• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Can elemental damage stack - using a runic hammer

A

anvira

When I make a weapon from a runic (and say it has 80 Energy damage on it), can I enhance it with Copper (which should provide the additional 20 to make it 100%).

Is that how it works or am I completely confused??

Thanks!

Ok - just tested this, found that I had made one with 50, enhanced it with Copper, it only went to 60?

Does anyone know why it didn't give the 20 it would seem that it should?

Edit : Ok I discovered that If you use an ancient hammer, the enhance goes up!

Sorry for the ramble, sometimes working it out here works better (and maybe a place I can refer to next week when I forget! LOL)
Thanks for your comments, they're really appreciated :)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok - just tested this, found that I had made one with 50, enhanced it with Copper, it only went to 60?

Does anyone know why it didn't give the 20 it would seem that it should?
Using an ancient hammer will improve your chance to succeed on the enhance, but not the properties gained by enhancing. I suspect your weapon was 10% physical, 50% energy, 40% other prior to enhancing. This would result in a 60% energy, 40% other weapon after enhancing with Copper.

A

anvira

So basically what I'm looking for is something like around 80/90 energy (in order to enhance to the 100) right?

H

Hudson[]

Yes but you have to make sure that the remaining 10 or 20% is physical. Enhancing only replaces physical, not other elemental types.