• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Can anyone Confirm the year that the Shade 2 Shadowlord Warhorse was around?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok from what I have gathered so far, Manticore and Wikky both confirmed that there are 3 shades of Shadowlord (SL) Warhorses...

Shade 1 - Light Green (like we have now)

Shade 2 - Slime Green (ninja turtle kind of green)

Shade 3 - Puke Green (really dirty green)

The Shade 1 is what we have now, Shade 2 is what i'm not sure when it spawned and was hoping somebody could clear this up for me please. Shade 3 is obviously the oldest. I know a few people even Soulweaver was able to confirm that there were 3 different SL warhorses over the years... What i'm having a HARD time figuring out though is when, what years did the Shade 2 SL Warhorse spawn and when did they change the color to the Shade 1 (the color we have now)?

Also, i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this... I just thought since Shade 2 no longer spawns that it would be considered a rare, and I was hoping that some of you rare collectors out there could shed some light on this.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Are those the official names for the colors? ;)

shushu

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ShadowLords war horse color is three kinds

most old color

2nd color

3rd color ( current color )

→ ( changed )

all grays were changed to light green !

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that is the case of the 2nd one there being a totally different color (Shadow) then how do you explain the warhorses that were at Luna bank on Atlantic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think you can tell which is which... The puke looking green is there along with the slime green and really light green. If it's still hard to see, right click and copy/paste it into paint and zoom in to tell the difference. So what your saying is that every gray or shadow looking warhorse was automatically converted to light green after the people took them out of stables? Can someone explain to me the warhorses in the pic above. So far I have seen several of these "Slime Green" or shade 2 versions, can someone explain this to me? Manticore feel free to step in at any time, considering you did confirm there are 3 shades... If what ShuShu is saying is true then there are only 2 Shades if the shadow pic she provided was actually converted to the light shade. Can someone please explain this to me.

Zoomed in Pictures Below:

W

wikky

my two cents for what its worth- I have seen the three different greens at different times individually- I have not seen the picture of the bank shot with all three before today- and I find that to be an interesting comparison shot- I can not pin down the dates of the three different green colored beasts- but in my opinion there are three colors as shown in this picture "shades of green"... now everyone knows as much as i think i know anyway :p

Not my intention to flame any other opinions or information... its just what I recall- (playing since beta)-

I look forward to hearing what the forum's can determine on this subject-

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my two cents for what its worth- I have seen the three different greens at different times individually- I have not seen the picture of the bank shot with all three before today- and I find that to be an interesting comparison shot- I can not pin down the dates of the three different green colored beasts- but in my opinion there are three colors as shown in this picture "shades of green"... now everyone knows as much as i think i know anyway :p

Not my intention to flame any other opinions or information... its just what I recall- (playing since beta)-

I look forward to hearing what the forum's can determine on this subject-
I took this screenshot about a month to two months ago when I think the person on the Puke Green sl warhorse char name is "Jennifer" I believe? Luedeus there is in the middle, and I was on the left. I got mine from a person named SlingBlade on the stratics forums here. Rene of atlantic owns one of these warhorses as well as Great General, and PeeWee. I also saw one on Great Lakes on a character named "Noodle" and I was told Blue Amber had one? However, I have not seen Blue Ambers if she does own one.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have seen blue amber a lot at luna inn on ATL riding the Red Mare. Have not see her on an SL horse though.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen blue amber a lot at luna inn on ATL riding the Red Mare. Have not see her on an SL horse though.
According to PiYo PiYo on Atlantic or I guess ShuShu on stratics? She said in ICQ that Blue Amber had one. Now I don't know if this is true but it really doesnt matter... All the other people I listed have one or bought one and can anyone explain the comparison of green SL Warhorses in that pic to me?

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Email Mesanna with those pics enclosed and see if you get a response. I would like to know as well because I honestly never knew there was another hue, seeing them one by one you'd never know the difference but having them all in one place its obvious to see.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I emailed Mesanna and sent her the thread link... I'm not sure when she will reply though, I am still waiting for her to reply to another question I had for her.

