• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

By ekk they aint half changed it !

P

Phaheela

Yet another returneee after 2yr break & everything is different !

My tamer when i re-opened my account was sitting at 89.7 taming + 93.7 lore + 95.8 vet, so, thinking back to the olden days when i last played, one word came to mind... Bulls and lots of them. jewel'd up to 99.7 taming & crossed my fingers that del would, as i was used to, be full of pre-tames.

Gets to del, not a tamer in sight ! Jel farm, not a tamer in sight, barrier isle... ditto, so sets to work on the bulls using the uni (must be the only tamer still riding a uni !) to ensure a frequent & fast re-spawn. nearly a week now & ive still never seen anyone else taming bulls. Im doing around 50 to 100 bulls a day & gaining an average .3

Where does everyone go these days ? and what are all the new ridables ?? Have mares increased in skill needed to tame level ?

S

Sarphus

You might want to try gaman around the one moongate in Tokuno.

Also ridgebacks are nice at slightly higher levels. you're not likely to encounter many people grinding taming right now. A lot of people just get their daily gain and then go do stuff.

Mares are the same, but there was a limited time only release of something called a dread warhorse. They don't spawn anymore, but there are pretty many around. It's basically a 3 slot version of a mare.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've seen, the only thing anyone does for high level taming these days is to get their guaranteed gain, pop on some taming jewels then go about the fun part of the game.

The people who do stay in the farms for a while usually kill their tames so they can get a new bull.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another returneee after 2yr break & everything is different !

My tamer when i re-opened my account was sitting at 89.7 taming + 93.7 lore + 95.8 vet, so, thinking back to the olden days when i last played, one word came to mind... Bulls and lots of them. jewel'd up to 99.7 taming & crossed my fingers that del would, as i was used to, be full of pre-tames.

Gets to del, not a tamer in sight ! Jel farm, not a tamer in sight, barrier isle... ditto, so sets to work on the bulls using the uni (must be the only tamer still riding a uni !) to ensure a frequent & fast re-spawn. nearly a week now & ive still never seen anyone else taming bulls. Im doing around 50 to 100 bulls a day & gaining an average .3

Where does everyone go these days ? and what are all the new ridables ?? Have mares increased in skill needed to tame level ?
Welcome back :)

The best place I found for gains at your level was taming great harts at either Healer's Grove in Ilshenar or Barrier Isle outside Trinsic. I rarely see other tamers out working their skills any more, so you probably won't see many pretamed critters, but it's possible to get by without them :)

New rideables would be the cu sidhe, reptalon, hiryu and dread war horse/mare. The dread mares no longer spawn but they're basically a beefed up pure black nightmare. Mares and unicorns still have the same taming requirement of 95.1.

I'd suggest you try and get yourself a couple of bake kitsune to hunt with while you train. They're pretty useful pets for a fully trained tamer, but your skill would give you great control and give you a break from the training :)

Wenchy

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love having my bake with me while training. Well, one of the pair anyway.

That way I don't even have to stop for a flame strike (no EI anyway) between taming attempts. Just tame, all kill, go to the next. My fox will follow when it's done.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, they're handy for that :) I tend to kill harts on healers, but I'm sure the odd giggle from a kit would be more fun heh.

When I was working with ridgebacks, I used dryad allure on any interfering savages and they'd kill the tames for me... really confused a lot of tamers when they saw me at first lol.

Wenchy