• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling All Collectors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so this evening the Demonous had an issue with the auction house http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-rares-collector/251417-scam-has-taken-place-silent-auction-house.html . We've all been there and if you haven't then you will eventually. Anyway, now he and Sundina have agreed to pay for the item, a huge sum of 1.2 billion. Now as collectors we have something of a negative reputation. In fact I've heard several people refer to the rares fest as "Greed Fest." Perhaps we can't change everyone's impression of us, but we can perhaps help out one of our own. It just doesn't seem right for Demonous and Sundina to do us this great service with the auction house, which they are going to continue to do for the duration of the festival, AND pay that large sum. Lets keep in mind that they do not make any gold off of this and now they cannot even enjoy the festival.

Now in the other thread Blend mentioned donations, I think thats a great idea. Now as I am short of on gold at the moment I am going to donate an item instead. I have a Babycakes Oven up for bids in the auction. All of the proceeds will now go to the house. So whatever you have, be it items or gold donations, dig deep friends!

GOLD
Angel Dust 15 Mill
Manticore 100 Mill
Faeryl 25 Mill
Gareth 50 Mill
Wootsauce 100 Mill
Europa Trader 100 Mill
Apetul 50.000.001 Mill
Blend 100 Mill
Clops 100 Mill

ITEMS
Athelas Babycakes Oven
Restroom Cowboy An Kal Lem Statue
Tam Fibril Of The Gyre Of Existence
Promathia Unwilling Victim Of Bellatrix Adhara's Crystal Widow Abomination

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can toss in 15mil as I myself am poor ;[. hit me up tomorrow evening. if you dont mind everyone can give donations to you to keep track of, that ok with you?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is right. 1.2 billion is nothing if we all chip in. I'll put up 100 mil.

I can think of at least 10 collectors that can drop 100 mil and not even break a sweat right now.

Lets go guys and gals!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may not be well known or anything in the rares community, but I'll put up 25mil. Just need to know who/where to deliver it to :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
50,000,000 gold from Kijustsu Anei Village on Chesapeake

(Thank you Demon Slayer and Sundina for helping to safe guard players from townships as well, we are easy targets for scammers to take advantage of and you two have personally taken it upon yourselves to protect us, so lucky for us we had you two for the Chesapeake festivals along with Lineman. I'll try to get more together and maybe one day when we become all grown up Rare collectors we can help out more *smiles*)

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Transaction completed with Demonous. Thanks for all that you do and don't let this get you down. Your track record in the past speaks for itself.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50.000.001 gold

Just because a simple guy of Lake Superior can beat an entire Village of Chesapeake ;)

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well I drop the price on set to 1,1b

Reserved was 1b so I think I will do a little to help if I drop the price on item with 100m.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for doing this thread
I donated 100m.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
50.000.001 gold

Just because a simple guy of Lake Superior can beat an entire Village of Chesapeake ;)
That sounds like a Challenge my friend *Smiles* Yes?

[youtube]bNCKMNhAJ7o[/youtube]

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm... Who can I give the gold to?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the above donations should just about do it. Feel free to bid on the donated items (for good cause) at the local Rares fest Silent Auction House! Happy bidding! :thumbup1:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Athelas,

Let me know if the sale items + gold is short and I'll make up the difference.

Sorry this happened to you two, but the rares community DOES have some people that are honest and care about our collective reputations.
Your reputation is intact. Years of stellar trading is why.

Thanks for your honesty in telling us about what happened.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam only a small time holiday collector...dont own hardly any EM Event items of any real value...never get chance to do events unless they are on europa....alas i feel the pain!!!! and will match Angels donation of 15m.....just will need pay on europa if someone can do the do for atlantic gold...im sure one of ya can.

267 208 357

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP, I can toss in the 15 for you and we can meet up later on Europa. I will ICQ ya sometime over the next few days. So, who do I give the cash to?

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you Athelas- great post

Demon and Sundina please dont let this spoil your love of the rares fest

Whats the saying: $h1t happens!

You have no idea how much your hard work is appreciated. I cant thank you enough for all that you do.

Im donating 50 mil- Im sure there were items you would have loved to be able to bid on so keep the donations coming

Thanks again
Queen Arya

D

Dani/Alina

I went to bed before this post, if you still need some gold I can help. I will donate 25m! Please let me know :)

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I will donate 25m if it is still needed.
Please let me know who to give the gold to in that case.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have more than we need to cover this. Thanks to all who answered this call so quickly.

G

Gunga_Din

Lets round up the usual suspects. I blame shinobi. Even if he's innocent, I still blame him.

2nd, any gold needed let me know.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i appreciate everyone help i really do, its just a shame you have to use your hard earned gold on something like that, we can assure you that nothing like this will happen again, it was a lazy mistake on our part and i should have made sure it was actually the right person, then again UO is one of the few games that allows you to name your character the same name as another person with that name which kind of sucks... but was still a dumb mistake, thanks again for everyones donations !

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets round up the usual suspects. I blame shinobi. Even if he's innocent, I still blame him.

2nd, any gold needed let me know.
pretty sure shinobi and hoodwink are behind it as shinobi was wearing the helm

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow.... Europa trader, i am so sorry about this happening. I myself dont have alot, only 150mil. But if it is still needed, i will give 50mil. Again, srry this happened.

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well dang guys, I posted in the other thread before finding this one but man all I did was go to work and I missed it. The "big folks" got in and covered it before the little folks even had a chance......kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feeling and stuff.....that said....IF something happens and you come up short I can throw in 25mil, just let me know and I'll get it sent to Atlantic....(already spent what I transferred for the festival hehe)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off I'd like to thank all of the folks who so freely gave their gold and hard earned items. Everyone really came together to take care of this, I for one am truly proud to be a part of this community.

That said, I think this thread has served its purpose. Thanks again to all who participated. If any of you who pledged are still looking for a place to deposit gold please Pm me and we'll get that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.