Luedeus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took this screenshot about a month to two months ago when I think the person on the Puke Green sl warhorse char name is "Jennifer" I believe? Luedeus there is in the middle, and I was on the left. I got mine from a person named SlingBlade on the stratics forums here. Rene of atlantic owns one of these warhorses as well as Great General, and PeeWee. I also saw one on Great Lakes on a character named "Noodle" and I was told Blue Amber had one? However, I have not seen Blue Ambers if she does own one.
I see me no where in that picture?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't that you in the middle there Luedeus? If it wasnt you it was another person on my ICQ list helping me compare... Regardless, someone was there and this was I would say 2 months ago that I took this screenshot.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I think that it was a guy named Mr Kinkade on my ICQ list that was in the middle there. Sorry about that lued, yall just look so much alike...

Still waiting for someone to clear this up for me about the three green warhorses in the screenshot.

One thing I was just thinking about... If all the gray SL Warhorses or (Shadow) to me they look shadow. If all of those were converted to light green, why didn't they convert the very old ones as well to match the color of SL warhorses now (light green)? Was just wondering that.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fairly certain there is some kind of pet exploit out... There weren't 3 different green sl horses...

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

Ok so I hope this answers some of the questions here. Originally the war horses were not a template, and when spawned they were a dark green. When we went back and put them all in templates they did change color.

I can personally verify 2 hues of green war horses.

Mesanna

N

Nightly Spirit

Mesanna not only kills because she cares, she will also answer questions because she cares. :)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played UO a longgg time... Most pvpers recognize only 2 colors. the 3rd one leaves questions unanswered.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I think that it was a guy named Mr Kinkade on my ICQ list that was in the middle there. Sorry about that lued, yall just look so much alike...

I know when Mr. Kinkade sold his account the new owner tried to pretend he was Kink. I'm hoping this is not the same guy... cause that would mean he even is trying to pretend he's Kink via ICQ o_O

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im honestly not sure Derium. I think I met the guy one day when he noticed the difference in the SL Warhorses when I was at luna one day. He helped compare them for me. I dont know him that well though.

Can someone tell me if this "Slime Green" colored SL Warhorse is illegal or not and if it is worth anything? So far I know of five that exist.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would seem like you would have to page a GM and see what they do in that type situation, I suppose you could try and ask Mesanna, again. But other than that how on earth is anyone supposed to know? And I thought collecting old shoes was strange.

**edit**

Actually I guess that is strange.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
paging a GM about the color might prove fatal to the pony

....... on the other hand, you could end up with yet another lovely shade of green ;)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
True, but he's wanting to know if its illegal, that's a pretty good way to find out.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, if at all possible I would like it if Mesanna could tell us if these "slime colored" SL Warhorses will be deemed illegal or not. Since I don't own one it would be hard I think to page in game since I dont have one to show the GM.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see animal lore on one...

When she tried putting the pet in the trade window this is a screenshot that she took and sent to me to show me what it said:

Mesanna if you come across this thread can you please let us know if these color SL Warhorses will be deemed legal or illegal?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure how or when they were made. I'm just trying to see if Mesanna will let us know if they are safe to own or if they are going to be illegal to own. I do wish I knew what they were from though, it's kinda weird.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from a pragmatic standpoint, if you were going to screw people, changing normal sl horses to a different green would be a pretty good way to abuse a pet coloration bug.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this was a bug of some sort at all and it was fixed. if the horses arent deemed illegal with the limited amount that i've seen in game I would think that they would be worth a lot. I'm still waiting to here back from Mesanna though either through Email (it'd be like a week now that ive waited for that), through PM or replyin to this thread.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Medusa dyes pets a deep maroon color. The closest color to medusa bug dyed pets would be the dark red looking minax faction warhorse. Even then though you can tell the difference if the minax faction warhorse and medusa dyed pet were standing right beside one another.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

Ok maybe this will put this thread to rest. I have spoken to the GM Lead and the Devs about this issue. None of these will be deleted.

If anyone knows this is an exploit 100% send me the steps to be verified.

Mesanna

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone,

Ok maybe this will put this thread to rest. I have spoken to the GM Lead and the Devs about this issue. None of these will be deleted.

If anyone knows this is an exploit 100% send me the steps to be verified.

Mesanna
Well thank God! or Mesanna.. Or Nar, if that's your thing...