• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone tell me the source of the pet I have? They are very unusual.

_L_

Visitor
I played the game in 2000. So I thought they were legacy WW.
However, compared to other guys, the resistance is strange.

*Does anyone know the origin of these guys?
*Do you have any suggestions or references for BUILD for these guys?
*Do they have any value?

1. WW For 2000
-. He eats money.
-. Property resistance is very strange-

2. Nightmare For 2000
-. Property resistance is very strange-

white wyrm.png

nightmare.png

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1. Save them for now. Do not train them yet, you WILL mess them up.

2. The no phys resist is weird. Very.

3. Train other pets, you will mess them up, and learn from them.

4. The WW could be old enough to be a legendary(3 are known to exist) so save it.
The mare is meh.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4. The WW could be old enough to be a legendary(3 are known to exist) so save it.
The mare is meh.
States the ww eats gold. Thought the gen one and gen two where the only non-eating gold ones.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as i know, all ww eat gold. Some people think its only old ones.

So, just save it to be safe.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as i know, all ww eat gold. Some people think its only old ones.

So, just save it to be safe.
Gen 1 "Ancient" and Gen 2 "Legacy" WWs do not eat gold. Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs also roar when accepting commands (https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/sounds/dragon1.mpg).
Only three Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs are still confirmed to exist in game. My "Hades" on Napa Valley, Khaelor's "Ralph" on Chesapeake, and recently Eggy's "Luna" on Oceania.

Last edited:
I just recently started playing again, and have what seems to be a Gen 2 WW (doesn't eat gold, and doesn't roar), and 3 Gen1 WWs (don't eat gold, and roar). The "grunt" sounds weird to me, at first I though it wasn't obeying, I don't remember that sound, lol.

Gen 1 "Ancient" and Gen 2 "Legacy" WWs do not eat gold. Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs also roar when accepting commands

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just recently started playing again, and have what seems to be a Gen 2 WW (doesn't eat gold, and doesn't roar), and 3 Gen1 WWs (don't eat gold, and roar). The "grunt" sounds weird to me, at first I though it wasn't obeying, I don't remember that sound, lol.
Get an interior decorator tool and hue id them, are they hue id 0 or something else.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard is this? Me or Khaelor can confirm if they're Gen 1s, and record it if so.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Confirmed. Shiny owns three Gen 1 WWs on Atlantic (transferred to Atlantic from Pacific).
"CSky" is a Pure with 746 STR/85 Cold Resist.
"SilverSky" is a Pure with 737 STR/86 Cold Resist.
"Greysky" is the most interesting. He is a non-Pure with a whopping 807 STR (overcap even for a WW)/89 Cold Resist.
GreySky.PNG GreySky 1.PNG GreySky 2.PNG

The number of Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs confirmed to still exist in game just doubled, from three to six.

Last edited:

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the other hand - had just recently met a guy on Atlantic with an old PP97 dragon which got trained (with chivalry) and scrolled all to the max - 796 STR ...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
weeee - so 'Greysky' would be the new damage dealer 'king' when trained with chivalry and maxed to all 120's ...

getting 117.44% intensity for Greysky ==> Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com
Yep. If properly trained, Greysky would probably be the most powerful WW in all of UO. This is the proper build for him. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

on the other hand - had just recently met a guy on Atlantic with an old PP97 dragon which got trained (with chivalry) and scrolled all to the max - 796 STR ...
Greysky would still be more powerful, not just because of the higher STR, but also because he doesn't waste time/mana on Dragon Breath. Plus, Dragons are 100% Physical Damage, WWs deal 50% Cold Damage, more mobs are weaker to Cold.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. If properly trained, Greysky would probably be the most powerful WW in all of UO. This is the proper build for him. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Greysky would still be more powerful, not just because of the higher STR, but also because he doesn't waste time/mana on Dragon Breath. Plus, Dragons are 100% Physical Damage, WWs deal 50% Cold Damage, more mobs are weaker to Cold.
@PlayerSkillFTW

In the Build you suggest, I see that "Innate Magery" is crossed out and Chivalry is selected.

Do I understand it as right that, by selecting Chivalry, the "innate" Magery would go away ?

I am surprised as, my understanding was that "innate" Magics would stay, no matter what, even when selecting another Magics which would then be "added" to the innate one....

That's not the case ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

In the Build you suggest, I see that "Innate Magery" is crossed out and Chivalry is selected.

Do I understand it as right that, by selecting Chivalry, the "innate" Magery would go away ?

I am surprised as, my understanding was that "innate" Magics would stay, no matter what, even when selecting another Magics which would then be "added" to the innate one....

That's not the case ?
Have you ever built a pet?!

You been asking questions for years about them.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW

That's not the case ?
The Magery would go away, and will be replaced by the new magic, Chiv, Bushido, SW etc. @popps .
This game is vast with infinite changes and if the last time you built a pet is 2 years ago, no problem. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps is just the 'worst troll' in here - blimey!

Innate magery stays innate when another magical ability is trained - the "innate" / "built-in" magical ability would just "become" inactivated. "It" would NOT "go away" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course - I'm fully aware about that. I'm just a tad bit jealous. As I have another one of those PP97 dragons which got some training in the 'right' time window. Unfortunately, I wasn't as "wise" back then and trained my beast with magery mastery instead ....

1595256776886.png
1595256804113.png

Nevertheless - I'm pretty happy with this 'flappy' - it kills 'stuff' :D

I’d like to thank PlayerSkillFTW for taking the time to give me a fun glimpse at how much taming in UO has evolved over the years! I should have been taking notes, but between the expert info and the 5* star pet show, and my awful internet lag (signed up for a new service to save $, but it may soon be an old service), well notes didn’t occur to me, albeit taking a couple of pics of really cool looking pets did, so I grabbed my phone because I’d forgotten how to take take and then save screenshots, lol.

I’m still adjusting to the idea that a wyrm or dragon with a mare is no longer a thing, as it was very much my thing, but all this new stuff sounds fun.

_L_

Visitor
So what is this guy like?
See him in arirang sever directly.
Is there anyone who can confirm?
Eat gold and eat meat. Hue is 0.

DISCORD : silvia#1400

1112.png

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This thread got me curious so i logged onto Catskills for the first time in a long time (I've been playing Siege almost exclusively for years now) and i have two white wyrms on Catskills that will not eat gold and both roar when given a command. Does this imply that they could possibly be generation 1 WW's?

Thanks

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread got me curious so i logged onto Catskills for the first time in a long time (I've been playing Siege almost exclusively for years now) and i have two white wyrms on Catskills that will not eat gold and both roar when given a command. Does this imply that they could possibly be generation 1 WW's?

Thanks
Yes, Gen 1 WWs are the only ones that roar like this. https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/sounds/dragon1.mpg

Branden

Journeyman
My WW is old but won’t eat gold n has 750+ str
I also have a old Red dragon that has 803 Str n roar after each command any idea for that?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the rare WW sounds like a dragon roar? What about a 2nd gen one. How do you know if yours is a 2nd gen? Mine eats gold and is a 0 hue. It is from somewhere between 2001 and 2003.
That's a Gen 3 then.

There are currently 4 Generations of WWs.
Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded (https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/sounds/dragon1.mpg), and have an extremely aggressive AI.
Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold, yet grunt when commanded.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR at 3 slots (like the previous generations).
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR.