the scripters.

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I complained when they first did it. Felt the same about void pool. Those rewards are only for a couple hours. It took me a long time to get my skills finished. I would love this new team to revist. How it has hurt the average players.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Only time I hide while Mining is when RL draws my attention away. As a rule I'm just ready and willing to stick a shovel somewhere if attacked while Mining. :grin:
I mine in fel on ATL and have yet to be attacked since the 2000s... Lately, I can pretty much just mine and never worry about that anymore. On top of that I haven't even seen a fellow miner at all. I do remember when you can go to minoc and see others mining and keep running into no metal lol

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mine in fel on ATL and have yet to be attacked since the 2000s... Lately, I can pretty much just mine and never worry about that anymore. On top of that I haven't even seen a fellow miner at all. I do remember when you can go to minoc and see others mining and keep running into no metal lol

I've only started Mining again since a demand for granite came along due to the new publish. There's a vendor on Siege at I-3 paying very decent gold. Most quantities are still over 1900 last I dropped stone off there.

Once the Dev's set Mining up so only scripters could gather the higher ores in quantity and made sure regular players couldn't find enough higher ores to interfere with the scripters profits, what point was there to continue doing non-scripting Mining?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've only started Mining again since a demand for granite came along due to the new publish. There's a vendor on Siege at I-3 paying very decent gold. Most quantities are still over 1900 last I dropped stone off there.

Once the Dev's set Mining up so only scripters could gather the higher ores in quantity and made sure regular players couldn't find enough higher ores to interfere with the scripters profits, what point was there to continue doing non-scripting Mining?
I have no problem finding all the ores. I know they are supposed to be random but I can go back for weeks to the same spot and keep hitting the same ore. I can pull in tons of ingots in an hour when I go boat mining fel

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no problem finding all the ores. I know they are supposed to be random but I can go back for weeks to the same spot and keep hitting the same ore. I can pull in tons of ingots in an hour when I go boat mining fel

Tons of ingots are easy to get, it's getting colored ingots in quantity that's not easy. Got a couple runebooks of runes I go through for colored ore spots. We just can't mine 24/7/365 as the scriptors can. I was going to start doing more than just prospector tool BoDs but it can't be done without a lot more colored ingots. RL and sleep need some time each day.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it not be possible to make loot drop made from different metals? Not enhanced but base made from like different metals?
ie, you find a sword with normal junk mods on it but it is made from Copper. Now you have the choice to either unravel it for ingredients OR smelt it for Copper ingots.

That would give everyone chance to get different metal ingots and make loot a little more valuable also I think?

Just an idea, don't flame me. :heart: