• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can a enginer have combact skills

M

mcncyo

hello I did play this game when it first came out. And i started to play agian. I have a quick questions. Can an engineer have weapon skills to proecte them selfs? What weapons can I use?

P

Penti

Unfortunately the skill system was totally revamped and you no longer have the ability to pick and choose a mix of skills from various professions. Crafters and solely crafters now, so the best course of action in order to protect yourself may be to put a couple of your expertise points into Beastmaster and get yourself a pet. You would need to train him up, but that fairly easy to do, just takes time.........

C

ClanBeviin2

Of course, if you put too many points into Beastmaster, you don't have as many to make yourself a kickin' Engineer. My advice:

1. Use the best gun you can
2. Wear clothes/jewelry with the best stats you can find
3. When you hit level 22, get yourself the best armor you can afford
4. Don't forget power-ups, buffs, and stims

Don't fool yourself, though. You'll never be a combatant. You'll be hard pressed to fight blue and even some green elites and you'll be overpowered by gangs of three or more. On the other hand, you probably won't be doing a lot of combat for combat's sake.

Finally, you're an Engineer. Why mess with beasts when you can craft yourself combat droids?

P

Penti

Realistically you can get away with just 2 expertise points in BM, so combine a CL90 pet with a decent droideka or similar and you're definately giving yourself a chance to survive.

B

BadgerSmaker

I once set up an Engineering Trader for PvP, using all the best equipment possible.

I wasn't in danger of actually killing a combat player 1v1 but it was fun in group PvP. After I'd helped the group kill all the opposing faction players I could do some reverse engineering and sell some droids and other craftables to my fellow PvPers.