• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone give me a Doom 101

• Thread starter nix912001
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

nix912001

Ive been taking a break from UO for a while and i missed the changes they did to doom. can anyone get me up to speed? I specifically need to know how many rounds, on average, it takes to get an arty

or a link to the changes would be great even

appreciate the help

B

BartofCats

depends on the random number generator and your real life luck as if your going to get an artie.

my character since the change averages one arty every 2nd round. but lately it has been one every 4 rounds. I have not been fortunate enough (yet) to get one off of the DF tho, my arties have been off of the rooms. But it is a heck of a lot better than going down there and not seeing anything for a super long time.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they added a point system to the existing code . every time you get looting rights on a boss it gives you a point . with extra point(s?) for the one who does the most damage . (i think i read somewhere that the one who does the most gets 2 extra points while the seccond most gets one ... not sure there tho)

the points somehow enhance your percentage of getting a drop . the longer you kill bosses the better your odds . however we are still dealing with very small percentages so its still like winning the lottery . you might go a few days with nothing and then get 2 in one day .

personally ive been running with one specific friend (and random others each time) frankly im prety sure im outdamaging him yet last time we went he got 2 drops and i still have yet to get any after 3 no drop doom runs.
(i am SO due)

N

nix912001

hmm, thats very weird then, i recently did 9 rounds with a friend(we were the only ones there) and neither of us got anything