• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Can dull copper give >100% base intensity leech?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I just did some testing on TC, and using Dull Copper + powerful in 20 attempts with 1 title I did not get any items that were >100% of imbue intensity. I got a bunch of 50% HSL and 87 on either HLL or HML...

I am trying to make a 100% HML longsword, so I need 115% intensity (87 is max imbue).

I know that copper can do it. I assume that shadow can, though I find copper hammers easier to come by.

I have a bunch of dull coppers laying around, so even if it took me a bunch of tries, no problem.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am pretty sure the answer is no. I think the best you can do is 1 100% property. I have been playing around on Test Center trying to get 97 or 100 HLL on a double axe with elem damage. So hard to do. But with DC hammers, I used to burn those when I couldn't get shadow bods to drop for me, I burned through 2 full hammers trying to get elemental damage, and every time it made one with 100 elem damage, there were no other mods, ever. When something popped with say 70 cold 30 physical, there would be nothing else or perhaps a lwr requirements.

I will help you test though! I need a break from trying to make that Axe, so I will go do 100 tries and report if any mods go over cap as per caps listed on Reforge tables at Uo Guide.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just did some testing on TC, and using Dull Copper + powerful in 20 attempts with 1 title I did not get any items that were >100% of imbue intensity. I got a bunch of 50% HSL and 87 on either HLL or HML...

I am trying to make a 100% HML longsword, so I need 115% intensity (87 is max imbue).

I know that copper can do it. I assume that shadow can, though I find copper hammers easier to come by.

I have a bunch of dull coppers laying around, so even if it took me a bunch of tries, no problem.
Results from 100 attempts on Longsword, DC hammer set to Powerful, Grand, Inspired, Mighty/Vitality:
  • (7) HLL 87
  • (10) HLL 70
  • (1) HLL 70 + Mage Weapon -25
  • (1) HLL 70 + Hit Fatigue 20
  • (4) HLL 52 + HPR 3
  • (1) HLL 45 + SSI 15
Results from 100 attempts on Longsword, DC hammer set to Powerful, Grand, Inspired, Vampiric/Of The Vampire:
  • (5) HLL 87
  • (12) HLL 70
  • (2) HLL 70 + Mage Weapon -25
  • (1) HLL 17 + Hit Fatigue 40
Notable data points, assuming results are normally distributed, statistical significance, etc, etc:
  • Same total number of HLL w no other mods for both Mighty/Vitality and Vampiric/Of The Vampire
  • The difference between # of HLL 87 and HLL 70 for each reforging category is definitely not statistically significant.
  • There were 4 additional , or 20% more results with HLL (mods or no mods) with the Mighty/Vitality setting.
  • The above makes sense, since assuming all options in category are equally likely , but NOT considering that client may not have the same alternative selection coding/percentage for going outside the category, with Mighty/Vitality there is a 1 in 4 chance, or %25 to get some HLL, where with Vampiric there is a 1 in 5 chance or %20 of the same occurrence. This statement also assumes that Blood Drinker option is only accessible as an output choice when reforging on a weapon with Bleed Attack special.
This was fun. Now if you can tell me how to get a beetle on TC, that would be swell :)

V/R
Loren

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I had done tries on TC and got approximately the same ratio, though I was trying only Vampire.

I guess it's not worth looking into any further given that Copper hammers are so easy to come across.