• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Call Me a Noob...

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I keep hearing about runic hammer changes, but I am to lazy to hunt it down and read it. Someone summarize for a lazy Stratics Reporter? Explain it to me in a way that someone who hangs out in Felucca on Atlantic can understand...

G

Noob.

(sorry couldnt resist - and you did ask!
)

Changes havent come into effect yet, there's a thread in Uhall, started by Wilki, which I will find in another tab while I ramble on here and blather with my typing, and then post a link for you like so!

Hard to summarise it really, since the post itself is pretty much straightforward

Now I just hope that's the info you wanted, or I'll be getting called a noob too
LOL!

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I am a dumb ass.

Does this mean that...lets use a DC runic...will have the chance to drop huge properties now? Between 45 and 100% or whatever? Is that what it means? Same thing with a spined kit...or am I not understanding. I guess my time in Felucca as the Atlantic Felucca reporter has ruined my thinking ability. Damn those people who don't use full words and sentences when they type!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, it won't be until at least January, before the changes go in.

However, the lesser runics only have the INTENSITIES changed, not their number of properties.

As a result, they won't be as big of a draw.

On the other hand, if one is assembling a luck suit, or an LRC suit that they don't care what resists it has (or both in one), the low runics will be the way to go.

Spined runics will be used for luck, lrc, and luck/lrc suits.

low-end hammers will be used for recipe weapons that add runic bonuses from the tool, or trying to make a spined-runic-style (above) suit out of the SE suit pieces that are mage armor when exceptional. They'll probably be used a lot for shields (since shields have a lot smaller property range available).

J

Jhym

*tumbles on the bandwagon*

NOOOOB!!!

As the others said, it's pretty much increasing the intensities for all runics, so we have a better chance of getting 100% on a property. The number of properties won't change and the rarity of the hammers won't really change.

Basically we'll have a better chance at actually getting one or two excellent pieces from mid-grade runics, and the high grade runics will be more desirable for actual use.

They are supposed to drop it on TC for the next publish, which I still expect mid-to-late january.

L

Lilac Crypt

Yer a noob!

Well.. folks on Fel LS understand that. (They hear it as I'm running away. Some call it fleeing.. I call it strategic redeployment.)

What the rest of the folks have said. At least tailor and smith runics will have some chance for each kit to hit 100% of any given property rolled.

By no means does that mean anyone will get a 100% Hit Fireball property.. it just means that now, instead of having NO chance of getting past a cap, a created item can now be at the maximum. For instance, "Hit Spell Effect" has a maximum of 50. Even the lowliest dull copper hammer now will have a chance of creating a weapon with Hit Lightning 50%. Not MUCH of a chance, but before there was none at all.

Items and magical stuffs that can be done to them can be found here:

http://guide.uo.com/itemproperties_0.html

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rawr to those answers! That is what I was looking for. I would have asked the people I interact with on Atlantic, but they would have just tried to kill me while calling me a noob.

Thanks a billion for the answers, folks.

UO Smith Forum: Helping to Answer Questions for Total Noobz

L

Lilac Crypt

Well, of course we can post answers for total noobs!

I prove I am one at least once a day!

"Really, I didn't know you could do that.. wow!" *folks laugh and point*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, of course we can post answers for total noobs!

I prove I am one at least once a day!

"Really, I didn't know you could do that.. wow!" *folks laugh and point*

[/ QUOTE ]Hee hee, me too, way too frequently!
Hubby and I call each other "noob" IRL frequently too :p

Sorry Erickson, I did misunderstand your first post
Glad it got cleared up!

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Items and magical stuffs that can be done to them can be found here:

http://guide.uo.com/itemproperties_0.html

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very nice table of properties, and it was recently updated, but I don't quite understand the "Quality Range" property listing.

For example, Life Leech, Mana Leech, Damage Increase show maximum intensity of 50%. But I've got a leafblade from swoops with +60% in life leech, mana leech and damage increase; an ornate axe with three +70% properties that I got in a box for completing the shimmering effusion, and have seen lances with 100% intensity. My luck on the character at the time was only 95 with the equinox robe, so it can't be that much increase from luck.

So, how do the properties on found weapons go above the "Quality Range?" Am I not reading this right?

L

Lilac Crypt

Nah... it was some allowed increase for big, slow, heavy weapons.

Now if I can find the chart that explained THAT.. I will be a miracle worker. There was an explanation for it once, but there isn't one chance in hell that I'll find it.

I looted a heap of stuff with 99 or 100% leech on it, before I realized what I was looking at.. then it all hit the trash. Lances, war hammers.. really big, really slow, really heavy weapons can be looted with properties above the stated caps. Halberds, bardiches.. axes.. the stuff that no one generally uses.

I'm betting that the caps for creation of said weapons stay under the caps in that chart, though. They might not, but when's the last time you saw a bardiche fighter?

Heck if they don't.. you might actually SEE someone fighting with a war hammer. Every two minutes or so they'll swing..